Power Hitter Give Away

Oh cool give away! @HashstasH
Where is the Purple Urkel from?
Can you give us some provenance?
Thank you

2 Likes

ienok

4 Likes

I started getting really curious about older genetics and Chocolate Thai in particular. A google search brought up a community that valued the old genetics so much it was actively trying to preserve them (CT in this case)! I started reading to gain knowledge but pretty much immediately started having convos with some cool ass members too. Between the wealth of information, how welcoming this site is, and the general vibe of positivity (and lack of arguing for the most part) it was obvious I had found an awesome anomaly of a forum. Then as if that wasn’t more than cool enough you experience the insane generosity of OGers and have that pinch yourself moment. The best part is how infectious the positivity and generosity is because before long you want nothing more than to be able to spread some beans and love with the community.

4 Likes

Purple Urkle’s history is as complex as its flavor palate. A California strain, the origins are believed to stem from a select [phenotype]

(Cannabis Genotypes and Phenotypes: What Makes a Strain Unique? | Leafly) of Mendocino Purps, while the essence is a blend of skunk, berry, and fresh grapes. Consumers report the effects to be deeply relaxing, sleep-inducing, and a great option for full-body pain relief. The short onset of effects make it a perfect nighttime strain for those who suffer from insomnia.

3 Likes

I found OverGrow by accident looking for a certain strain, and a member/breeder here had some along with some other interesting looking strains that I purchased, which he then threw in the best bonus package ever with papers, dube tubes, mycorrhizae and more seeds. I then started looking into this site and finding more and more info on growing, and a very positive attitude that is few and far between on any internet forum. I’ve had many people reach out about any questions I’ve asked, and it’s all been helpful, constructive advice, with a little humor thrown in for good measure. Then there’s people throwing around seeds like confetti, and even though I’m not a breeder and paid for mine, I’ve caught that fever as well and find myself mailing away seeds, albeit with recycled seed “pods”. I even had a guy offer me clones when they were ready when I asked for a friend who suffers from anxiety about seeds that I could buy for him. This place is just full of kind, thoughtful, caring people who genuinely seem to care about each other, and this is yet another example of that.

3 Likes

Great info.
But I guess I meant to say how did you acquire it? Are your Urkle seeds S1? Did you outcross the clone to something, then make selections?

Urkle is clone only, so please excuse my questions. Thank you

1 Like

I bought a few strains and never realized 2 of the so called fem seeds were males a strawberry glue and the PU that pollenated all my plants so these seeds are purple urke x purple ukle or Strawberry Glue 3+pack seed (Fem)

so the seed is PU x PU or PU x Strawberry Glue

2 Likes

I had been venturing out into the forum world for many many years but always, ALWAYS left wanting more and with no desire to go back. This went on for about 8-9 years, I always saw bullying, misinformation, people just looking for free stuff, or trolls ohhhh sooo many TROLLS! And then legalization came and I actually took a hiatus for a couple years, but realized I could not live without my passion, my love and a large portion of my life cannabis cultivation so I dove back in with a renewed vigor. Fast forward to last spring. I had been back in the game for several years and have a very small crew of very experienced growers I’ve been involved with for a very long time, but it began to disband as some quit growing, others went to the greenhouse cultivation for the government etc. It was basically my mentor, myself and one good , old friend. Just wasn’t the same and something was missing. I was scouring the forums and someone pointed me in the direction of OG I was like “oh its back, very cool ill check it out” and I promptly did. I was skeptical as always and watched for a week or so, after that I was still impressed and really began to deep dive OG, I then began hanging around almost daily and was constantly impressed and made to smile by the interactions I witnessed. So I added a grow log and some other content and was welcomed so warmly it furthered my love of this place, every single day since. (Appx a year now) that I’ve been here I’m amazed, humbled and driven to help, give, and just love others. I can’t be more serious in saying this place has changed me and my entire outlook on an industry that was in my mind crumbling. I’ve met so many amazing, kind, generous people it has even renewed my faith in humanity NO JOKE! Needless to say I absolutely love this place, what it stands for, what it instills and the vibe and person it has helped me to become. I am here for good and can never ever say enough how much I love this place and everyone who makes it so OG! Much love and respect to EVERYONE!

5 Likes

I haven’t been here long enough to consider my life changed by OG. What I can say is this; I’ve had a lot of different hobbies in my life and many of them, as a noob, come with a lot of being made to feel dumb by people with more experience. There’s so much gatekeeping in other hobbies that it can be a turn off for people who want to learn, then once they get through the gate they also turn into an ass towards noobs as they feel they earned the right to be just like the people who didn’t want to help them. It’s always been my opinion that if you love something, you should want it to grow and get the information into as many people’s brains as possible and it seems like I’ve found a lot of like-minded people here. In my first two posts here I got so many replies and PM’s offering advice and help, all in a supportive and teaching way. Having that in a community keeps people coming back and that makes it strong, so I’m happy to be here and look forward to many years of growing, and making, some good buds.

2 Likes

Btw I never heard of a power hitter before but absolutely love the idea since I’m a strictly J’s guy. I’m going to have to look into these more. So cool! And thanks for your awesome generosity ALWAYS you are a helluvan example of OG’s finest :raised_hands:t2: @HashstasH

1 Like

Great contest dude , I dream of these power hitters still , a friend had one in 77 and us kids thought it was the shit

2 Likes

THIS WAS 7 SENTENCES!!!

:laughing:

WAY MORE THAN 6!

4 Likes

All about comma use, can go as long as ya want and still be only 6 sentences.

1 Like

Which makes it even worse that they still exceeded it!

BTW @CanuckistanPete and @TopShelfTrees1 this was definitely about the humor and not a real call out :sunglasses:

3 Likes

THIS WAS 7 SENTENCES!!!

Au contraire, count again. I may have used a heck of a lot of commas, but that is 6 sentences my friend.

Cool @HashstasH, I have a power hitter. My buds got an original one from the 70s. I bounced around when we got our first computer in 95, I found a couple sites and went back and forth. Finally landed here. Overgrow the world.

This is such an awesome place the people here are great, I never knew there was a place like this. I made tons of seeds and my Buddy said “what are you going go do with them, what a waste.” I said that at the price of beans, I am going to find somewhere to give them away free, so that everyone can enjoy this amazing plant, not just the wealthy. Maddawg put me here and it is so much more than I anticipated, love to all.
Back in the day I used to empty out the mustard containers and I made homemade power hitters, stay lifted.

5 Likes

Damn I read that twice and counted seven. I blame being stoned, tired, and more commas than I’ve ever seen used in one paragraph :laughing:

Like I said though it was more about the joke than actually trying to call it out. You can tell because I didn’t bring up the “short and simple sentences” part :stuck_out_tongue:

3 Likes

@HashstasH
What an awesome giveaways
I have to admit I have been buying Paraphernalia since the mid 90’s and have never run across one of these one hitters :joy:

I was invited over here by a random stranger that popped up on another forum that I am have been a part of for over a year
He mentioned all the trades and giveaways and the camaraderie and great people involved.
I have met some great folks and very generous people like on no other site or forum.
I have concluded that I would like to get in to breeding sooner than later and help you great fine folks here at OG and Overgrow the freaking World :+1::muscle::v::love_you_gesture::love_you_gesture:

3 Likes

1 overgrow is awesome.
2 overgrow is a learning place
3 overgrow is a sharing place
4 overgrow gives me a place to pontificate
5 all social media is lame except for overgrow
6 overgrow is my digital notebook and without it the details of my grows would be lost to history.

:+1:

7 Likes