Panama Red strain ----which would you grow

didnt know the story about Greenthumbs and reeferman.
interesting.
Well, as a SE Asian only hunter im thinking, hell people, those Middleamericans offers are not all joke offers. GROW EM! Snowhighs pure panama is definitly nothing to think twice, it can probably get a bit better, probably not. Its a pretty pretty good cultivar, said a critical old Stoner. No brainer , buy em, greenthum looks good too…
I would speculate Snowhighs Double panama is a bit less my Taste, its easyer to get. But sometimes you might get the special offer from Snowhigh.

Ive seen quiet a few other Panamas around lately popping up on Instagram, probably you can find an other Line by Hashtag: Panamared?

But stay away from modern panamas, thats my advice, anything old has potential.
Probably those wich i saw were all the same… Exotic Alchemy on instagram had one…

1 Like

Punto Rojo Cannabiogen, is shure a good one too. (if its the same as a Panama)

2 Likes

Yea !! Snow High had a panama strain bit when it’s been out of stock for years - can’t beat SnowHiigh genetics Giw right Need to take a good look at “modern” strains an check out their genetic’s “seedfinders.eu” as genetic information on over 27,000 different strains - I always chick the seedfinders genetic map-ing - a great tool !!!

1 Like

could go another month !!! but that would be the limit

1 Like

Thing looks ready to chop already,I just don’t chop anything before 8 weeks, don’t see a point in another month, but I also double dip my harvests chopping the top stuff, giving another finishing tea and leave it for another 2 weeks for the lowers

1 Like

6 Likes

One old saying is “If think it’s ready to harvest give it another 1-2 weeks” other than using a loupe have use that method myself ====---- it works !!! BUT looking at the plant closer one could harvest now but 1 more week will change it to a more “rich” taste because of the “riper” terpen’s _ Happy Harvest !!!

2 Likes

snowhigh often comes around with yet another seedpack of a strain he described earlyer as “the last chance” or “the last packs”.

Same happend with Vietblack that he relased last year again. misteriously,

You have to talk to him, probably leave a tonn of money and have good intentions. I think its worth trying that tactic to get his panama. He has now a very good Mexican offer someone said. And many Columbians.

And greengenes, and Cannabiogen, you always find someone complaining, but man i have bought alot from “suspicious sellers” far worse than a couple complaints, and found myselve totally happy.
So, if you find older Panama lines longer flowering, buy them in a general. There comes a day and theyre out of stock, those are all good, overall said.

3 Likes

Vetblack is the strain that willy Nelson smoked- heard that he quit because of lung issues – it’s a old Ace or Holy Smoke strain still listed (out of stock-- seems like 10yrs ago)

i hear, you do reasearch fast, i did too, for years .

good basis , i searched trough defunct Websites for old stock. in the end i had to go over to write people , its work, but you may find a reward. But offers are already there. The only landraces that are easy findable are middleamericans. Do some reading if you find exited reports on them, but i tell you already theyre pretty good…

2 Likes

Hurts resin production with less than 10 hrs daylight too( indoor). I’m sure the short days will help it finish quicker, I have no doubt.

1 Like

The Vietnam Black is quite legendary. Lots of bad info about it out there. Vietnam Black was made in the late 60’s I think, by a vietnam vet by using a Se Asian landrace from the Vietnam area and an Afghani. Willie Nelson smoked a hybrid of VB and Highland Nepal loaded with thcv called Black Willie. This was his favorite smoke.
Ace seeds has a hybrid with it and Yunnan called Orient Express, and released a hybrid of VB and Thai a while back. Some companies might have old stock.
Holy Smoke was African stuff mainly if I recall correctly. High Times article about them. Looked good! Remember Black Honey Haze?

8 Likes

Dude, your knowledge always blows my mind. If one has say three viet black s1’s, WWUD? What would Upstate do? Reverse and make more s1’s? Run the three and hopefully find one worth cloning? Just cross them with something else?

4 Likes

Got any good reads on it? All the info I can find suggests the opposite… Everywhere I’ve been researching only suggests yield. Like to see some studies that actually prove one way or the other

3 Likes

NO Black Honey Haze really sounds interesting – Ran ace’s Orential Express and china Yunam (sorry about spelling) any way great, great yields (some ofthe biggest yields ever had)

1 Like

Here are some US Seed Banks that have Ace gear:
North Atlantic Seed Co : https://northatlanticseed.com/product-category/seeds/ace-seeds/

Well Grown Seeds: Ace Seeds

The Seed Cellar: https://www.seedcellar.com/brands/ace-seeds/

MultiVerseBeans: https://www.multiversebeans.com/ace-seeds1

2 Likes

Snowhigh and the 1974 red cross version seems to be the most authentic, I would not waste my time with ACE versions again…had a very indica pheno that looked like afghani genetics

7 Likes

Colorado Sativas has ACE gear too. Apparently they’ve been giving away ACE’s Panama as a freebie a lot lately, I just got some myself.

6 Likes

bummer to hear that. ACE has gotten some flak over crossing indica’s like PCK into their sativa lines without saying, to boost bud and trich production. I know I’ve heard this with their older malawi lines, I don’t know how much it holds true for others or more modern accessions

5 Likes

ACE seems transparent, and def. caters to indoor growers(smart to know your market) but has trouble with integrity (see:cannabiogen drama) and true transparency (IE Bangi Haze is for sure polyhybrid even though they list it as congo x nepalese)

5 Likes