OTUG's Outdoor Odyssey!

Thanks man, I’ve been stretching them bit by bit to get ready for the nets. They’re definitely happy and starting to really bush out.

That’s a good question on the tobacco. I’ll probably hang em for a month, stack em to cure for a bit, then let them age to mellow out the smoke.

4 Likes

Thank you sir! Yes a decent variety for sure, although not as extensive as the variety in your medicine cabinet…yet :wink: lol. I think I’m gonna need a lot more 5 gallon pails for storage come harvest time :smiley:

2 Likes

Yea the Rustica is very powerful stuff for sure. Very potent, especially if you smoke too much.

Sometimes I dash a bit of hot Grabba (Fronto leaf) in a spliff, hits the spot!

4 Likes

Awesome thread @Oldtimerunderground! You almost got me thinking you’re in the southern Appalachians. I lived in western North Carolina for five years starting in ‘95.

My neighbor across the road from me was a tobacco farmer. I made some extra coin helping him and his Mexican immigrants take plants hung in open barns to cure, off the stalk. It was quite the experience. I was going back to school for photography and art and photo documented a lot of that process.

Also, I love your grow. You have some killer genetics. Which side of the Canadian earth are you living? You sure have a nice growing spot. peace

3 Likes

Beauties, all looking happy and healthy

1 Like

Those are some happy plants. Good work man!
:+1:

:green_heart::rhinoceros::seedling:

1 Like

Thanks @GMan! I could only dream of living in the Appalachians. I’ve always been drawn to mountains. When I was a kid in Lebanon I would climb and hike them constantly, even one time I went inside one! It was incredible going into the Jeita Grotto, seriously unforgettable. I wish I could find the photos of me at the entrance, they didn’t allow photos inside at the time but here is a postcard I have of the interior. I’m sure you could find better pics online but I like this one as it’s a little more personal.

I really miss the unbelievable views, the aesthetic value of nature is truly priceless and needs to be preserved.

Sounds like your time there was really interesting! I would love to see any pictures you still have from that time and place, you’re more than welcome to share them here.

Thanks bro! :pray:

🥲 Thank you x 1000 :pray:

Lol that gave me a good laugh. Let’s just say I’m in the deep, deep south of the great white north, if that makes any sense :laughing:

Thanks again for joining me on this epic journey. Your words have been most uplifting. :grin:

If you could help me harvest some of the tobacco it would be appreciated and I can pay you in silver and gold! Err, I mean, Silver haze lol cause I’m broke :laughing:

15 Likes

I really appreciate the compliments @FattyRoots, hopefully they can stay happy and healthy all the way to harvest so I can finally get caught up again and fill up the stash cabinet. If they keep growing at this rate I’m pretty sure I’ll need a whole stash room!

2 Likes

Thank you @Rhino_buddy, I really feel their happiness too and the funniest thing is my wife said the same thing when she was caressing the LavenderMAC in the garden this morning!

That really, really means a lot Rhino. I’ve been planning and working on this grow for what feels like quite some time, in the end it will all be worth it. When you consume as much Cannabis as my wife and I, maintaining a constant and consistent supply is no small feat by any means.

It truly has been an Odyssey for me. Having you all here gives me the hope and strength to move forward, despite seemingly insurmountable odds.

Thank you all from the bottom of my heart and soul.

-OTUG

7 Likes

You guys talking of the Appalachians ? Hmm… thats where i am , small world right ? This outdoor grow is starting out stellar ! I would like to tag along & watch it play out

2 Likes

Some of the best sandy loam soil in the world! :sunglasses:

3 Likes

Hey @Crazy1 thank you for the kind words, I vegged almost every plant for months before putting them out to give them the biggest and best head start possible. Hope I didn’t bite off more than I can chew lol but I had to go all in for this one. Really happy to have you here to see this too, I’ll make sure to keep you on your toes! :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

4 Likes

You hit the nail on the head @GMan with that one. Just like the Appalachians, the soil here where I am is a nice sandy loam. I think it was actually underwater at one point in the past. Couple times I found sea shells while digging, and shotgun shells too! :laughing:

3 Likes

Real healthy and great color ! that’s how I grew in the past big hole in the earth full of goodies .

2 Likes

Are your grow bags just easier? Why don’t you just fill in a big hole @gramps?

2 Likes

They were free along with soil and a skid steer to fill . You would need to line the holes with 1/4" screen to keep the gophers out the bags are simple and grow well . I do place the bags on top of screen and you don’t have to bend over so far to pull weeds . I grew in raised beds for years when they started falling apart we used the soil to fill bags . Some of this organic soil we started over forty years ago and has fed an served us well .

5 Likes

Have you tried those ‘sonic chasers’? supposed to keep out all kinds of critters

1 Like

No but I wonder if they will keep the bats out of my barn ?

1 Like

Doubtful lol they stab into the ground, for moles, snakes etc

1 Like

Just a little update for the Odyssey today.

Here is a couple pics of the top on the Hellfire OG

And here’s one of the stalk (soon-to-be trunk) on the Blockhead.

29 Likes