Other Techniques for Income

which ETF’s do you suggest?
I’ve always been an alt-type so that’s usually what I prefer. And I do think the system will come down but the entire system is very sick and top-heavy. BTC is the only counter I know of, or precious metals, which I’ve already done

2 Likes

Miami mayors coin. he made $5.2m off of it, everyone else got boned.

and this: Link
https://old.reddit.com/r/Bitcoin/comments/sultun/jordan_peterson_has_been_confirmed_as_a_speaker/

These were the top comments

The grift is real
-GH

1 Like

Since the Pandemic we have moved so far into a speculative market its ridiculous. Everything is over valued. Whether it is Crypto, Stocks, Sports Cards and even rolex’s, its all being sold as “this could be worth…”.

The correction is coming and the traditional boing stocks will survive, but anything that has blown up over the last few years is going to crumble. And sadly the common man will be left holding the bag.

-GH

3 Likes

Thanks, Michael Burry. :wink: Good to know you can predict the future, I assume you have the market shorted to the tune of a few billion so your money is where your mouth is? I’ll quote the one part of that list I think is relevant, before giving you another list.

“Bitcoin is for everyone. That includes your enemies, people you disagree with and blood thirsty murderers. Bitcoin is apolitical. Bitcoin doesn’t need to convince everyone.”

You could be right this time, though. :stuck_out_tongue: Stranger things have happened. I’m comfortable either way, I have income from my thoroughly boring corporate bank bonds and a speculative bet on BTC that’s made me a 2000% profit after already taking out my initial investment. I’m not gonna tell anyone to buy either, passive income streams have their place along with moonshots.

2 Likes

I guess support the common man - I’m one of em. Wall Street is corrupt. Large Banks are very corrupt. And both of those entities are basically our government (I’m still not clear which own which). And yes, I know that betting against the Fed is a bad bet… a do it every time, but I"m also convinced that the Fed is the biggest enabler of all the corruption.
I remember once going on a blind date. All I knew was that she was a lawyer. When we met she told me that she was a federal prosecutor for the DEA. I basically spent the evening making the case that the DEA created the drug cartels and that prosecuting weed smugglers was a horrible joke and she should be ashamed of her work. Although I did pay for dinner, we didn’t have a second date. The DEA is much like the Fed, in my eyes

2 Likes

I’m not Michael Burry, though I wish I was. I mean, they guy does see the forest through the trees.

I glad, you took your initial investment off the table like a wise investor, but most people don’t.

This is from a piece by Paul Krugman:
krugman

and for the uninitiated

Well worth the 2hr runtime.

This is not financial advice
-GH

1 Like

Exactly why I don’t do diy led builds. Sure I could save a couple hundred or I might just be throwing it in the trash.

1 Like

For me it’s burning the house down that’s the real dealbreaker

6 Likes

That too( though admittedly didn’t cross my mind :sweat_smile:)

2 Likes

The stock market has been on a hair trigger for at least the past decade because most stocks sell for what is hoped to be a great future. For instance one share of Amazon (AMZN) costs $3030 but it’s forward P/E is 52. (A conservative P/E goes no higher than 15 - 16.) Its Book Worth Per Share is $271.60. It’s selling for more than eleven times its actual worth. People with mega cash like pension funds, hedge funds buy and sell Amazon and other high profile stocks hoping to make a profit daily or over a longer time period because they have to pay retiree’s and investors a profit on their IRA’s and 401K’s. The “market” is something like Global Warming. Some don’t want to the disaster is coming, some know it’s coming, but nobody is actually doing much about it.
I’m in the market but I have only 4 real stocks all with P/E’s below 16 paying me a monthly dividend they can afford. Their cash to debt ratio is under 10. In short, I don’t go for the high flyers because in case of a real crash/panic they won’t have far to fall before they’re solid. To counter that loss, I’m building savings so I can get by for a year+ without having to sell these stocks because the market will come back as it always has. Plus the stocks are mostly REITs (Real Estate Investment Trusts) people will always need a place to live and do business.
I don’t buy an investment on the “noise” if I can’t understand how they make their money which is why I’m not involved with crypto’s.

2 Likes

Cannabis, IMO, as an investment is tricky for a few reasons. 1) It’s illegal nationally and there doesn’t seem to be any real effort or way to change that. (If the Democrats propose, the Republicans automatically oppose.) 2) The legal market is cash only. The Feds recently busted an armored car carrying pot money. 3) People can grow their own or sooner or later will likely know someone who does grow and can buy some from them cheaper than the legal market because states, counties and local jurisdictions all extract as much money as they can, forcing retail to charge way high prices.
When and if cannabis ever becomes legal, there will be a huge food fight of businesses buying up what they deem to be future profitable companies and situations. IMO, when the dust settles, there will be 4 or 5 corporate giants running the cannabis show ad their “stuff” will be like buying hot house tomatoes compared to growing your own.
If I were to buy into cannabis stock, I’d find two or three companies likely to be bought up by the big boys hoping my 50 cent stock jumps to a dollar or two in five years. Not worth it to me.

2 Likes

I have an old Hoover I bought at Walmart 4 years ago. It still works fine. I have hardwood and carpet.

China shutting down trading is enough to drive it down. The energy cost is huge. So I guess instead of using the natural gas from flares Texas wells burn off and warming up their windmills :wink:

Their company, Giga, places a shipping container full of thousands of bitcoin miners on an oil well, diverts the natural gas into generators, which convert the gas into electricity that is then used to power the miners.

1 Like

China shutting down trading on any asset is enough to drive it down, I assume… it’s the second-largest economy in the world, isn’t it?

The energy cost is huge because a lot of people want it, enough to spend massive amounts of electricity mining it and in the process maintaining the security of the network. If nobody wanted it, nobody would be spending electricity on it and it wouldn’t cost anything. How much energy does America spend watching TV shows that produce absolutely nothing, do you think? Or chatting on the internet, for that matter. :wink:

As far as using electricity that can’t feasibly be used anywhere else, seems like a win/win… condemn the system that results in something like 60% of all energy generated being lost, not Bitcoin. Talk about huge energy costs.

2 Likes

Of you like that one, you’ll love this one on “How money is created.” I have as few disagreements with one or two of the premises. But over all it really get’s me thinking. Good stuff… https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mzoX7zEZ6h4

2 Likes

Not to mention 25 minutes an hour of commercials.The point was 3 fold.

1)poking fun at Texas for all the wasted energy heat when the windmills need some.
2) Bicoin price is quite volatile
3) Someone is at least using the energy from the wells and it was a pretty bright thing IMO If not for mining there should be other ways to claim that without flaring it off,

3 Likes

The problem with claiming the energy from the gas the drillers flareoff, is transportation. What these kids are doing is converting the energy on-site, into cryptocurrency, without the need to build infrastructure to pipe out the small amounts of natural gas. If they used the mined BTC to wholesale purchase electric energy elsewhere, you could call that “long-distance wireless energy transfer”.

2 Likes

China and Russia say they’re banning crypto…then they buy the dip and all is forgotten. How many times has China said they’re banning? Like, 5 times in the last 6 months…lol.

Edit.
But again…I know very little about trading or anything…just a moonboy :chart_with_upwards_trend::chart_with_upwards_trend::chart_with_upwards_trend::rocket::crescent_moon:

2 Likes

that vid is good

2 Likes

… just sayin.
Anyway, whats a good 3x Ultra Bear ETF? Let’s get this party started :smiley:

Well, the stock market is moving closer to panic mode overRussia/Ukraine on top of inflation. IMO, half of inflation is just the media hyping another scare to get more viewers and a business says, “Hey, if prices are going up, I better raise ours.” Will Russia invade or just make us go crazy? At the risk of seeming cynical and callous, It really has little to no effect on our economy. So if the market “correction” turns to another panic sell off, I’m going to buy more of the the companies I’ve researched and feel comfortable they’ll bounce back when the panic recedes.

2 Likes