Pat Healy Grows & Nonsense

Pretty sure Holy let’s his stuff chill for a while in a room that’s roughly 50-60%. I’ve been lucky enough in the past to have a room pretty dialed in and hung stuff for probably max 2 months and it stayed really, really good the whole time. I just moved it because I had more to hang.

Lol ndnchild didn’t see your post before

1 Like

Y’all are hilarious :joy: and so dam lucky you can get the ethanol extract food grade. The Everclear up here in Canada is 75% and leaves to much water behind.
I’m loving the quick smoke after a drawn out dry/cure. :ok_hand:

2 Likes

I get this, completely. I feel it’s a bit off topic though. I’m speaking theoretically. Clean sealed box like a Cannatrol , 60/60. Cannatrol says store in paper bags. Why does grove say store in 60/60? Like I said, I’m not knocking the bags. Just seems like an extra gimmick.

2 Likes

Oh see you didn’t say a sealed box! As long as it’s sealed your good but I still wouldn’t do paper due to it drawing moisture out. Maybe wax paper

1 Like

Drying and curing break down chlorophyll and sugars and convert them to THCA and eventually THCA turns into to THC. This is why drying and curing are worth the effort. It’s your last chance to milk out all the stored energy the plant still has to offer and turn it into THC. This process if done properly low and slow protects the delicate terps that could also be lost in the drying process. There is lots to learn about the conversion process during drying and curing. I think of it as trying not to disturb the process by changing the environment to much just like when it was still in the garden. Lots of options for drying curing ect. Lotus fridge Method can be very easy and you most likely have everything already. Mix that with Grove bags for curing and finally jars for long term storage. And I know you seen my DIY rig lol… love mine…

2 Likes

It’s no gimmick. These bags were meant to vent small amounts of moisture. The whole intent was not to have to burp jars. The problem being left for too long in those bags they will dry out too much. The bags breathing the moisture from the ambient air. If you keep it at 60% moisture ambient air bags will not dry out as fast.

1 Like

That’s a long subject there about suger and chlorophyll. I won’t get in to that but would like to continue that conversation with you at a later date. If you don’t mind brother.

1 Like

Always interested in learning more about that as I believe there is room for improvement for most people, including myself lol… I’m no expert, but since I started caring about that aspect, it improved my overall quality more so than most other things.

1 Like

You can do dry ice hash that way you don’t have to worry about the dry @pathealy I know there is a few people who have converted old fridges on here I believe. Also wine bottle coolers are like humidor I think can be set at 60° and 60%rh. In the summer I can get about a 3 day dry total before cure any longer and it’s over dry.
Dry/Cure Cabinet - DIY Open-Source Precision Dry Chamber this might help

6 Likes

Went ahead and flipped to 11.5/12.5. Tomorrow will be first day. Also, turned the lights up to 1200 watts total in there. I’ll see what the temps are like and back the lights down if need be.

7 Likes

What lights you use?

Two ten bar 1000w LEDs. Samsung 301b and Osram 660 or whatever diodes. Four Meanwell drivers.

4 Likes

Nice wow! So how is it = 1200w? Just curious not trying to be argumentative. Trying to learn how people figure out “potential wattage” with multiple lights. Thanks

I just turn each light up to 600w, so two 600w lights gets me 1200w total. Basically twenty 100w bars in there. All running at 60%.

7 Likes

Gotcha ok that makes perfect sense. I was expecting it to be way more complicated than that lol.🤦

3 Likes

First day of flip. Added 30 grams or so of gypsum. Res stayed pretty clear.

13 Likes

@dankisdope Let me know when you start a grow journal/log.

1 Like

Pulled a male Cough plant. Wish I could just jump ahead sixty days now. In 3-4 weeks there will at least be something to take pictures of. Hoping the plants stay small. I’m not into big plants. Looking forward to this run ending and doing a full breakdown, clean, and reorganization of the room.

8 Likes

Stoned on this Bandaid Haze #7 and just making a list of clones that interest me. I see Breeders Direct raised their clone prices too. “She’s so cool.” Ha. I can’t wait until all of these assholes charging more than $50 per cut are put out of business.

Cuts List:

-Cap Junky
-HPK
-TK
-Wedding Cake
-Animal Mints
-MB15
-Gary Payton or Cereal Milk
-LAPK
-Old Family Purple
-Permanent Marker
-Wedding Pie #6
-Zerealz
-Zoap
-RS11
-Kush Mints
-Blueberrry
-GG4
-Grape Gas
-Headband
-Ft Collins Cough

Obviously, I don’t want all of them. Just 3-4 that I love. But, I’m sure I’ll need to run through a number of them to find my 3-4. I can’t wait to have my 3-4 mothers and just be done with paying any attention to cuts, strains, weed lore, and so on. Stock my freezer and fridge up with killer hash and flower and that’s all I need.

15 Likes

heard cap junkys dope… rs11 is definitely fire… big bulky nug huge yield good flavor.

the cough is dope, its like NL Bubblegam gas terp , i got a judo chops freebie it was widowc99 x cough, thats from dynasty, but the damn branch wont root. i made some seeds in it atleast. plant it looks good. smells awesome it was strong in like week 2.

i havent tried a few of those but i think animal mints, wedding pie, both sound interesting for sure

headbands really good too nice lineup . pure kush is dope too idk the different versions tho

1 Like