OTUG's Outdoor Odyssey!

That’s Queen. Supposedly Skynyrd provided Queen with their name though. They were called Smile at the time and played a show with Skynyrd. Van Zant kept calling Freddy Mercury a queen and saying things of the sort and Freddy embraced it and changed the name. I can’t confirm it but it’s what I heard years ago from a dude who knew his rock stuff.

4 Likes

My bad…was thinking of down South Jukin. It was Billy Joe that told me “don’t be late. These fat mamas just won’t wait”.

3 Likes

All good!! You didn’t miss much, the hardest part of the Odyssey is underway. You made it at the right time, I’ll need your help casting the nets upon these savage beasts! They’ve begun to grow beyond measure!

I actually had a dream last night, it’s been ages since I could recall a dream upon waking. In the dream I was actually witnessing the plants grow before my very eyes, they moved as if they were dancing. Growing taller and wider as they danced!

Really glad to have you :grin: I hope you enjoy the journey, it is sure to be spectacular in the coming months.

7 Likes

Went to check my out door plants last night and I found…

I’ve never seen one in person, and it was on my land!

3 Likes

what is it?

2 Likes

I scared the beetle off accidentally. Dunno how it was rolling that turd ball through that grass. :wink:

Hint hint.

2 Likes

Was it a German backpacker? :thinking:

2 Likes

Lol

Hey! I’m German, and I like to backpack. :rofl:

Guess I’m only German in heritage tho.

Do those guys leave turn balls around?

3 Likes

My mum’s from German heritage too.

They do tend to cart a lot of shit around the globe haha

2 Likes

Gotcha. And I agree. That’s why I accumulate so much … Trash? Its perfectly good stuff, just no immediate use for it. But better than going to the landfill.

2 Likes

Yes the Blockhead is one of my favourite strains!

It is my first time growing it this year, though I’ve been lucky enough to smoke it, along with many other legendary strains, in years past. Really looking forward to seeing how it performs outdoors.

I must admit, it’s presence in the garden demands recognition and it is a beautiful specimen.

23 Likes

A beautiful day here on the Odyssey, time for a quick little update.

A bean flower

I left some tobacco to seed, it’s beginning to flower now

And a cool bug chillen on a tobacco

Hope everyone enjoys the photos and has a great week!!:grin:

28 Likes

Looking good in da neighborhood!

2 Likes

Thank you @JohnnyPotseed, wish you could be here. These pics don’t give the plants enough justice, they’re huge! Lol

4 Likes

The last pic is a four lined plant bug. They showed up in swarms here this year and did a lot of damage.

2 Likes

I thought it looked familiar! Lol. Good thing I’ve only seen the one. If I see any more I’ll definitely give em a good squashing :laughing: payback for what they did to your plants haha

I know I’ve killed at least a couple dozen Japanese beetles this year already. No bug is safe from the mighty sandals of OTUG!!

7 Likes

Damn those japanese beetles. They’re pretty, but when they show up, they come in droves, and only leave a skeleton.

Here’s my sacrificial elm.

6 Likes

They are really voracious eaters, especially when they start swarming like locusts lol. One of the first one’s of the season was actually spotted by my daughter. Heard her saying how pretty this bug was that she found, until I went over for a look and proceeded to throw it on the ground and give it a good stomping :laughing:

4 Likes

Straight :fire:

2 Likes

I hear chickens love them, but you gotta freeze em or debilitate them somehow first. Also, I’ve got no chickens in my coop.

I have seen some assassin bugs eating them too, but there’s way more beetles than they can handle.

A few years ago we were hired to spray some apple trees that were covered with them. They gave us some organic spray, and when we applied it, we just watched them fly off, and right back on to the tree. It was hilarious, but so disheartening. Hate those MFers.

2 Likes