OTUG's Outdoor Odyssey!

Damn man, you growing a tree? or marijuana? :rofl: :rofl:

2 Likes

:laughing: the kids are already hiding behind them, soon they’ll be climbing them and building a tree house! :joy:

9 Likes

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :sunglasses: :+1:

1 Like

I saw a pic a long time ago of a marijuana plant over around Amsterdam I think it was… that damn thing was literally a ‘tree’! over 20’ high and looked to be about 12" across, at least. They had it propped up with timbers!

6 Likes

Damn it @Oldtimerunderground , where’s some pics? lol Ya got me curious as to how them girls are looking lately!!

edit… it’s been over a week! That young tree has to be 6" across at base of trunk by now!

3 Likes

@JohnnyPotseed thank you for asking :slightly_smiling_face:

I brought the Hellfire OG inside the garage to keep it safe from the storm that rolled through. It is now 3 feet tall.

It’s nice and cozy inside, while the rest are getting pummeled by rain and wind. Split the stalk on the Blockhead

So I mended it, getting absolutely drenched in the process.

And here’s a broken branch on one of the Purple Kushes

And the stalk split on the Afghani in the tote

Lol, need to get supports up ASAP! Everyone grab the nets and hold on!! We’re gonna have some sea monsters of mythological proportions on this legendary Odyssey!!

Here is one of the biggest plants, the Purple Kush

And here is the stalk holding up this massive Purple beast

It’s already 5’ tall and 6’wide, actually both Purple Kushes are pretty much the same size and height. As you can see on the tag I wrote Twin 1. Both of those big bushy girls are twins from the same seed, and both female!

Hope you enjoyed the update, here’s a few more pics.

Hope everyone has a great weekend!! :smiley:

26 Likes

Them are gorgeous cuz! Too bad that storm did you wrong, but looks like you got things back under control! lol Really want to see what they do…
Grow On!

3 Likes

Beautiful plants. That wire you used for repairs looks like a better solution than the duct tape I’ve used in the past.
I watched to much Red Green I guess. lol

6 Likes

I have use bubblegum over cracks before it keeps the water out. I would make sure I chewed all the sugar out first. Still nice save. I would have been ripping my shirt off. Good stuff again.

1 Like

Man I can’t stand bats. Don’t want to hurt them. But can’t not stand the sound or smell of bats. Let’s say I have see them in large numbers a few times. Not in caves. In building and homes.

2 Likes

My Chocolate Thai split the same way! Unfortunately it was 100% my fault and avoidable. That bad mofo just shrugged it off, didn’t even bother to heal itself and just kept focusing on new growth. I rigged mine with that padded wire the same way too. Great minds think alike!

Looking good though!

4 Likes

Seen a picture or two in High Times years ago. Looked like trees. I’m with you on the pictures. I beat his girls are huge.

2 Likes

Looking good man. I just caught up and am pulling up a chair now. Those are going to be some fat girls. @Oldtimerunderground

1 Like

Thank you kindly @Barkeater! :pray:

I was hoping you would stop by :grinning:

As you can see, I’ve been hard at work in the garden this year. By far the biggest backyard grow I’ve ever done, bar none.

The are getting fat now indeed. The growth is beginning to accelerate exponentially. It won’t be long before we see just how enormous and gigantic they will truly become!

4 Likes

really glad i tuned into this. those plants look amazing and are going to be some big girls! cant wait till its close to harvest time and we get to see the fruit of your labor !

1 Like

Well, it looks like you may have your biggest crop as well as biggest backyard grow! Them girls do look happy cuz … Usually when I happen to have a break on a plant I’ll use Sisal string until it heals, then take it off, but have used wire, duct tape or electric tape, you name it, lol anything at hand to hold it together.

2 Likes

Thank you @JohnnyPotseed!! They are really happy and doing great. My wife keeps asking how big they are going to get lol. I keep telling her “just a little bit bigger, just a little bit” :laughing: as she rolls her eyes at me.

It’s funny I zip tied a small busted branch on one of them, and can’t remember which one! Lol, I looked but couldn’t find it, I think maybe it got overgrown and swallowed up :joy:

6 Likes

if it’s tight enough, growing over it can and does happen sometimes. Been there lol look for a big ‘knot’ in the stem where you think it mighta been

2 Likes

Thanks cuz, I’ll try but it’s so hard cause they’re huge now lol. Can barely reach into the middle of them.

About to get a couple hours sleep, if I can. Hope you have a great morning!! :grinning:

3 Likes

Quick little photo update for the weekend. Don’t really feel like saying much, hope the pics make up for my laziness :laughing:

@JohnnyPotseed I found the zip tie, lol

Have a great weekend everyone!! :grinning:

I think it was the dog who broke that one lower branch on the Afghani lmao, damn dog.

31 Likes