Purple buds...who grows them?

Strain is Alien Moonrocks by Twisted Tree Autoflowers. This one is going purple, maybe even black, in her flowers and leaves. Her sister is showing a bit of lighter/brighter purple in her flowers, and chlorophyll is starting to break down from colder dark time temps, allowing some anthocyanin to show through in her leaves.

This strain IS known to show lots of purple, so it isn’t so rare. Possibly worth noting this is my first grow, so I feel very privileged and lucky to be experiencing this fun transformation. :slightly_smiling_face:

Edit: age is 43 days today

27 Likes

@kushdaddy @Banquo Y’all have a couple of beautiful plants there! This is my 3rd cycle with the purple and I’m just as excited as I was in the beginning. Im in love :purple_heart:

2 Likes

If only my phone took better pics. Getting a 1000x digital scope soon, so I’ll try to remember to add a pic from that sometime right around chop day, both plants. Her sister is beautiful in her own right, just not nearly as striking. Thank you very much for the compliment. I’m fairly certain this has become my new favorite hobby as well. :sweat_smile:

1 Like

I’m picturing a cola sticking out of your shoulder like a second head.
That “sucks” that you had all females. There is pollen to be had soon, some dank stuff being grown now. Collect a few different types and dust a clone with each :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1 Like

When I joined the original overgrow.com, I was fascinated by purple weed, hence my user name. I’ve grown a number of strains that show their purple traits in the cooler weather, but the most purple strain I’ve grown is this one. I forget the exact strain, but it’s crossed with Blue Lights.

45 Likes

@Purple-N-Hairy fascinated and now obsessed would describe my interest. Those pic are killer! So many colors along with the purple. Is that a sativa dominant hybrid?

2 Likes

Thanks, @PurpsNTerps! That strain was actually an indica dominant strain. I just stopped growing it this summer or I would have been happy to send you some clones. I asked the community if they wanted to supply some pollen for a possible collaboration, but I got crickets. So, she’s gone for good! Also, I had a serious issue with the breeder, which is why I will never again give credit (and pulled her out of the rotation).

Here’s a shot showing a better view of the plant:

16 Likes

Here’s a few more pics. Believe me when I say I have taken more than a few pics! Lol…yes im a proud parent. The last pic is what the typical Royal Gorilla looks like i suppose.

41 Likes

@Purple-N-Hairy that looks like it had decent weight to it. And you quit growing it for why exactly? Mine is mildly hermie, but the stamens pollen seem to be inactive. No seeds on any plants in the room in two cycles ive had her. I’d like to breed that out and tighten up the buds. Thats my goal over time. The buzz is really good and long lasting but more Indica like.

3 Likes

Like I said, I had issues with the breeder. He grabbed some of my photos from overgrow.com and used them in his listings for the strain on a variety of websites. I would have been happy to let him use them, but he didn’t ask. I sent him a message asking about it and he lost his shit! He called me some very vulgar things and said I gave him permission. I simply asked him to prove it (because I know he never even asked) and he showed me some Instagram messages that he had with someone who clearly did not have my photos on his Instagram account, or even the same quality or “setting” of photos that I have. This dude was so fucking insane! He lifted my pics without permission, used them commercially, claimed I gave him permission, he PROVED I did not, but would never cop to it. He’s such a raging asshole that I wanted nothing in my life to remind me of him. So - strain deleted!

Here’s another strain that really shows its purple traits when the weather is cool: Girl Scout Cookies Extreme. I’ll be crossing her with other strains, so it’s possible that I’ll get another purple-leaning pheno out of that project.

As for your breeding project, if you’re trying to breed a hermie trait out - I truly wish you luck with that. Please keep us posted on your results!

27 Likes

I find the colors continue up the base of the trichome also it comes out in the wash when you make bubble hash.

It looks reddish under the halogen light.

12 Likes

Has anyone here grown JOTIs Gods space needle?

33 Likes

Wow. Hopefully it isn’t the lights making it pink like that! Beautiful

1 Like

I was looking for that, but the leaves are indeed green so it shouldn’t be blurple type lighting.
Also, brought up on the other purple thread that I saw,

21 Likes

I’ve only grown one purple lemonade she did purple but nothing like the pic above .

3 Likes

They never do :pensive:. It’s those cherry picked pics or that special phenos, which really isn’t fair with autos since you can’t clone the keeper.

4 Likes

Trust me, the pics shown vs what you get is often a LOT worse when buying corals online :sweat_smile:. Even if you buy it as “what you see is what you get” pieces. With corals, they change and morph colors based on the light you use, and the vendors usually grow them and take pics under almost all blue light so you see a stunning glow but under normal lighting it’s very plain.

4 Likes

I have something flipping soon that looks promising. Will let u know if we get the color I’ve been looking for

8 Likes

Thats for sure about corals i had reef tanks for a long time and used to grow corals lps sps etc etc i sold them.to local. Saltwater and marine stores theycalways wanted. And prefered locally grown stuff

Peaceout and stay safe

2 Likes

How about a purple male :sunglasses:

63 Likes