Phototrons...SWC/TRON

In the beginning of this thread you can see the tub I’m using…no can do on the clone bromigo but these nutes should be a good start…

5 Likes

I am searching all over for the tub you have. I cant find it. Tell me the dimensions so I might find another that will work. How big across the top and how deep is it?
the nuts look awesome, compared to what I just paid for at the local shop. Do they come with a schedual? Instructions?
Any tips on how to score a start?

1 Like

Try going to Menards, Dollar Trees etc. and see what can fit in your Phototron as I said I think you might have an older model…I don’t follow any nute schedules, I go by how my plants look and I dont use meters or ph pens…some dispensaries might have clones for sale…

3 Likes

What is the glass tube in this picture?

1 Like

That’s the feed a tron…it automatically adds Chicago tap water when the water level goes down…I had my SWC/TRON set up as a set it and forget grow…I can go out for a week or 2 and it will be fine with no issues…

5 Likes

I ordered it.
it comes with instructions, right?

1 Like

Yes it should tell you how to mix it…I get gallons of nutes and I have my own mixture…I also have a 1K MH veg & 1K HPS bloom room for my DWC grows…My formula mixture is for my SWC/TRON & DWC grows.

3 Likes

Dude, you have grown well past your Phototron. Very impressive. For now I’m sticking to just making my tron a productive little hobby.
What does this mean that you shared? “I also have a 1K MH veg & 1K HPS bloom room for my DWC grows”?
I am considering spray painting the interior of my tron a slight glossy white. (Not the mirror panels).
Right now the plastic is a funky yellow.
You think its worth it?
I’m also working with a lighting guru dude to install some good led’s. Though I like your approach. Its simple. He thinks we can get a whole lot more productivity for not a lot more money with 560 led modules. Ill let you know as it comes together.

2 Likes

Grow rooms 1K MH vegetation room 18/6 and another 1K HPS flowering room 12/12 bromigo…Deep Water Culture 18 buckets grow…

It’s your Phototron, you can do whatever you want with it that includes spray painting it. Not quite sure if its gonna help or not help but glossy white should reflect the lights better…The LEDs will be better than the regular U-tubes that’s for sure bromigo.

Light movers

I will also toss in some soil grows too once in awhile in my 1K rooms

user2094_pic167549_1252859825

I started out with Phototrons back in old Overgrow days but I’ve moved on but I still love my Phototrons bromigos…:sweat_smile::smiling_face_with_three_hearts::rofl::heart_eyes::joy::star_struck:

18 Likes

I was just at Dollar Tree these should fit in your Phototron bromigo. You might have to cut a lil bit off the top.

4 Likes

Thanks Phil. I got the pink one.
I’m getting ready to germinate.
I’m wondering if I just keep it to one plant or can I put two or three?
Also , how often do you change the water?

2 Likes

Start with 1 for now, I change just 1 time…I empty veg nutes then put in flower nutes when I switch 12/12 lighting. Grow like you normally grow in soil or hydro…just pretend you are growing outside of a Phototron, if that makes any sense.

If you have never grown in deep/shallow water culture I suggest you start off with soil…you have grown in soil before correct?

3 Likes

Grow in soil? I have all geared up to do the hydroponic thing. I was going to get my seeds started germinating today. I am expecting the nutes you pointed me to to be delivered any day now.
Yes, I have grown in soil. Not anything spectacular. I grew a nice plant in the photoron 32 years ago, before I put it away. At that time I also had a huge plant growing in a pot.
I dont want to change course now.
Stay with me on this. I got that pink bowl that you pointed me to at the dollar store. Like I said, I am all geared up to do what you are doing. I appreciate all your help.

3 Likes

Is your Phototron about 2ft.+ tall? Soil will work and just grow as you normally grow…that’s what I do & have been doing, I grow normally and I just pretend I’m growing outside of the Phototrons…but 1 thing you have to remember the stretch when you go into flowering…so keep that in mind when you flower 12/12.

I think these Phototron were way ahead of their time back in the day…A lot of people failed growing successfully in these because they all followed Jeffrey DiMarcos directions that came with the Phototrons…

I mean think about it these tents that people are growing in nowadays are just bigger Phototrons, seriously…main thing just grow your plant normally as you did before…Hope this helps.:sunglasses::nerd_face:

2 Likes

Are you no longer doing the hydroponics in the Tron? I believe there were two sizes. Mine is the shorter one of the two. I think its more than 2’.
I was excited about growing in water. I got all set up for that. I have the air pump, the bucket to grow in, the styrofoam. Why all of a sudden you are steering me away from hydro?

2 Likes

I will always grow hydro in my SWC/TRON’s…you can grow hydro if you want its totally up to you…if you’ve grown swc/dwc and feel comfortable by all means go ahead…the main thing with hydro is your water quality…I use Chicago water out the tap…I don’t know water the quality of water you’re using…

btw, you didn’t need to buy the nutes I’m using you could’ve just use the nutes that you have been using when you were growing in soil…if you can hold off on the BC nutes and use the nutes you are comfortable with from your past grows…I tell everyone grow your plant as you normally do pretend you are not growing in a Phototron.

Bottomline you can be successful growing in a Phototron if you just grow as you normally grow, in soil or hydro…you don’t have yo use the same nutes I’m using…I think that’s where you’re gonna run into problems, hold off on the BC nutes and use the nutes that you have had success with…

If you had experience with SWC/DWC/DWC hydro with a certain nutes use those nutes that you have used and had success with…so hold off on the BC nutes…Hope this helps.

1 Like

The nutes just delivered. Im not kidding.
I havent grown weed for 30 years. I have never done hydro.
Walk me through it. I have it all set up to go.
We have the best water quality here. We are famous for it.
Im only setting up for one plant. I am going to germinate seeds today. These are my 30 year old Mowy Wowy, acapulco gold, thai stick. They were sick killer weed back then. Lets see if any germinate. Meanwhile, I am getting some feminized seeds.
So, we in this together? You with me for a cool bromance!

2 Likes

I dont even know what they mean? Shallow Water Cultivation?
I am going to learn though!

2 Likes

Shallow water culture & deep water culture read up on them here on Overgrow…As far as your water quality just cause it tastes fine doesn’t mean it’s good quality…I cannot walk you through hydro its fast growth and my environment is not the same as yours…soil is more forgiving…so just start off with soil first…I would hate for you to fail so start off with soil…read up on DWC everything seriously…

As I said just grow as you normally grow, if you haven’t grown in 30 yrs. I suggest you read up on growing in soil here on Overgrow.

2 Likes

Threads for basic growing in soil or hydro…Hope this helps.

Preparing the soil
New to everything
Beginner’s first grow: with soil or hydroponics?
First time Indoor grow - Blue Dream - DWC
Absolute Beginner on a Budget
No Flushing?

2 Likes