Pat Healy Grows & Nonsense

Quick tincture method which can be made into RSO.
First freeze fresh cannabis and everclear in freezer
Use 2 mason jars freeze for 24 hours

In one mason jar combine weed and alcohol shake like hell for 3 minutes
Strain liquid and separate
Then place back in the freezer
Repeat the above
The reason to separate the alcohol and weed is to lessen the amount of chlorophyll
In the mixture

Next strain and leave tincture in freezer 2 days for the sediment to settle at the bottom of the mason jar strain using coffee filter

Now you have tincture

At this point I take a pot of boiling water place mason jar in water ( water level keep at just below the the tincture ) here I reduce it by half for a strong tincture or all the way for oil

Let boil keep an eye on it so water doesn’t evaporate

Also USE AN ELECTRIC STOVE NOT FLAME YOU WILL BLOW THE HOUSE UP LOL
PLENTY OF VENTILATION ALSO

paps

7 Likes

@papalag must be typing up something long. I’m excited to see what it is. Haha

2 Likes

Thanks for sharing!!! This is what I need to do as well and eventually be my only way of using, but for now I still like to vape/dab/smoke some. I might do some of this and give it to my mom. Would this be anything like Green Dragon or whatever the names are? Tinctures you just drop under the tongue and they’re usually a little gnarly tasting for a little bit, no? RSO you just eat, right?

2 Likes

Yes but made clear more amber

1 Like

I I don’t press fresh weed just let it dry and then you could press it right out and make wax

1 Like

I press for wax and put it in my vaporizer

2 Likes

Too much water content pressing fresh or fresh frozen, huh? So, no need for me to waste money on a press if I can’t dry the flower properly? Nice to save some money at least. Haha

Not sure if they ship to your location but I’ve used this before with success. Much love

6 Likes

Probably cheaper than driving up there and buying bottles of Everclear 190 honestly. Thanks for sharing!! I think @Slammedsonoma420 shared this with me before.

Edit: They say they ship here, but I didn’t actually try to put an order through yet.

4 Likes

Just found this thread. Getting caught up now… this is real party place. Fun fun fun

5 Likes

Definitely 200 proof food grade ethanol for the win.
Extractohol is the best and cleanest I’ve used so far.
I just press flower and sift now though… on occasion.

8 Likes

Is there a difference between the two listed in here? This one is more expensive than the other.

2 Likes

I really don’t think so. And I like the fact the other one says Kosher right on the label. I’m not even Jewish… just a real big fan of the pickles. :wink:

3 Likes

Hahaha They also charge the same amount for a gallon on their site as they do to break it down into four quarts, so you don’t have to pay the HazMat fee. Seems pretty cool of them.

How much of this stuff will I need?

2 Likes

How much ya washing!? Could add up quickly and have you rethinking ice! :crazy_face:

You want to cover the bud you’re using if that’s any indication. :+1:t3:

Did I mention I now own a press? :joy:

3 Likes

That’s awesome you have a press. I really want one, but not if I can’t dry my flower properly. Haha. I’ll have a decent amount of flower from a 4’x8’. I’ll get the four quarts and see how much I use doing that. I assume the return is much better with the ethanol extract compared to bubble in hot and humid conditions with plastic buckets and whatnot, no? @NDNCHILD @zephyr

I’d love to have a cold area or just time of the year to do bubble with fresh frozen flower and then press it, but it’s just too much cost and whatnot for me these days.

4 Likes

I’m not sure on the return. I’m gonna venture to say less? My next opinion probably belongs on the unpopular opinions thread but here goes… 60/60 drying is BS bordering on a scam… especially if you’re gonna press using heat anyway. I love rosin! :joy:

2 Likes

Brother your thinking way too far ahead
I’ve dried plants in all weather

Hi temps weed dries faster so check it daily
When stems break not bend take buds and place in mason jars burp 2x a day
If in the jar a day and feels too wet let the jar open a day the resume the burping of the jars

The cold is when I have issues too cold weed don’t dry

I have a small washer for ice hash it’s 95 degrees here I’ll make hash in a day or so once the weed freezes no issues the cold water and ice dose all the work

Hell just take a 5 gallon bucket an electric drill on slow attach a mixing paddle of some sort and a paint screen ice and weed you got hash

3 Likes

The hardest part is growing good bud

6 Likes

Thanks for saying all that. :+1:t3:
Methods can be adjusted as needed. Here I jar… now container early. Stem snapping at all is too dry for me. Also another unpopular thingy… boveda or boost packs are great. If you don’t wanna use them for long term curing that’s cool but in the final drying department they rock. Especially if your trying to get it right in a humid or other weird environment.

5 Likes