Pollen Chucking with VAhomegrown

Yeah I would and have done shot glass soak on 10+ yr old beans. It’s the best seed popping tek I got :wink:

Idk anything about cracking and water and root riot as I’ve not ever done that.

Again, I’d just use whatever method works best for you.

7 Likes

I picked up ace seeds tical I bet the pollen would make some interesting crosses. The Tikal is silly weed makes me giggly af😂 love it

7 Likes

Put it under your tongue I’ve heard that there’s something in our Saliva that helps with popping. I just popped 8-9 years old pgsc and it in water 24 then I bite down on the place where it is supposed to pop and they cracked and had pretty good success. But I don’t know the spit deal is real but I’ve been trying it and awesome germination :man_shrugging:

11 Likes

Saliva contains salivary amylase…

During seed germination, bioactive GAs are synthesized in the embryo and transported to the aleurone layer to induce α-amylase gene expression and α-amylase synthesis. Then, α-amylase is secreted into the endosperm to hydrolyze the stored starch (Kaneko et al., 2002).

So yeah, looks like this is actually science-adjacent. :slight_smile:

9 Likes

Yes old burnout actually remembered something :joy::v: Thanks for the link

3 Likes

Just tried to sample the sativa leaning Froot by the Foot. Still needs to dry a bit more. It’s close though. Maybe 2 more days. Decent potency. Hard to judge the taste yet.

16 Likes

Pray for the Prayer Towers! Cracked them and dropped them in a shotglass with water/h2o2. They are now in a cardboard box on a heat mat.

20 Likes

Godspeed duder!

8 Likes

Good vibes on the way!!

7 Likes

Another Dread Bread popped up too lol. After the first one came up i added a little more water and put the tray back on the heat mat.

16 Likes

Glad they arrived to you safe and sound. Good luck on your project!

8 Likes

So many thanks! I’m really looking forward to running Prayer Tower. I’m hoping it’s got the kind of high I’m looking for with the Thai and Green Crack in there. Gonna make plenty of F2’s and some crosses with some other stuff I have in mind. Again, many thanks!

12 Likes

Got an SSDD and a Funeral Cake x Blue Sunshine male in the pollen tent

12 Likes

Excited to see how this progresses!

5 Likes

Me too! “Praying” I find a good keeper lol. F2’s should have some fun stuff in there as well, but I’ll mostly be doing that for the community rather than my own personal use.

10 Likes

Just letting you know don’t know if you saw but I seent afew dreadbread restocked at headiegardens :call_me_hand:

7 Likes

Yea I saw that. I’m not super pressed on getting more with all the seeds I have right now. I’m cool with the 2 I have that popped late. Kinda hoping no more pop up lol

6 Likes

Some are just super slow had some nyc piff x grape stompers take like a week too 9 days to pop longest I’ve ever seen :joy:

6 Likes

Good luck! I usually always have little tails peeking out the seed after 24 hours doing the h2o2 and h2o in a shot glass. Once you can push them down and they sink, plant them!!

2 Likes

Just me, but I like bumwad vs cubes/or any burying, because I can see if they germinate, rather than wait for a sprouting. Just another way. :slight_smile:

7 Likes