Parttime's perpetual party time

I just smoked a joint of some bud that wasn’t really even cured and still tasted like licorice the whole time. I don’t go crazy about my birthday, but I try to make it a point to smoke a doob.

I’m really looking forward to once this has a longer cure. I set aside part of the harvest in a drawer so I can find it again down the road once it’s mellowed, so I can sniff the jar real hard. It’s the greatest gift from past me when I find a small jar somewhere.

But related to nitrogen fixing plants: I’m hoping i can get these peanuts to do more than sprout tails. It’s really kind of an experiment overall, but also peanut flowers are pretty. Trying to grow stuff from the grocery store is a silly adventure.

3 Likes

Yes, there’s definitely benefit even if it doesn’t get chopped!

May you last for centuries upon this planet, in perfect health and continuous joy!

3 Likes

Trust level 2, babyyyyyy.

8 Likes

This afternoon I ordered some crimson clover seeds, and some sort of tasty looking dandelion.

Tonight I took these pictures of a plant and then harvested that plant. It could have gone longer but I felt that it was done enough. Even the plant that I harvested a week ago isn’t all that racy, despite the fact that I knowingly plucked her a little underripe, so this doesn’t appear to be one of those plants that sends me straight to hell if it doesn’t have enough amber trichomes. In the next day or so I’ll be filling the vacancy with big ol bushes, and they’re actually just both of the tiger king plants again. I’m stocking the back of the tent with stuff I’ve grown already and know what to look out for. That way, i can put all the new ladies in the front of the bed to make sure they don’t herm, but also make sure they get a nice layer of cat hair on them.

I took some bud shots of this Tang smelling plant I have. Smells great, looks wild, and it’s pretty resinous. I look forward to getting to know her better.

17 Likes

I stopped by to Say I love what you are doing here.
:heart_eyes:

4 Likes

ALRIGHT. So this was December 11…

And this was yesterday afternoon. I had another clone of the same plant that was growing alongside it and has just been in veg the whole time, and was a full-sized plant that would have gotten ridiculously large, and I wasn’t gonna have room for it, so I KILLT it. Noticed some GOOFY shit going on in the stem and made a thread about it here and I’ll just be keeping an eye on things. Interested in checking out the root ball on this plant once I cut it down.

I had a full-sized plant version of the Tiger King 1 in the veg tent, and I transplanted it into the flower tent after I put her in the torture rack to flatten out the canopy, and ohhhhh boy is it gonna end up being huge. That plant had like a good 2x stretch on it, so I’m really just hoping it stays manageable. I really really like this plant and find it interesting, so I’m gonna sprout more seeds of it. I would be overjoyed to find a male version of this licorice plant I have.

I’m trying out @JohnnyPotseed 's germination technique where I laid out some worm casting heavy soil on a frisbee and put it in a gallon bag. I started them last night and one of them already has a tail coming out, which is pretty cool. I absolutely suck at starting seeds so if it’s as easy as put them on some wet worm castings then dammit man I’m sold. All the wet on the bag is from a spray bottle, I’m not cooking them to death or anything. :wink:

These sweet babies were getting a top tier snuggle on earlier. They just turned 2 yesterday :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

11 Likes

Looks like this lucky gal is ready to receive the royal treatment.

7 Likes

Whenever it suddenly smells extra sweet.
That’s how I decide.
Let her show it.
Let her crave.
Let her open.
Just a little
more.

2 Likes

Nice to meet you man @parttime

1 Like

I told her she was coming down almost a week ago, so now this plant is standing there yelling “WHAT ARE YOU WAITING FOR?” at the sky like Jennifer Love Hewitt in I Know What You Did Last Summer

I love the red tips that the sugar leaves have. This is just a hell of an attractive strain, I’m glad I’ve decided to sprout the rest of the seeds I had. Taking forever compared to what I normally grow though. This plant is almost 11 weeks into flower and it can come down, but all I’ll be doing for the time being is starting vegetables in the space it’d leave. Might as well go til I get a bunch of amber because I’m not certain I’ll be growing this one again, unless this really blows me away when I smoke it. Stem rub smells like an orange peel, or a tangerine, or something.

I feel like after a long cure, this stuff is gonna be absolutely ridiculous with the citrus smells. I’m getting really into making sure I set aside a portion of my harvest to be untouched for a stretch.

I do look forward to growing a bit more stoney of a plant though. I’ve been really psyched on sprouting shit lately, but I think everything I’m sprouting currently is gonna make me grind my dang teeth. We’ll see what ends up surviving. I’m ordinarily a seedling serial killer, unfortunately. Overwatering. Classic! The first step to solving this issue is recognizing it. Or… I’ll keep drowning them. :slightly_smiling_face: Only one way to find out. I could always end up with a whole bunch of cool plants to grow, oh noooooo.

8 Likes

Works of art!!!

Throw them seeds in there without a care in the world.

You’ll feel like a million bucks.

Only the ones worth growing shall rise!

1 Like

Haha no way jose, that’s way too loosey-goosey for me. I’d like to do something like that eventually, but I can’t handle not knowing what plants are, it would drive me bananas!

I did start thinking of it more as “well screw it, if these don’t sprout/survive then I’m just ahead of schedule” and that’s helped a lot. It’ll probably help me ignore them and not drown them if I try to care less!

3 Likes

Got some new life in the garden. I’ve started a whole bunch of seeds in the past few days, I need to go on a cooldown period for about a month because it was a bit excessive. Didn’t have good germination rates with a couple of things, which is a definite bummer but life goes on! Hopefully the survivors are healthy and willing to do what needs to be done. I figure once I have some teen plants that I’m confident won’t just die when I water them, I’ll post ‘em and ID them. Right now I just have an assload of seeds in a frisbee and a bunch of little sprouts in my veg tent. I just realized the other day that I haven’t sprouted seeds in a long time, and there’s no excuse for that. I wasn’t growing some sort of otherworldly weed. It was just like, some decent weed but there’s no excuse to not be trying to find something more fitting to my tastes when I have seeds waiting to be grown.

Spirit Rider and Tiger King

Spirit Rider

Seeeeeeeeds

Grabbed one of these trays and threw some veggie (and catnip) seeds in it and am getting ‘em started. The wicking seems a little aggressive and things are really wet, but maybe that’s good? Everything is coming up for the most part so that’s cool.

6 Likes

The claaaaaaaaaawwwwwww. This plant’s sister did the same thing in flower, but the Spirit Rider plants I’ve been growing haven’t done that. Gonna just assume that this strain just does that, and I’ll move on with my life.

Saturday would be 12 weeks of flowering, and it’s just really funny to grow something that goes that long without having planned it, and it wasn’t even a problem. Good to know because I do want to grow a couple of things that take a while. It’s also really funny that I even want to grow things that flower for a long time because I’m kinda scared of most of them, but I’d like to try them, so I’ve gotta grow 'em to know 'em.

I figure there has to be some real speedy strains out there that can be fun, and don’t just make my nervous tics go nuts. I started smoking pot because it made my tics go away, so it’s just really counterintuitive to grow and smoke something that I don’t really dig the way it makes me feel.

I went to a growers event in MA a couple of years back and got to smoke some Poison Mimosa, and that was just such a good high. It was completely functional and clear-headed but still relaxing. It made me want to grow a Durban Poison, to see what it’s like. That may get done in a round or two, we’ll see when I make it happen.

7 Likes

Spirit Rider is cruising along still!

I believe there’s a nonzero chance that I accidentally cooked my seeds when I was trying to sprout them. I had given up on most of them, but I had just put some Spirit Rider seeds in and that’s a bummer

8 Likes

8 Likes

Yeah, I need to give that album another spin, it’s been a good while.

1 Like

It’s been years for me! I’ll have to put it on loop and then be this guy to everyone.

6 Likes

Dammit I don’t have a lick of self control and I’m starting another pack of seeds

11 Likes

I see a sq ft of space there, cram them in :+1:

5 Likes