Pollen Chucking with VAhomegrown

The variegation is likely genetic and not infected.

Least on the SSDD it comes from the Chem D in the Appalachia.

10 Likes

i am no scientist and not sure of all the wiga giga about tobacco mosaic virus , but i did a bit of reading when i first had the plants with the type of thing you show going on. not sure 3-4 years ago started showing up in some strains. people calling it variegation and other things?

from what i got out of it it is a virus that tends to attack older genetics. [ think old person] it is passed on actively [alive] and a dormant virus passed on thru seeds. still lots of study / debate going on but i think that is why it shows up the way it does with out any type of other exposure or contamination?

i forgot about how it spreads if you have plants growing that have the virus and or how it spreads to other plants growing at the same time. but sorta like the flu type thing, not good. put a mask on em have them hold their breath lol.

spent alot of time and energy thinking it was a grow problem until i really looked into what was going on. sterilization and cleaning all the time between grows and strains. for sure!

7 Likes

That’s a relief. Now if only someone would make an in-home virus test for cannabis. To inexpensively rule-out potential problems.

7 Likes

@VAhomegrown Hay man grats on winning Shoe’s auction for the Prayer Tower seeds. Talk about good timing eh. I don’t think the variegation is anything to worry about other then the chem traits coming through.

9 Likes

Darkheart was doing $25 HPLVD tests and $50 viroid panels (HpLVd, LCV, and BCTV) but idk if they’re still doing that or not.
lab@darkheartnursery.com

10 Likes

It’s like it was meant to be lol. Just wish they came up for auction sooner. Probably gonna pop the PTS pack as soon as it gets here, when they’re the most viable. I think I’m going to have to use my veg tents to flower some stuff out if I do that. I’m balls deep in plants already though…

10 Likes

giphy (5)

10 Likes

I fucking love that movie. Everyone’s talking like RDJ’s performance in Oppenheimer was his best ever, and I’m like “Ya’ll have seen Tropic Thunder, right?” Playing Kirk Lazarus was his best acting performance ever IMO. That shit was legendary

7 Likes

Only second to Back to School.

6 Likes

I hate tom cruise movies usually but he was hilarious in that shits as well.

4 Likes

I remember when I first saw it, I didn’t really know much about who was in it aside from RDJ, Danny McBride, and Ben Stiller. I kept thinking that Les Grossman looked super familiar, and then near the end, he gave his signature Tom Cruise crazy eyes, and that’s when I knew it was him lol.

5 Likes

It really is a great movie. Its been a long time since i have seen it. I forgot all.about danny being in it. I love east bound and down. Have you seen Vice Principals?

4 Likes

I’ve seen every movie and show he’s been in haha! Vice Principals was great. Your Highness was hilarious too. Been watching The Righteous Gemstones which is his latest show on HBO. Gemstones is right up there with the rest of them.

5 Likes

My brother likes the gemstones. Havent checked it out yet. I will get around to it eventually.

4 Likes

Gemstones is fucking hilarious. Highly recommend if you like his other stuff

6 Likes

Danny McBride is the f*cking man, I watch everything he does. And yup Tropic Thunders high in my top 10 list of comedies for sure. TT is definitely RDJ’s best performance & yes I saw Oppenheimer :laughing:

Speaking of movies, if anyone hasn’t seen Idiocracy, do yourself a favor, its on Hulu right now.

pumped-intense

6 Likes

JFT S1 & Orange Creamsicles starting to look like plants. Probably going to have to transplant them soon

PTS

Ordered a bigger light that will be here tomorrow. PTS seeds from the auction should be here tomorrow as well!

16 Likes

Looks like the MB232 pollen took. Broke up some SSDD lower buds to smoke and found some beans!

14 Likes

Starting to wonder if that MB232 pollen was cut with flour or something. Started ripping apart the main sites I pollinated, and so far haven’t found many seeds

10 Likes

Was the mb232 male pollen or reversed? I could see reversed not doing as much. I didn’t get any seeds at all from the 1-2grams of reversed TK pollen I had.

6 Likes