Perma Dream preservation

Keeping an eye on this one. Unfamiliar strain, but obviously very familiar lineage!

1 Like

19 Likes

Looking good, my friend :+1::v:

3 Likes

cruising along Couple pics. Cruising along. Couple clone started. And no that’s not where they normally sit. I use a heat mat, they were just put up out of the way for some cleaning and rearranging. Lol

11 Likes

That Perma Dream looks so much like my Swakhammer! Looking great in there!

2 Likes

New pics.clones taken. Hopefully we get some roots action soon. Purple is 24” tall green is not far behind at 23”. Both doing fairly well. Purple has the more normal fruity berry smell only stronger . This green is something else. Never had one smell like this probably gonna be a good one. Definitely grows nice. Lots of nodes nice spacing , overall nice structure thick stalk and leaves , has what I would call a spicy cat piss smell , guess I’m gonna find out

10 Likes

Ladies doing well. Quick break down of what specifics we got going on, Perma Dream purple and green pheno , 3 gallon pots, my own mix of peat, vermiculite, perlite, worm castings and coco, I use general hydroponics dry nutes trio. Botanicare silica , cal mag+ Occasionally a dose of Epsom salt and mico+ root innoculant with a splash of thrive alive. Nothing super fancy, try to keep things basic. First media grow in a while , been on a hydro kick. Just didn’t want to chance it this round , soil/media a little more forgiving than hydro and I’ve been busy with work.

3 Likes

Those things have been growing quick @BIGJ, hope your clones root fast and everything keeps going smooth for ya bud

1 Like

Merry Christmas guys and galls!
:pray:
Have a wonderful day!

1 Like

Thank you brother

1 Like

These clones have been a pain in the butt trying to get to root. Apparently I need some more practice. Or better rooting hormone any suggestions for stubborn plants. Any advice on cloning would be greatly appreciated , seems like I can pop roots on anything but have hard time with cannabis. So far I’ve gotten one to pop roots. Had to cut other three back and try again. Figured I’d try some new stuff called Foop clone gel. Not having any luck. Normally I use bone tone and some light flower nutes and have descent luck.which is what I did on one to see if I could save them. and now have roots. The other 3 have been cut back and re dipped in bone tone hormone and same light mix of flower nutes have been added hopefully roots next couple days.

6 Likes

This is what I use.

I have had good results with it.

4 Likes

I’ll have to try it. This bone tone seems to work just slow.

1 Like

:green_heart:

2 Likes

last pics of 2021. Green Perma 27” tall, purple Perma 28”. Doing fairly well. Coco mix giving me some ph issues , slowly getting under control , solo cup dirt plants transferred to bubble buckets so I can get them going and ready for pollination, skywalker og and Dosi germinating , trying to decide which glue I want to use for my final Perma Dream cross this round ( I have 3 different glue options) , I’ve been seeing this gg4 ril being mentioned a lot around here , starting to peak my interest For potential cross … decisions decisions, :+1::+1::v:

7 Likes

What @MoBilly is recommending for as far as gel is concerned is 100% right.Clonex is awesome gel.I’ve been getting a way higher clone rate by soaking my cuts in tap water and chunks of fresh skinned aloe Vera with a very small pinch like match head size of down to earth kelp meal for 24 hours.Swap the water out with clean tap water and toss some more fresh skinned chunks of aloe Vera and let set for 24 hours.You will get juicier cuts that get a little nitrogen from that kelp watch it it’s hot.The salycytic acid from that aloe Vera will definitely get your root numbers up.That clonex is kind of like a living hormone keep it in the fridge it will keep potency a lot longer and when you dip make sure it’s at room temp and you should be good to go.I went from 2 out of 10 to 8 out of ten and I use plain Sungro sunshine mix no rock wool or Grodan

3 Likes

The only ones ican’t clone for shit right now seem to be the males .It’s got to be because they already popped balls and males are harder to flip back to veg and once they are set in thier course they don’t try to root I think

4 Likes

@MoBilly thank you for the suggestion. I will definitely have to try it out. @CapnCannabis thank you for the info. You stated using tap water. Now I’m wondering if that’s my problem, I don’t use bottled water but have been using the filtered water from my refrigerator, the stems portion that is in the grow block , media or aero cloner tends to start to shrivel up a bit and turn dark in color ( brown sometimes almost black looking, I’ve noticed occasionally I will get some white fuzz growing around base of cube or clone ring. Could this possibly be caused because of the filtered water maybe causing bacteria because of lack of chlorine? I water the plants normally with straight tap water :+1::+1::v: I’ll see if I have a pic and post it, just cut them back to retry

3 Likes

The water from my Ac gets bacteria in it real Quick I noticed.I filled a clear gallon jug one time and I checked on it the next day and it had stringy clumps of shit growing in it 24 hours later.I only used tap water because a lot of ppl recommended it and I think that little bit of chlorine keeps that thing perky to pop out them roots.In the end though I think it’s all about sterility

3 Likes

I’m on a well. No problems so far. :slight_smile: I just have to add pH down to bring it out of the mid to upper 7’s.

3 Likes