OTUG's Outdoor Odyssey!

Beautiful plants @Oldtimerunderground

2 Likes

I want a plant the size of a healthy dogwood!

4 Likes

Cut that zip tie off, it is limiting the amount of water and nutrient delivery to the branch. In my profession it is called girdling and I have seen it kill plants/trees.
Nutrient delivery is in the cambium layer of a plant and is the first layer underneath the bark/skin of the plant. Eventually you will see damage once delivery starts radically decreasing.

8 Likes

Cutting that zip tie is going to be a challenge, maybe it’s easier to cut the branch and graft it back? :thinking:

1 Like

He should be able to use wire cutters at the locking mechanism part of that zip tie.

6 Likes

In the old days we called wire cutters dykes but I don’t think that works these days……

8 Likes

That’s the best way, at the zip lock . if that doesn’t do it then a vertical cut starting just above and going down through it. The plant will survive and thank you for getting rid of that.

2 Likes

Appreciate the concern guys, I removed it after I found it last night. Would’ve removed it sooner, if I didn’t forget where it was lol. Good thing I went to take this pic just now. Was looking for those red scissors in the background earlier today too :laughing: luckily the dog didn’t chew em up last night.

19 Likes

Yep, lol I know that feeling cuz…we have a pup that I swear is part billy goat…she eats/chews everything!

edit… lol you remember the pic of Rose’s lighter? All dinged up from the puppy teeth

1 Like

Nice healthy looking plants nice work .

4 Likes

Thats what I still call em. But I’d say the real name is diagonal cutters. :wink:

3 Likes

Looking good. What kind of tomatoes ya got going there?

1 Like

Thanks @Barkeater, those are some good ol’ Scotia Tomatoes :tomato:

2 Likes

Thanks @Floyd :slightly_smiling_face: I really enjoy growing outdoor. It’s the only way I can grow enough lol. There’s just something so beautiful and majestic about a healthy cannabis plant growing outside under the sun that I really love :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

8 Likes

Wow totally missed your journal somehow. Well I’m hear now brother. Squeezing in over here.

4 Likes

Wow those some thick stems…what’d Skynrd say? “Fat bottom girls they make the rockin’ world go 'round” First I’ve seen of a Blockhead too. Have to find a stump or somethin’ over here. Just here to watch nm me. :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Looking real good brother.

2 Likes

Just wow man, great grow and some stunning, happy plants! Just caught up on this whole thread, you’re stuck with me lying on this dirt patch in your garden. :grin::+1:

3 Likes

Ok now, don’t be shoving an old man to the side! :crazy_face: OTUG has plenty of room here in this garden! :grin: :sunglasses: :+1: Hey! watch my toes there!

They just here to try n steal them tomatoes! :joy:

3 Likes

Those sure are some real nice and happy looking plants!

1 Like