OTUG's Outdoor Odyssey!

After finding 7 girls that ended up looking like that pic in one of my last grows, out of a pack of 10 seeds, I think I’m good for the next 10 years :joy:

Funny thing is I posted something similar but it was a gif in another thread, and I think it got flagged and deleted :rofl:

6 Likes

Days of torrential rains and violent winds have left the giants torn, battered, and broken.

Now, I trudge through the underworld, carrying with me the weight of these massive creatures of myth and legend.

Soon, I shall emerge from the depths of hell.
ezgif.com-optimize (1)

29 Likes

You’re looking at it the wrong way.

This is clone time. Stick the broken branches into soil pots. Even if you save only one it’s a win.

Or does that not work once they’re flowering? I guess you’d have to move them indoor and run veg lights. Maybe I’m being overly optimistic. But I’d try, these plants are crazy.

Also, if they’re still hanging by the skin it’s enough for them to finish, just patch them up.
Even the totally broken stems, make a nice clean V cut and graft them back together.

Love heals. :green_heart: :sunglasses:

4 Likes

They really are.

I was able to mend the Red Congolese x SSH, but the few branches on some of the others snapped right off. I washed and hung the damaged limbs, as well as cut a few nice buds from each plant as an insurance policy, incase another unexpected event happens before they finish.

I’ve been keeping a close eye on the Blockhead now. As the massive colas really start to swell, the potential for budrot starts going up. If I can make it just a few more weeks, I’ll be rewarded with some of the biggest and stickiest buds I’ve ever grown.

16 Likes

That is a tree truck. Thanks for measuring it for us.

:green_heart: :seedling:

3 Likes

11 Likes

I really feel for you OTUG; its sad to see something you cared for most a year get so fucked up overnight.

Only thing i can suggest considering your high level of skill and knowledge would be to supplement with silica (monosilic acid) throughout the entire cycle.

I saw my plants whip in the wind bending into full arches and not a single break. These were given silica throughout so the support branches could build themself stronger.

8 Likes

I keep my fingers crossed every time I hear rain . Glad your able to save part of your grow there looking so nice .

3 Likes

that’s just one more reason for hanging ah-boot. Looking forward to seeing them hit the finish line. Hoping the weather cooperates! :sunglasses:

4 Likes

20210926_002747

16 Likes

I know that tree is gonna fall any minute now. I CAN’T miss it. :joy:

6 Likes

you misheard. it’s a tree trunk, not a tree truck.

4 Likes

Very sad to see your troubles but good luck mending those lovelies, hopefully they will stay strong and come through with some powerful medicine for you!

3 Likes

Got a love braving the outdoor experience. Iv lost multiple plants this year as well due to weather. Thankfully it’s just the weather… cheers to a great harvest!

3 Likes

Hey there cuz…what’s up? No update or pics lately? You do come on here lol Finished the chop yet?

5 Likes

Hey @JohnnyPotseed :grin:

I’ve been meaning to post an update, but the harvest has been consuming nearly every waking moment.

Hours have turned to minutes.

The amount of colas I’ve been cutting and trimming feeling endless. As I cut down the giants, their skeletons crash upon the Earth’s surface.

The amount of bud can only be described, as legendary. Each plant producing pound after pound of pungent, sticky flower. Some of the finest medicine.

36 Likes

I’m on my way.

:running_man: :running_man: :running_man: :running_man: :running_man:

2 Likes

DAMN cuz! you knocking it outta the ballpark! :joy: :scream: :crazy_face: :laughing: :+1:
Friggin awesome!!

6 Likes

Lol, if only every member here could help me cut and trim a branch.

11 Likes

Good Roots

23 Likes