Poisson's perpetual

Hey OG community. I’m glad to start a quick diary for my room. It used to be used for taxidermy by the previous owner. The owner prior to that guy had a hot tub in that room. I’m currently running 2x315cmh for flower and I have a 4bulb 4’ retrofit led and a burple & sun blaster for veg and clone needs. I Have a basic air exchange set up in winter to make use of the humidity and heat generated by my garden (l-20’c not uncommon this time of year). I have the option of a smaller exhaust which I only use for negative pressure ie doobie smoking…as I mentioned -20’c sucks for chief ing back so my veg garden is where my wife and I take bong rips too. I hope to improve my set up a little bit at s time up to a point. I can’t see running co2 de humid/sealed. I have the equipment just too lazy nowhere close for co2 refills etc. plus no mini split and my basement is cool and dry so it benefits from the grow. I have a co2 injector and tank from my others hobby aquariums but I choose to Keep It Simplei(sh).
I just got back into growing for a year or so now.

I have since gone bare bottom in my favorite custom tank and keep goldfish. The tank serves a few purposes for my grow. Mostly a source of dechlorinated pre enriched water.

More to come…

18 Likes

Sounds neat. I like the pre enriched water thing. Like aquaponics booster

4 Likes

Don’t you get an ammonia presence with aquarium water

2 Likes

Nah ammonia is broken down by the nitrogen cycle into nitrite and that’s further broken down to nitrate. Etc…

6 Likes

"I split the room with a dividing wall last Spring. I bought the door at the MCC framed for 7$ Hellyeah! Did the exterior wall up in Reflectix and the interior wall and ceiling with panda.
The room could benefit from a thrid bulb in winter and operates on air exchange. In winter I take the air from my flower room and dump it on the other end of my basement after carbon filtration. I have a 4"dryer duct and fan in my veg room which is where my wife and I do all our bong ripping n’such did I mention it was -33’c outside today where I live.

I use a 4’ 4bulb t5hofixture with led retro fit for veg and a sun blaster led and cabnet for clone space.
I had relatively good results first run as I grew some back in my college days …allegedly. Nothing fancy 1 1000whps flower & 1 400wMH.for veg with gh 3part…ole school
I still use pro mix and settled on Hollands Secret for my base nutes because it’s easy to pick up where I live. I’ve been using 5gal nursery pots for flower with decent succes.
In my veg space I have a tray of alien tech clones and a 1gallon bluecheese which is going into a 5 gallon fabric pot which is an experiment as I’ve always used plastic pots. Thought I’d see what all the fuss is about highfalutin fabric lol
Last run I popped some alien tech (prismseedbank) which turned out nice.
I planned to flower out 4 5gals next run but I had to kill two of the plants (blueberry kush) due to herming. The alien tech is very Hardy and is growing shit house ie I cloned it repotted it splayed it out with a tomato cage and it’s still growing vigorously. Next weekend it gets the scrog. Tomorrow I add the second 315.
Since the blueberry kush was a bust I’ll be on the hunt for a thrid strain.

10 Likes

The third strain is mandarin cookies I just bought a 10 pack from gtaseedbank. Was torn on between the citraglue and the cookies. Will be popping three as soon as they arrive.
Other than that I’m in week two and the two alien techs are loving life. I added the blurple and the blue cheese mom. She gave me a few clones and I need the space so she’s crossing over. I included a shot from the threshold of the dividing wall between my flower and veg room. Aside from the new gear I’m also planning a trip into the big city ie wpg next weekend to the grow shop. Here it’s going to be just as warm next weekend so I’m totally psyched for that. Have a nice weekend and happy Mondays too

10 Likes

The order came with a freebie 2 pack of ethos black cherry reg. I’m soaking 3 of them right now. I couldn’t find black cherry on ethos website curious about it’s lineage.

3 Likes

7 Likes

Your plants all look happy and healthy.:evergreen_tree:
Ill check back in often to see how you like the fabric pot. I ordered some fabric pots that look identical to yours for my next run.look forward to trying them out.

1 Like

Gotta love having a room full of budding jungle weed when it’s -33 outside lol. Nice setup and cool fish too!

1 Like

Both rooms hopping, in veg
3/3 germ on mandarin cookies r1v2

I popped the ethos black cherry reg freebie too as I’m starting tomatoes for my sunroom I have no idea what to expect as I can’t find info on that strain anywhere

5 Likes

Pulling up a seat, looking great

flower room trellis shots

6 Likes

Got my popcorn…don’t change dat channel!!!

1 Like

Tuff love/decisions. Culled two smaller plants then trained/topped the three remaining alien techs.
The one in the corner is going being held as a mom so she’ll get more space when the three sister plants move along.
I’ll have to repot the three sisters then once established I should get some veg space for the ethos seedlings and the blue cheese clones/mom.
I’m seeing roots on the blue cheese clones and one of the black cherry freebie reg seeds popped too(one in the square black).

4 Likes

5/5 on the ethos beans from gtaseedbank big ups​:blush::+1:will be getting seeds through them again
Colin from ethos says there’s a obviously shorter pheno in the mandarin cookie thats much tastier/terpier :crossed_fingers:. As for the black cherry I have no clue what the exact lineage is. I hope to have them hardened off ASAP to my dry assed basement.

Flowers looking good. Seeing some thrip damage in spots sticky traps up.
Hoping to get hooked up with Spinosad next time I’m at the grow shop if they can get it. Been spaying pylon & insect soap with neem in veg and first 2 weeks of flower.
Once a week I’ve been squeezing the mulm from my oranda’s sponge filter into a watering can with humics/fulvics for a treat.

4 Likes

Hey man…I bookmarked this a while back, but may help you with those thrips…

Here it is in action…

1 Like

The ability to have this JWA on hand was very beneficial, cheap easy and the shit works wonders !

Where do you source potassium hydroxide?

Great to have ya here on OG @Manitoba_Poisson plants are looking great! Any questions you have that might pop up just ask away!