Pine Tar Bastard’s Outside Grownanza

Here’s a Bangi Haze. Her trichomes are a mix of clear and cloudy. I plan on taking her a little early.

I dusted her with some Subterfuge#1(abc) pollen for my next bastard project. I also have some Bangi Haze pollen from several plants, so i can backcross it.
Seeds are forming nicely.

15 Likes

Do you have any dried bud shots of the bastards? Or a smoke report?

1 Like

Are you enquiring about the PineTarBastards or the autobastards from Hyb/HumboldtCSI?

1 Like

Sorry. Either one i guess. I don’t have a lot of info on actual finished results of the bastard varietals.

2 Likes

Do you happen to know what they crossed the ABC with to make subterfuge?

1 Like

@District_Flora I don’t know what Hyb used to make Subterfuge#1, but have read rumors that he used Flo at some point in the process. And I believe he worked it for 19 years before releasing it. The Subterfuge#1 that i grew out were all very consistent, and had a limey/piney terpene profiles and the flowers seemed more Sativa than Indica. I believe it’s been tested at 10-12% THC. I found the smoke to be very nice and enjoyable. It grows very slowly and is extremely hardy outdoors.

5 Likes

@Griftee i’ll have to look to see if i have any photos of Hyb’s Autobastard. I do remember it produced a lot of trichomes, and the terpene profile was a cross of limey and gluish. It was potent and leaned towards an Indica effects. For me, it was not very productive, but i only grew it indoors, and i use weak lights and small containers. I also remember the plants taking forever to finish. One plant in particular was still flowering at 125 days, and would probably still be flowering two years later if I hadn’t chopped her. :rofl:

The 1st generation PineTarBastards, which is a cross of PineTarKush and Portuguese Parsley(which is a Subterfuge#1/Frisian Duck backcross), has a terpene profile similar to Subterfuge#1, but is much more piney.
Here are pics of buds from two that i grew outdoors last summer.

10 Likes

Very very cool. Thank you.

1 Like

I haven’t seen an exact list, but outcrossed 5 times over 19 generations.

I’ve heard him mention CaliO, Rare Dankness, Wedding Cake X Sundae Driver so sounds like he’s just used a mix of quality clones

4 Likes

@lilmanbigplan Considering he’d have to take each one to at least F3 or F4, that’s a heck of a lot of work.
It’s always out of stock at HumboldtCSI. At $15/seed, that’s kind of surprising to me.

3 Likes

Geez, 19? I dusted some Subterfuge pollen on my Site 4 Bastard, excited to see what comes of it

3 Likes

Oh yeaaah, nice little plethora of genetics. No wonder it took so much time

2 Likes

Here’s an update on the Oaxaca (on the right)
And the Mulanje (on the left)

Here’s a closeup of the Oaxaca flower

And the Mulanje flower

19 Likes

I’ve been reading on how cannabis farmers will sometimes girdle their plants: Girdling: Girdling | Cannabis.com - The World's Cannabis Site

I decided to try it. I’m using two methods. I scraped off a ring of outer material using a box cutter

And am also trying it using wire twist ties

11 Likes

Hey PineTar, we’re neighbors in the land of :hot_pepper:

Good to see someone else taking advantage of our long season. Beautiful ladies there, very curious how the girdling experiment will go. This was another thread I seem to have missed, glad to have found it now :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

Pine Tar Bastard seedling growing well

11 Likes

Pine Tar Bastard in early flower. About to be pollinated by the giant ABC Dooligah!

16 Likes

:heart_eyes:

2 Likes

Loving the look of your Oaxaca. Have you grown it before, did you like the way it smoked/tastes and feels?

2 Likes

@HumblePie420 2022 was my first year growing the Oaxaca’s as well as the other Sativas. I had two Oaxacans and unlike many hybrids I’ve grown, they were not identical in terpenes or the high they elicit, but they are both outstanding in their own rights. They both finished by the end of October at 35N and the one i grew in the raised bed produced more bud than i could harvest. I highly recommend growing them, especially if you can grow them outdoors. I’ll be growing them again, but it’ll be a while before i run out of flower. :partying_face: The Mexican Death Sativa that @lambchopedd handed out was also very worthwhile and it also finished by the end of October.

7 Likes