Proposal: OG Welcome Pack - Brainstorm with me

This is perfect timing almost for me. I’ve got some super silver yo mama f2s going, (current pics will be up tonight in the bodhi thread) but they have a very interesting smell to me, real loud, and the line is discontinued I’m pretty sure. They’re finishing most likely by the new year and I’ve got like 10 left, not to sure, but I would be more than happy to run them for seed.

They also underwent a lot of stress this run, ph issues, n deficiency, etc and have still produced buds with very nice terp profiles. I’d say this could be beginners worthy. Oh, and it has ssh as the mom so there’s some haze.

4 Likes

No. I don’t like the idea at all. Not that I’m against giving seed away. Cos I’m gonna be doing just that. But let’s not fuck about trying to make some system to send out seeds. It’s been a case of if you wanna trade. Trade. If you want testers. Ask for testers. Why bounce seeds about the planet unnecessarily for someone to divvy them out or maybe not divvy them out and just sit on them.
We don’t need a system in place to take over an unwritten system that already works. We don’t need beurocracy here. Does no one any favours

9 Likes

Sounds to good for the n00bs. It’s Bodhi, everybody will want it. lol

5 Likes

While I am not currently able to take up an additional seed run, I am still enthusiastic about the idea. There is no reason why this couldn’t begin as a distributed effort.
I have found that, with abundant seeds, the regular postage is trivial. An inch or two of seed-loaded irrigation tubing stopped with cotton goes into an envelope (maybe a sheet of bubble wrap) with a stamp on it. Send 20, if they don’t arrive, send more.

Until we are up and running it could be informal, “secret”, and free. We could keep a list of willing “welcomers” and coordinate a welcome.

Still brainstorming. Several ideas here are pre-coffee.

2 Likes

Haha I probably should’ve read the rest of the ideas to see how we’ve gotten here. What are the prerequisites to do a co-op preservation run? I’d be down to do one with the rest of these for the people who really wanna run them.

3 Likes

Check the following threads (first postings).

4 Likes

I think @MomOnTheRun and @Sebring are the driving forces behind the preservation runs.

4 Likes

I’ve got some thinking to do I see lol. Will check these out after work for sure.

2 Likes

And they do it well. Extremely well.

6 Likes

Right? I am very excited. Watching my mail.

2 Likes

I will be too to have a go of the other purple Badlands when the time comes. Be good to see some variations from original seed runs/my f2’s and MOTR’s f2’s.

2 Likes

If your interested in adding them to the preservation runs, pm either me or Sebring and we’ll get ya set up for it :wink:

:heart_eyes: Its a concerted effort for sure!

No need to watch your mail…yet. Herijuana is on its way to me - once it gets here, the distributors will be the 1st to get their boxes with the rest going out probably just after Christmas :wink:

Exciting! I definitely wanna see! They will be in the April box :wink:

4 Likes

Can’t say I’ll be able to drop them as soon as they land but I’ll make sure to document the run when I’m ready. As soon as these tangie kush x rainbow kush drop seed I’ll be putting them in Coco for round 2. Only looking like I’ll get about 50 seeds at the moment off the little lady :sweat_smile: there’s a few people that are getting some of every Chuck including this one. After everyone involved is sorted I’ll post up another giveaway for the rest of the spares

3 Likes

I’m doing an auto grow with 2 Red Poison x Dark Devils…I’m leaning towards hitting them with some Greenhouse Seeds Big Bang Auto femmed pollen. Would give a few hundred femmed ‘Big Red Devil’ seeds to the welcome packs. If it helps Overgrow, it helps us all!

6 Likes

Will do. Soon as these are done and I’ve got the soil and such for the seed tent, I can get right on it.

1 Like

Wouldn’t it also be good to do a couple different versions of the pack? OG Classics Presents: The Afghans! OGC Presents: The Thais!
Because a pack with any sativa dominant strains is wasted on someone such as myself. Sativas always exacerbate my mental issues, especially since I became brain damaged, and I can even hallucinate and go into a psychotic freakout…
Indicas on the other hand relieve me of my physical pain, and a great deal of my existential dread.
We wouldn’t wanna sell people seeds of existential dread!

2 Likes

Honestly, wouldn’t it be easier to recommend a strain or a direction and users just go and buy it at a seedbank in their area? $20–30 should get them a 3pack or better to start with, or a few packs from Sebring plus shipping outside of the US.

I don’t see how OG is going to provide this, and on top is supposed to cater for everybody’s special needs. An auto or photo pack here, an indica or sativa pack there, Not saying it shouldn’t happen if there are people volunteering, but to me it seems like there are not a lot really.

3 Likes

I just took a bong rip and had an idea, that’s all

1 Like

That’s what a brainstorming thread is for. I did not mean any negativity towards you. Please continue to share your ideas :slight_smile:

I just think personally I lost the enthusiasm about the idea a bit as it seems less feasible the longer this thread continues and I tend to agree more to the people that were sceptical from the beginning.

4 Likes

Cool! I just got here. I’m sure I’ll be more caught up and properly cynical once I’ve broken in my old bar stool from '05.
I actually was doing a power-to-the-people giveaway right before OG went down with my own Lowryder hybrids. Little did I know the market would be fucking raped in half by the autoflower craze…

2 Likes