Paonia Purple Paralyzer seed run "CLOSED"

Perfect, lining the cages :slight_smile: Darn males. Thanks.

4 Likes

That’s good for getting small amounts from a branch. But those boys are going to make a mess in comparison. Like lefty suggested, get a large mixing bowl and vibrating toothbrush. Hold the bowl under the part of the plant you buzz and collect away. You’ll have a pile in no time. It takes relatively little to pollinate the whole plant.

Your trick will be keeping the pollen viable while waiting for the girls. Keep away from moisture and heat. A bunch of desiccants in a sealed plastic shoebox can really bring the moisture out. You want very low humidity.

8 Likes

Ok no worries. Got the sonic care tooth brush, aluminum mixing bowl and rechargeable desiccant that will cover those things, been reading the Lefty’s thread. All set for that. I will start working on this when I start seeing pollen dropping on the leaves. Thanks bud.

9 Likes

Lots of good info in this thread. As well as great looking plants.
We’re not worthy! We’re not worthy!

6 Likes

High praise coming from you brother. I just went into this hoping to not let everyone down and with the help of all of you this will be awesome. So many really great growers here I feel like these are my first plants. That said I am up to any challenge. May not always win but won’t ever back down.

13 Likes

I like that buddy, and that’s a similarity we share.

I think that’s why so many got your back. :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

3 Likes

It’s not always bout the destination ; sometimes its the journey that matters the most. I guess what I’m trying 2 say is whether u succeed r fail its still a win. The fact that we get 2 participate in this learning experiment with u. But I truly think u got this. Damn I’m soo stoned .lmao I think it took me a long while 2 type this

7 Likes

ROFL, I am there with you. :100: :100: :100:

2 Likes

Thanks brother, I appreciate it. Good times here on OG.

6 Likes

Learning so much! :raised_hands:

4 Likes

Gorgeous plants, those broad leaves look awesome. Fingers crossed the pollen takes!

3 Likes

Thanks bud, shouldn’t be an issue. I will start collecting and as soon as the girls throw some more pistils I will put them back in the tent. Its going to be great ( he says quietly with fingers crossed), lol.

7 Likes

So here we are on another day and the ladies are maturing while the males are starting to drop pollen. My sonic care toothbrush won’t be here for a couple days. So my question to you all is should I clip some of these branches and put the in water leaning over a mirror to help aid in collection? Should I remove the mature downward facing pollen sacks and let dry than put in pollen shaker to collect pollen? Or do I just tap the branches over a bowl for now and wait for sonic care to show up? Here are some pics.

27 Likes

Just taking @schmarmpit and @lefthandseeds for some expert advice.

7 Likes

It looks to me like you still have several days before the bulk of the pollen starts to fall. I’d hazard a guess they’ll peak in about 1.5 weeks and finish dropping shortly after that. If it were me, I’d just let them run and try not to knock them about for a few days. If that’s a humidifier in there, turn it off. Don’t blow any fans on them directly either.

19 Likes

Ok will do. Yes that is a humidifier but it has been off for weeks. I moved the fans up a while ago so the air is circulating but not blowing on them directly. I will just leave them be than. Just saw a few had opened up and dumped on the fan leaves so was not sure if I need to act or not. Thanks a bunch for the info. Funny I think of you all day dude, sounds creepy huh. It’s just because all over the hospitals I work in they stuck these up. It appears your right hand works in healthcare :slight_smile:

18 Likes

Usually you get a few early ones that drop a bit, but not a lot happens until a few days to a week after that. I can’t remember exactly how mine went, but generally the sacs that open early don’t account for much of the total pollen drop.

16 Likes

Yeah it looks like a lot at first, and you may be worried you’re missing out on collecting. But those dudes are about to unleash a storm on you. If just one open sac makes that much, imagine the whole cola’s worth unleashing.

ezgif-1-37ce0fd017d7

25 Likes

Thanks bud, really appreciate the input. Just want to make sure I am on top of it when I need to be :slight_smile:

7 Likes

ROFL, thanks man. The fact is I really don’t know what to expect so when I saw a few fans covered in it I had to ask. Thanks again for the suggestion of separating those females. They are doing well and maturing. I would have just let them go like they were in a field not knowing any better but it makes perfect sense.

12 Likes