Outdoor Ohio Organic grow

And finally the last Black Jack auto. This lady was the tallest of the bunch but I pulled it a bit early. Something started eating my plant so…

3 Likes

Now we wait for the other seven ladies. I hope to have some updated pictures soon.

3 Likes

Looking forward to your smoke reports. :+1:

Cheers
G

Update on the ladies. First is the lovely Triangle Kush #1. She seems to have kicked the leaf septoria but it does make for some ugly leaves. She is growing nicely.

4 Likes

Here is Triangle #2
This one is exhibiting darker green than the other and the fan leaves are smaller and neater.

2 Likes

Here is Rosenthal aka Rose to me. She stinks (in a good way) quite a bit. Definitely getting skunky undertones and she is almost as pungent as my Super Skunk which is further along. Also, the stems are amazingly flexible. You could almost tie them in a knot.

3 Likes

Whereabouts are ya in ohio? I’m in Ohio, not looking for your address but just a general area.

Super Skunk is starting to stack nicely.

3 Likes

And of course we have the Gorilla Zkittles. I must say that these are very hardy and symmetrical plants. If I were running a commercial operation I may consider these as i am expecting a decent hall. They have sturdy frames.

Funny thing is I randomly numbered them 1, 2, and 3 and it seems that they will perform in that order. Here is the first one.

2 Likes

2 Likes

And last but certainly not least, Gorilla Zkittles #3

1 Like

And a side by side with #1 being the one on the left.

4 Likes

I am in the northeast area @Orbitalnutria420 .

3 Likes

Me too, east of Cleveland. Looking good man.

2 Likes

Welcome to OverGrow! You have a beautiful garden, Enrico. What do you use to combat pests, if you don’t mind me asking?

Right now all I am using is Captain Jack’s insecticidal soap. I have only sprayed them once so far. I am making some LABS now for general preventive measures with disease but I have not thought hard about bugs as they have not been a problem thus far. The plants seem to be pretty resistant.

The Skunk seems to be the most visited. Here are some pics of the worst damage. Anyone have any idea what is going on with this one leaf?

5 Likes

I’m in NE OH as well and have seen 3 pests this year. That looks like the damage that one of my plants had from a Four Lined Plant Bug. From what I’ve read the adults feed until early July.

Four Lined Plant Bug

and

Minor pests

Candy Striped Leaf Hopper

Clouded Plant Bug

6 Likes

@syzygy They’re such nice looking bigs. To bad they need to die. What did you use to treat them with? Damage looks identical to mine.

1 Like

I physically removed the one four-lined plant bug that I found, pruned the plant back, and applied Botanigard (Beauveria bassiana). I think physical removal alone is probably sufficient, especially this time of year.

Beauveria bassiana is a contact mycoinsecticide (an insecticide which contains fungi) that is registered for use in the United States on a wide range of pest insects and can be used on many agricultural and horticultural crops. The effectiveness of B. bassiana is variable depending on application environment and conditions. Beauveria bassiana is a naturally occurring organism in the soil throughout the world. Learn more

3 Likes