Print It ALL! The 3D Print / Printer thread

Thats more what I thought. Minis on an FDM, eh, do-able, but as you know, resin is what everybody uses for them… The Anycubics are nice too… Lots of bigger size resins coming out lately too… I like the resin to print Mini-Z car bodies :smiley: no layer lines, smooth cars :smiley:

3 Likes

I keep drawing characters and scripts and storyboards for stop motion (and other things) How great would this be.
…Although I guess I would need a little more memory on my comp to handle a 3-d program like Blender. I draw on Krita but it is a 2-d illustration and not tasking on my comp memory. Never used Blender or the newer3-d photoshop. Still, I did late-night order a few little 1-6 scale Black knitted caps for one character lol I have looked into making a little table version of this drawing as well.

So I browsed Fiverr for a 3-d modeler and fell down a tunnel at some point I was emailing Chinese companies trying to find a price point I could accept lol Massive lots ( and also I have no real money, I was absolutely not serious just learning what if I was what would I be dealing with) That is some price point for those located near!! I will be rereading this and letting it wash over to familiar myself with being a 3-d printer. I appreciate the post.

4 Likes

Nice lol What program are you using? After my last message I remembered not only did I order a 1-6 scale knitted cap I also order a 1-6 black turtle neck ( embarrassed to say it cost as much as a real turtle neck ) I haven’t received. Different country but it has been a while.
Cool Lion.
We are going to have to talk in the future. I have a universe created in scripts and more ideas than years alive so even simple things like mini props or anything 3-d lol so possible anything to be made. What strains do you like lol

1 Like

Great thread!!! @Nagel420

10 Likes

I would draw from time to time as a kid for a month in highschool. Now I am just into everything.2-d stuff is the cheapest and easiest to understand. the old Astro boy intro, basically showed how animation was done and added that knowledge to info I got from d.v.d commentaries . Family guy is good about showing the process, lost cable started writing, made a animation of sorts on PS3 burnt copy and a 10 year lab top that choked a minute or two ever exported frame. pieced it together on a old Sony Vegas burn. unfortunately, i made a few edits, tried a few things and uploaded the wrong one soon after the computer had issues so I left the bad take. dumb exchange between the characters off camera instead of this car i drove by playing a song i made just for it lol while my characters bobbed there heads, instead i have a stupid break the 4th wall joke… anyways its very nude was going for some south park humor, was using the built in mic on the lap top as well. I have since moved on to a different set of characters and script to aid my music video world lol Fittin In Episode 1 Live Free ( sampler) - YouTube This episode was 35-50 pages, set for 22 min, I got to page 2 in like 7-10min , not sure what happened, even with out that 4th wall break /joke it was still to0 long, needed a director to cut the fat.

2 Likes

Alright, here are a few things I have messed with as recently.

Here is a little SIP container design I made in hopes of them helping how I run things in my veg/stasis tent (lol). 2 plants being tested in them at the moment 1 clone and 1 plant I did not know was an auto till it was a bit late, so when I realized what was going on I just threw it into one of these SIP pots. But I have geared up for switching over to mainly using these for some veging or little auto run.

I scaled the print down to 75% and 50% just for the hell of it, but the 50% is a no go and the 75% scale one will work but did not print as good as I would have hoped and I think its just from a scaling issue. Smallest one will turn into a decoration but the medium one may be fun to use.

Here is a link to @CrunchBerries thread where I have posted this and he also has lots of interesting info in this thread about how people use SIP containers. CrunchBerries’Probiotic SIP Thread - #52 by bassman5420

Older picture of a rough draft plant stake, words hit with a silver paint pen after done printing. They look a bit smoother with a few setting tweaks like ironing etc.

These are my pride and joy right here. My solution to my own growing problems/needs.

Tent spreader/trellis and wall support units. This set adds about 4"x4" to the tents canopy space.

Here is @BeagleZ using them in action for his 4x4 tent. BeagleZ Corner - #519 by BeagleZ
A quick tutorial video.

Desktop battery holder/organizer for mine and @Pluckyevil’s vape batteries

Only 1 thing needs said about this one…
OVERGROW THE WORLD!!!

I wont keep going on with this post, but there are all sorts of other things like 6in fan tent pole mounts, coin flip washers, various cord slips and organizers, plant training clips of various sizes and styles, etc etc etc.

Love 3d designing and printing :+1:

Now I might be forced to design my own seed holder and scrap the printed washers I make. I had it on my list of things to design, but I guess its getting bumped closer to the top now heh.

23 Likes

What were the issues scaling? Scaling up works almost 100% of the time. Scaling down, sometimes things disappear :wink: or holes close up. I do a LOT of scaling for the Model RR stuff…

2 Likes

The full sized print does fine or at least good enough (not perfect), but the 75% scale one just has some tolerance issues fitting the insert inside the pot and the sides of the pot printed a bunch of layers kind of weird along with some other little flaws to affect the fit of the insert. Not a massive issue, I can sand a little off the inserts to make them fit so I can test them at least. But if I liked the smaller size at all, I think I will just remake the design since I would rather have thicker walls and tweak a few areas anyways.

I am sure I could tweak some print settings and clean the 75% model up just doing that, but I honestly would rather use the full sized model. I would like to make a bigger one, but the print time and filament will be quite a bit more and then it makes less since to even print them heh.

2 Likes

I just wondered if they make 3 -d scanners, You most likely already know they do, that is kinda cool , like i am sure it’s glitchy but that is some star trek replicator action.

They sure do, you can even print one that works with your phone
look up photogrammetry

1 Like

quite amazing . everything you own you take apart and make a spare part for lol society halts you start printing everything you need lol Feel a little robbed. were was all this when I was young. (er) I didn’t get a computer until I was 30 I am a little behind on tec.and info i could have had years ago

It really is isn’t it? It opens up a lot of potential when someone has an idea. From quick solution to niche problems at home, all the way to full on product manufacturing.
I’ve watched people go from an idea to quickly prototyping on a printer. Then to full on end products machined in a factory being shipped to consumers withinin weeks. All from being able to rapid test an idea at home.

3 Likes

there is a long list of stuff i need before I get to any wants but I will get a decent computer and Blender. The list of things I want to do with that program is long. oh ya, my 1-6 scale turtle neck came in today. lol

I will. Big blender community out there. I will admit learning interfaces and new programs is like torch er for me. I write, it’s always affordable for me and simple far away from tec.,It is like understanding trade specific jargon but eventually the things it can do, also for 2-d, gives 2-d a cool look as well as camera angles and shots. lighting, pretty magical. Sound is even worse. I write songs as well, had no clue about engineering,boring technical and $$$$ I am slowly learning, not fun , i prefer word play and punch lines ect but what can I do. studios are $$ better off learning your self.

2 Likes

For softwares, I use a bunch depending on the need.

Quick rough sketches are done in Tinkercad. (Free). You can do ALOT with this super basic program

More technical parts with detail are done with Fusion360 (Free hobbyist license), and it even integrates with Tinkercad so you can start in Tinkercad, and refine in Fusion360. Great for functional items.

Organic shapes I prefer Blender. I designed my buddys scuba boat in Blender, was the only way I could figure out the complex curves in the hull. Great for minis and other sculpture items.

Its good to note, all three programs are free / free for hobby use, they all have big communities and lots of good tutorials on Youtube as well.

7 Likes

nothing to see here

7 Likes

Thank you brother for ALL your hard work.

Can’t wait! It’s been an excellent experience working with you too brother.

OG’s where it’s at !!! :pray:t2::+1:t2::heart::sunglasses:

2 Likes

this is awesome!

1 Like

Hell ya, I dig it. I have been trying to think of what I want to do with some of mine still heh.

This is the topic if you need to get the job done or offer your printing services:

7 Likes