Phototrons...SWC/TRON

I’ve grown both Sativa & Indica strains in Phototrons…its just a matter of when to flip the lights to 12/12…You need to ask yourself this, what kind of highness do you prefer energetic or narcotic? You have a small P-tron just make sure not to let plant get too tall…I would flip the lights into 12/12 when you plant is 6.5"-7" tall. Hope this helps.

2 Likes

Something for you to think about autoflower seeds bromigo…

Are autoflowers sensitive to light leaks?

1 Like

Why autos?

1 Like

You were the one thinking of buying auto seeds from your post…

Help me with the right strain

1 Like

Yep this was the thread I was thinking of haha . Might be building a small box for a buddy and like the phototron style .

I turned a couple of these into a homemade Phototron bromigo…

5 Likes

I think you are talking abou tthe Black Jack Auto Feminized.
Dude, I overlooked the word Auto in the description!
I dont think Auto is a good idea for me because I want more control on when it flowers. You suggested flipping to flowering when they are just 7".
Is there a strain where you get energetic and narcotic? I guess that would be kind of contradictory.
Im still trying to germinate 30 year old seeds. Ill get an order in for fresh seeds today.

1 Like

Get an hybrids I guess…you can post that on your thread other people might be able to suggest a strain…did you try the paper towel method germinating your seeds…

1 Like

Yea, I started with 3. I put them in a shotglass for a day then put them on a cotton makup pad remover. I put that on a small plate and put that on a coffee warmer, in my toasty warm bathroom, in the back of a dark closet.

That was three days ago. Nothing so far.
Yesterday, i went through my dwindling stash of 30 year old seeds (30 years ago this stash was poping for me!) and I picked out the most promising looking ones and put them into a shot glass. this morning I put them into the cotton pads. Meanwhile, I should get some real seeds. My nephew, in France, is starting an Exotic Seed sales company. I feel I kind of have to support him, so I am going to get an order in with him for some. He intends on specializing on Heirloom asian strains.

3 Likes

Well, I’m ready to fire up my SWC/TRON again…My buddy has some Chicago tap water for me but he’s still recovering from his eye surgery so he hasn’t been able drive down…
I would like to get SWC/TRON started by the end of this month because I know I will be busy starting my outdoor veggie garden for this year…

These are all my homemade strains that were started from seeds. 6 females out of 9 seeds.

My Summer 2020 CV-19 veggie garden from last year.

4 Likes

Nice! I’ve wanted to do some good outdoor but haven’t been able to do much besides a few hidden around yard because of no cover(legal in Michigan but not supposed to be visible and I live right on main drag through village.

2 Likes

I just saw this this morning at Menards and it would be perfect for your your Phototron for some supplementing lighting bromigo…Hope this helps.

2 Likes

Dude, I appreciate you thinking of me. I am working on making a light array. I have ordered all the parts and am just getting them together. there is a guy on another forum who is a lighting guru. Once I have it put together I will let you know if it was worth it. I have shown him the lights you are pointing me to and he feels that we can do a lot better. Though the price you are paying is hard to beat. Mine will be about $75. when complete. But, a huge bang for the buck. Custom.

The other thing I am working on at this point is sprouting seeds. I have my 30 year old seeds on paper towels. So far, none have popped. I have some good fresh ones coming in the mail. Thats my back up. I really has hoping to get something out of my stash.
I need to start a journal. Should I do it on this forum?

2 Likes

I want you to remember when you’re doing your lighting upgrade that this is a container and you dont want to be building up way too much heat from your new lighting systems & ballasts… you can just start your own thread if you want…I’m just waiting for my damn imported Chicago tap water to get here, as soon as I get it I’m gonna start posting on this thread…I will be growing my Matanuska Thunder Head strain just to see how I did breeding wise…

1 Like

I am thinking that I will mount the ballast on the outside to avoid heat. I am not sure if the balast is the heat source or the lights.

Saw these at Menards today

6 Likes

Surprise! I’ve been lurking in the background. I’m interested to see how well that garage light works. I was thinking of making a space bucket with one for small breeding projects.
Can’t wait to see your project all set up.

Finally, my imported Chicago tap was delivered yesterday. Now all I have to do is pull out my big Phototron, its buried behind a bunch of junk because I haven’t used it in 2.5 yrs. As of now I’m only using my small Phototron as a mother/clone chamber. I’m gonna put my Matanuska Thunder Head in the SWC/TRON. I should have it going by the end of this wknd. bromigos…

8 Likes

Well, I got my SWC/TRON out and ready for this wknd. but I have 1 issue, I’m totally out of my flowering mix so I ordered more from Amazon and should be here by next week…I do have enough veg nutes to start my SWC/TRON this weekend.
I know that they stop making Green Fuse Growth & Bloom nutrients probably 10 years ago so now I have to find an alternative…hopefully the Technaflora flora kit has what I need.

5 Likes