Pine Tar Bastard’s Outside Grownanza

Thank you for this. Yes, I have 4 going that Upstate gave me. Barely at week 5 from seed and in a 1 gallon at the moment. They are going to be up-potted again this weekend into a 2 or 3 gallon with the final being a 20 gallon fabric pot outdoors. I don’t know what sex they are yet out of the 4. Hopefully at least 2.

5 Likes

Hot damn! :eyes:

1 Like

20230403_161702

Pine Tar Bastards. Currently got some Pine Tar Dooligahs growing.

Pine Tar Bastard X Dooligah

Excellent flower on those bastards @PineTarBastard

13 Likes

Here’s a few plants from the garden. Here are a few Pine Tar Bastards :grinning: Uploading: IMG_5177.jpeg…

13 Likes

And here’s a Meridian Haze. :grinning: Thanks @santero

12 Likes

That Pine Tar Bastard sure is an interesting plant.

Meridian Haze looking great as well :fire:

1 Like

@FieldEffect Thanks. The PineTarBastard in these pictures is an ABC that’s been crossed twice to PineTarKush and then bred to F4. It’s my goto evening/bedtime flower. :grinning:

2 Likes

I’m looking forward to seeing it fill out as the season goes on. I looked back on the thread excited to see the MDS and Oaxaca finished in October. I think that’s getting grown next season :sunglasses:

Hope your girls are enjoying the rain as much as mine are!

1 Like

Love it, ABC strain is cool

1 Like

Hey what’s up @PineTarBastard hope all is well with you. Just had to report back to you on this one as I think I already mentioned that I crossed your PTK with some Red Snake pollen last year with the hope of getting a little more up feeling and less leafiness. I grew a few of the these F1’s out and the structure was right on point with what I was going for but the two females that I had didn’t have hardly any smell at all which was disappointing.

However, I did manage to get a tiny bit of pollen from reversing your original PTK clone before it’s ultimate demise and brushed it on the F1’s and got about 30 fem seeds. The first one I grew looked pretty close to the original PTK but again little to no smell. The second one I grew looks similar to the PTK and has the exact same strong pine smell! I was quite excited about this as it’s such a pleasing smell.

These aren’t the greatest pics as she’s about to be harvested but here she is currently:

9 Likes

She looks awesome. Congrats on getting pollen from that PTK. I tried 3 times and couldn’t get her to form viable pollen.

4 Likes

Thank you! They’re fun to grow and the taste is very piney. :evergreen_tree:

1 Like

Well the cost was her life unfortunately but that one tiny pod of pollen was enough. I think i was using like 1:3 STS dilution so it was pretty strong. Happy to share any of the S1 seeds if you have any interest.

3 Likes

Definitely. I lost mine and she was a winner.

2 Likes

Oh no you lost the clone? damn, now i feel even worse for letting it slip through my hands. Good news is that pine is in these seeds, just not sure how frequent it will show up just yet.

3 Likes

So is this STS MIX
200ml distilled water
100ml A/B Sts mix

Approximately /rough estimate

I’m doing a STS PRoject and want as much info for future
Thanks

2 Likes

Don’t feel bad. I used her to make some nice crosses and cubed her for my bastard project. She had a good life. And her flowers still reside in my cupboard. :grinning:

2 Likes

u have any grow logs with Mutant Autos… how did they grow for u…

1 Like

Hey @Estacionsj for a standard STS recipe I’ve always used a 1:7 ratio of STS A+B mix to distilled water which has worked well for most plants. In my case I use 50ml of STS mix and 350ml of distilled water and this creates more than I need when reversing a few plants.

But some plants are just tough and stable like this particular PTK plant. In this case I used 50ml STS mix with 150ml distilled water. In your example it would be 100ml STS mix to 300ml distilled water. This is a very strong mix though and I’ve only had to use it on this one particular plant.

1 Like

Nice, trying to get as much info as possible, thanks for the info

1 Like