Pre 4/20 sales… Thoughts?

That’s not great :confused: :disappointed: I’ll definitely keep receipts

1 Like

Ive now had about 6+ replacement oscillating fans from them. And 2 new controller 69. Their products other than the inline fans are junk.

2 Likes

Noooooooooooo… I’ve only had good experience with AC infinity so far…

1 Like

To be fair I have 5 or 6 of those oscillating fans, so they have all needed to be replaced once. Ac infinity will ship you one and then send a return label for the old one. They do have good customer service. “Danny” responds to me within 24hrs every time.

1 Like

I dam well HOPE Astral grow will replace something if it breaks DAMMMMIT.

1 Like

My controller 69 pro will change setting by itself. From on to off or auto or a different speed even. I asked Danny about it. He said oh yes it’s our server issue. Wtf how can my system change setting by itself. Had an exhaust fan turn off for 12hrs once before I noticed it.
Edit.also the controller 69pro won’t run one of my fans. It turns off and off every few seconds.
Danny says oh yes another software issue…

2 Likes

Be aware they have resedigned their osc fans a bit also. The new ones have the power cord coming out directly from the bottom of the fan. And the power cord is much much more rubbery/pliable.

Same.

I’ve been seeing a lot of hit/misses from 1st gen versions of some of their gadgets. I’m still hoping to find a CloudForge T3 and T7 at some point as not bad reviews so far :crossed_fingers:

It’s prob a contact manufacturer versus distributor situation but the folks at Astral are amazing and sending a quick inquiry to them via email can’t hurt.

Sadly a lot of companies are now seeming building new gear and then sending it out and expecting feedback from user in order to fix the issues… I miss the days when this was all done in house well BEFORE releasing the product!

Clearly some big time earner realized they’d get more silver coins by cutting out a section of the research department and have the consumer do it for them.

2 Likes

The cost of X returns is cheaper than the cost of X testing. Shame shame shame.

2 Likes

thats for sure they need to figure something out, ive spent over 1k on their products and have had way too many problems.
3 controller 69pro
5-6" exhaust fans
2-4" exhaust fans
5 oscillating fans
2 non osc fans.
i wont buy their products anymore. except to switch the bad one out and stick the old one in its packaging, for return

2 Likes

I bought one of the “redesigned” models with the new power cord and the instructions to zip tie the signal cable to the fan as a strain relief.

So far so good :+1: 4 months on 24/7.

Just make sure it doesn’t hit the walls while oscillating (duh)

1 Like

Wow you have not had good luck! I’ve read that same problem about their Wi-Fi controllers…. That would piss me off enough to never buy another one. Ever heard about that happening to the Bluetooth models??

How did the fans fail?

1 Like

Yooo! I found a T3 locally a couple weeks ago. So far it has been working perfectly.

no i think it only has to do with their pro/wifi versions connecting to their servers.
so the fan problems.
ive had them stop oscillating, i have had them clicking really bad while oscillating, and ive had 3 not run on two different wifi69 controllers. it just starts the fan(while counting up to the set speed) and then turns off and starts the same process over and over and over again.
also one had the power cord start to pull out(only the outer casing of the cables not the actual wires).

1 Like

Ah man my bad …. How did the inlines fail :joy::joy::joy:

1 Like

no those are the only ac inf products i would by. those have not had a single problem since owning them(few years, much longer than the osc fans).
edit: and those all work fine with the controllers. its just the osc fans.

2 Likes

Ohh I thought that was a list of stuff you’ve bought that failed…. Let me put this pipe away…

Thanks for keeping me company :joy:

2 Likes

I just called them and asked to verify what I purchased was actually Gen 2 or not.

They DID say they would help with manufactures warranty, otherwise no repair/return available.

So he’s gonna call me in a few hours and let me know IF what I’m getting is likely not junk. He did offer the Manual swivel fans vs auto swivel ugh.

He did say that specifically from his store he’s not received much negative feedback in this particular item, the AC infinity S6 auto fans

2 Likes

i think you will be happy with it. they draw much less wattage than a normal fan and again their customer service is top notch. if i message them about a problem they will get back to me and have the new one at my door in just about a week. then use the box to send the old one back. i havent have a fan stop working totally. just oscillation. the fan will still blow(maybe not using controller69).
edit: but i got another update for the controller69 yesterday or the day before, so lets see what issues this fixes or creates now.

1 Like

Did it have a card in the box telling you to zip tie the signal cable to the fan? Apparently that is a giveaway for the newest models.

2 Likes