OTUG's Outdoor Odyssey!

I wondered what kind of eggs were in this tree the other day, they were solid white, looked like mini chicken eggs lol

9 Likes

Cute dove there. :wink:

Found these guys in my front yard. Guess I was lucky because they only hang out in the nest for < 6 hours after they hatch.

11 Likes

Awwwwww, so cute and fluffy! :heart_eyes:

2 Likes

Yeah. Killdeer are fun. Love their broken wing tactic.

2 Likes

Anything to protect the nest!! I bet it’s one hell of a distraction lol. Predators be like “Hey, a free meal! Dibs!” And the bird be like “Gotcha bitch!” HAHA

3 Likes

Oh yeah forgot to say, last night my dog killed a small animal next to one of the Purple Kush bushes. Thought it was a huge rat, took a closer look and I was wrong. It was a baby Possum!

4 Likes

Awww. Possums are the best. I love them because they eat ticks like crazy. The more they eat the less I find on me. Lol

4 Likes

I didn’t know that. Maybe that is why I found a tick on my dog. It was the first I ever saw. I haven’t seen many Possum lately. I was thinking it was do to the take over of Coyotes here.
:green_heart: :seedling:

2 Likes

I have a couple possums I see occasionally,one lived under our porch, but we’ve got tons of coyotes here too. I find coyote scat and small animal carcasses around our property often. Usually a muskrat though.

3 Likes

I took these this morning, was a great day. Now looks like a storm is a brewin…

22 Likes

Damn coyotes are smart critters too lol they try to entice my dogs into chasing them so they can trap/eat. A single one comes close to get them to chase while the rest are a bit away, waiting… I know there’s a decent sized pack in the area, because you can hear the different ones.

edit… Such is the country life… beats the hell outta city living though! :grin: :sunglasses:

7 Likes

That’s some good looking tobacco flowers!

2 Likes

Storms a brewing for sure and my friend is down here waiting for it to head your way :joy:

7 Likes

They are definitely smart creatures. I think most folks underestimate them. Sometimes I hear them yelling from multiple directions at once. They get so close to my house too. Ive found their scat right in my backyard garden.

I love hearing them though. And yeah. I’ve never felt more at peace than out here in the country. :green_heart:

1 Like

Awww, my dog loves going out in bad weather lol, he paws at the door begging to go out.

4 Likes

Only one of ours likes to play in the rain lol the other two won’t leave the porch unless it’s a damn ‘major emergency’ lol

2 Likes

Thanks @Rhino_buddy, now I won’t have to buy more next year and they really are beautiful to see in person.

3 Likes

Lol, sounds like my kids!

One practically lives outside :laughing:

1 Like

Did you find those nicotina seeds in Some American spirit cigs? :grin:

1 Like

Lol, I ordered some seeds online. I do believe they came from a reserve though.

1 Like