Pat Healy Grows & Nonsense

No need for a air stone in Octopots
I’ve never used one in 6 years using them
Not recommended by the manufacturer

2 Likes

Quick 30-minute doughs. Went grandma/nonna style mixed with Detroit I guess. Quick made tomato sauce, seasoned ricotta dollops, black olives, and a cheese mix of mozzarella, sharp cheddar, Parmesan, and a black truffle pecorino wedge. Topped with some oregano, basil, and red pepper flakes. Now, I won’t even eat any tonight. Haha One more drink, a joint, and bedtime.

Edit: Definitely time for bed. Forgot the pictures. Haha

25 Likes

Back in my day we didnt even have a PH.

4 Likes

Now that’s a pizza
Save me a piece

2 Likes

I’m apparently still in those days

2 Likes

What are the odds Pat is up at 3am eating cold pizza?

3 Likes

@PatHealy Im getting ready to build an irrigation loop for my 5x5. Got any good lessons learned from your build?

1 Like

What are you planning on using? Already bought stuff for it?

1 Like

I have most of the hardware already. Plan is to use a 35 gallon Brute garbage can with a sump pump sitting at the bottom. PVC connection up and out of the res and into the tent. Once in the tent and in the tray a convertor from the 3/4 PVC to the 17mm rigid tubbing. The 17mm tubing will be in a loop with netafim whips with .3 gph PC drippers and drip stakes. Planning on having 2 stake per plant for redundancy. I also have an air bleed valve that will go in the PVC run at some point (prolly the highest point of the run).

2 Likes

Sounds good. I’d measure, cut, and lay out the tubing in the sun for a while to get it all straight and flat. Only other thing would be a disc filter before your air bleed valve. Also, adding these https://www.lowes.com/pd/Homewerks-Worldwide-3-4-in-x-3-4-in-x-3-4-in-dia-x-2-1-2-in-L-Union-PVC-Fitting/50160563 in a few spots is super helpful. I like being able to just unscrew one and pop the pump out of the res for a cleaning.

3 Likes

I also didn’t like the slower drippers. I use 2 gph woodpecker jr netafims. I believe that’s the name. Shorter shots. Pump is on less and all too. Saves some electricity.

4 Likes

its always size dont matter until you break up and they tell everyone your hung like a gerbil. fuck that its more like a muskrat imo

salmon river og!!

3 Likes

i go to 4 2 0 after 3 weeks of flower. myself

3 Likes

The Salmon River OG is killer, but these two are extremely Bubba and will just get eaten up by other plants canopy wise. I have a full pack from a fresh batch directly from Professor P still though in the fridge. So, I’ll save a run for some Puck and Salmon River OG. Next up I’m doing mostly A5 x Mango Haze thanks to @Slammedsonoma420 and a pack from @stanknugzz77, because I flaked on him as a tester though. So, unfortunately it’ll be a bit. Have to squeeze some @santero in there too. Haha

10 Likes

haha fair enough. to many strains not enough room or time … if only they took 1 month to grow instead of 3 or 4

2 Likes

Oh yeah now we’re talking some really good stuff

2 Likes

Nice looking Pat!
Is the jack’s blossom booster what you are using, the 10-30-20 ?

1 Like

No boosters. Just the 5-12-26, 15-0-0, and some Epsom.

8 Likes

Yard has practically no flowers. The 21-7-7 got the pH better, greened them up, and got them growing well. But, drastically cut down on amount of flowers. I have some 20-20-20 on the way and then I’ll mess around with some P boost and all of that next year. I wanted to show some cool flowers, but I only have these kind of crappy ones, a few are fine, right now:

Gardenia flowers are already browning, so didn’t even take shots of any of those. They’re a real bitch of a plant. Haha

24 Likes

One less plant. Showed male.

10 Likes