Pollen Chucking with VAhomegrown

Is this tobacco mosaic virus? Kinda looks like it…

11 Likes

I hope not, but I would say hplv. You may want to test it.

6 Likes
4 Likes

I’ve read it all. Tmv has never been confirmed in cannabis. At least when I did all the research a yr ago.

4 Likes

Someone on here had tests done on their plants that looked like that and it was positive for hplv, I’ll try to find it

5 Likes

Found it. HLVd and other viruses goodies

Few posts down are the results.

4 Likes

Hmm. Trying to figure out how it could have gotten HLVD…

7 Likes

I hope I’m wrong!!!

6 Likes

Now I’m wondering if it’s a Chem trait coming through… Looks just like some of the pics there. Maybe @HolyAngel would know

8 Likes

My Motorbreath 15 will throw some leaves like that each run. I’ve had it for a couple years and zero signs of HLvD. I think it’s a certain genetic trait where you get those variegated leaves.

8 Likes

Yeah, Iamyou and somebody else were just talking about that on my thread; Iamyou mentioned that Chem D was known to exhibit a little variegation and posted some pics of his plant showing that, if you wanna take a look.

I wouldn’t worry about it too much just yet.

11 Likes

Awesome, I def feel better about that. I was like “what fresh hell is this” lol

11 Likes

I’ve got the exact same stuff on 2 of 3 SSDD F2 BX1 plants from HolyAngel. I know for a fact I didn’t bring any cuts in my home, or touch anyone elses plants, so its probably not hlvd.

Edit: posted picture

14 Likes

I’ve had variegation show up in F2s of SSDD that I made back around 2016 or 17 as well. Only Appalachia cross I’ve grown but figured I’d add my anecdote as well.

11 Likes

Imho it doesn’t look like a lack of clorophyl (sp?). I’ve had the same thing and in my plant it was actually thinner (the leaf thickness) where it’s lighter colored. Like damaged leaf cells.
Plus there was /is a curving of the affected leaves that is not just a mutation.

As always, i could be wrong, but i fear a disease (at worst). Better safe than sorry (to test for a virus).

4 Likes

Can’t it be on a neighbor’s tomato plants for instance? And spores float on wind to your place, just like PM does?
I gotta research it myself.

4 Likes

na it has to have contact from another infected plant or equipment/tools/soil. its does come from seeds though!!!

8 Likes

Apparently it can be spread even through seeds, doesn’t matter about clones or other plants or anything. I guess that that virus can kind of “lay dormant” in the seeds, until you actually sprout them. That’s what I’ve read, anyway.

What plant are we talking about here, @VAhomegrown? Sorry, I’ve only really read the Prayer Tower portions of this thread so far, scrolled through pretty much everything else haha, no idea what else you’re growing right now.

9 Likes

That’s on one of the PTS girls. The other girl and the male look fine

10 Likes

Oh, for real? Then don’t worry about it haha, you’re fine. It’s just that plant doing something weird, but not so weird that you need to start thinking about viruses or anything.

6 Likes