Peter's Perfect - Reengineering 321 Formula to the Ultimate Coco Experience

Went ahead and ordered some. Will be very interesting to compare.

3 Likes

Awesome! I just started it in my DTW feeds a couple days ago. Itā€™ll be nice to see how it works in your setup too.

2 Likes

It looks like that comes from MAP in their ingredients. Itā€™s not desirable, but itā€™s in a pretty small ratio when you mix the calnitrate, so it shouldnā€™t be a problem.

2 Likes

Hey man, Iā€™m just placing my orders for my coco adventure and just thought Iā€™d give you guys an update. The place that sells Masterblend sells it as the following package:

• 200/400/600/800 gram MasterblendĀ® 4-18-38
  • 200/400/600/800 gram Calcium Nitrate
  • 100/200/300/400 gram Magnesium Sulfate

Now youā€™ve mentioned that for veg youā€™d swap out the epsom salt (mag sulfate) for magnesium nitrateā€¦ So I ordered that as well!
Letā€™s hope the postman keeps on truckinā€™ and gets here soon.

3 Likes

I think the Mag Nitrate is very nice to use in veg. My formula is slightly different, but I am curious how their recommended ratios work out. The only difference is that I use more epsom. I am wondering if they only recommend 400 epsom, because it is a soil/hydro formula.

2 Likes

Iā€™m using the MasterBlend mix right now (coco coir in flower) at:

25g MB
24g Cal nitrate
23g Epsom

One of my plants it showing calcium deficiencyā€¦ but Iā€™m also changing a lot of things right now. 6x feeds per day & EC dropped to 1.3. Iā€™m in a difficult spot trying to balance growing nute-sensitive pure sativas and nute hungry pure indicas. I was feeding at 1.6-1.8, but the sativas complained. Overall, Iā€™m trying to use lower EC and higher feed rates, due to moisture problems with higher EC and lower feed rates in my small 1 gal potsā€¦

Anyway, based on the fact that calcium deficiency is the first sign Iā€™m seeing, Iā€™m going to try dropping the epsom in the mix. I think Iā€™m at about 2:1 right now. Might try more like 18-20g instead of 23g next time.

6 Likes

Still using mb ? Or you found something just as good you a uk :uk: grower to ? Just seen people from USA canda have diff results using same npk ratios & nutrients when having different water :droplet: mind gets blown with it all just need to find a uk grower who as soft water so can have a good chat about nutrients .

Been using ionic grow & bloom no pk knocks & messers with npk so a no no & no potassium slica too cosboff same
Sililica acid ā€¦Buddhas tree
Nitrozyme
Liquid oxygen
Fulvic acid
Epsom salts
Foiler nitrozyme & fulvic 2:5 parts aka ā€¦rocket fuel

No am just looking for better npk would live a one part like ionic but no fussed or npk off like

3-1-4 veg
2.5-1.5-5.5 flower .

Or like dyna grow 9-3-6 for veg & Flower 2.5-1.5-5.5 (caps feed )
Or some one word me up if am getting this all wrong :love_you_gesture:

Been looking to dry nutrients .
Jacks citrus
veg & bloom
Mega crop
Jacks 321
Chempak
Master bland.
Whoā€™s had the best flavours biggest yields using what ?

Thanks in advanced

4 Likes

Jacks 321 is hard to beat.
And as you say different water makes the formulas different for everyone. 6.8 is my sweet spot in coco. My tap is 5.7.

2 Likes

Yeah keep hearing so must be the dogs :dog2: you in uk ? You used any off the above ? Most ? All? Any chelts in the tank ? Micros ? Ect?

My tap is ph 6.0 50ppm from the tap

I have used citrus and Jacks 321, Iā€™m in the states. If youā€™re in the UK shipping may put Jacks products out of your reach due to shipping cost, but I really donā€™t know.
Megacrop has a distributor in the EU if Iā€™m not mistaken.
At any rate Iā€™m sure you have options similar thatā€™s produced in UK/EU just under other companies names

1 Like

What did you think off the citrus jacks ? What else did you use with it ? Been looking at it cos off the sulphates innit think was uncle Ben said use because makes better tasting smoke ?? What u think ? Think there is a company in uk that does jacks with have to check again :+1:

2 Likes

Masterblend is very similar to Jacks. Looks like it might be available in UK.

7 Likes

Chempak
Elixir soluable
: )

2 Likes

Thanks man ā€¦:+1: been looking to make my own nutrients too anyone done this here as yet ? Whatā€™s the numbers ppm off each element anyone ?

2 Likes

Anyone used growers ark ?

2 Likes

My breakdown of Masterblend elements.

10 Likes

I have been happily using Jackā€™s Citrus FeED for about 7 years or so now.
However I do not use coco, I use soilless mix (ProMixBX or HP).
Citrus FeED has 4.9% sulfur, but it is a little skimpy with Mg and has no Ca, this is not a problem for me because I add a little dolomite lime to the ProMix.

Hat tip to Uncle Ben, wherever you are!

5 Likes

If you ever go to coco, or coco mixes, this is what makes it unusable. If itā€™s already a little light for soil, your plants will scream in coco. :sob:

7 Likes

Yes indeed, I even hesitated to post in this thread, because it is about the Coco Experience.

But, I wanted to give a shout out to Uncle Ben.

5 Likes