Purple Unicorn

At an F5 I’d think it should be pretty stable right? I wish I would’ve grabbed a pack of this.

3 Likes

most likely stable to what traits the breeder wanted expressed ; yes, likely

lots to learn out there…found this the other day…

5 Likes

Wow! If that’s the unicorn of the strain, we’ll worth searching for and preserving/cloning. Hope it’s not just a temp induced trait.

4 Likes

here’s Mean Genes awards and Cups won listed on IG…

2 Likes

Oh yea. I know who menegene is. I was just showcasing a representation of the Purple Unicorn that this thread is about.

5 Likes

PU has zero purple that is temp induced . Everyone , no matter what the conditions are has completely purple flowers from the day they start to form.
The best part is it is purple AND potent

11 Likes

Super stoked to see how these turn out…

I’ve been running Bodhi’s Purple Unicorn cut for around 3 years… we’ll actually it’s the second PU cut dubbed the dead ringer. in actuality it’s a RKU f2 selection. The original purple unicorn cut was a little fussy and only passed to Riot if I remember correctly.

The colors, aroma, and yield are off the charts… Genetically purple, blackberry garbage funk, and big production.

Bodhi released the original RKU f1, PUF3 hybrids, and now the pure PUF5.

These will be a great building block for purple hybrids!

22 Likes

I ran a cross of RKU x Grandmaster Tahoe that someone made and a couple of the plants had pink and purple trichs. Was very cool :slight_smile:

1 Like

Welcome doc d. Nice to see you here. Big fan of your work.

8 Likes

I will be moving them to 5x5s here in a few days. Flower tent is empty. Gonna give it a good scrub down and get it ready for the next run.

24 Likes

Do you literally spray it with soap water, and scrub it out? If that’s seems like a dumb question, this is my first tent grow.

4 Likes

Bleach and water in a spray bottle. Wipe it dry with a clean cloth. I spray my light fixtures and fans too.

5 Likes

No question is a dumb question!

5 Likes

I subscribe to that though process as well, but not everyone does. I have a friend that uses a ozonator at his commercial grow between set of plants to santize and kill pests. I imagine it could be a disaster if you skipped this step.

I greatly appreciate the advice. Everyone here has been extremely helpful.

5 Likes

Nah, not temp induced… it turns purple every single time, and it turns everything it touches purple, and i would bet many of the buds that came from any cross, crossed to another strain, would turn purple… it’s like the funk from that seinfeld episode with the car valet… only not nasty.

4 Likes

Freakin awesome hehe. Ever since @RandomHumanoid posted the thread asking about what strains reliably turn purple, and a few other strains with very nice colors, I’ve wanted to have one that is purple like a purple basil :laughing:
I also recently saw a pic of Archive’s Polynesian thin mint posted by @iamyou_youareme that was basically what I was imagining.

1 Like

Looks like some amazing stuff is going on in here. Wasn’t around when this started but it doesn’t get much better than this.

1 Like

Looking good. Excited to see what you get. Mine have been showing preflower really early. Already got one girl (topped and cloning), one dude, and one that I swear has male and female parts. Definitely hairs on it and what look like balls forming on other nodes. I’ll be keeping an eye on that one! 🥸 Still early to tell for sure.

27 Likes

Those look nice and healthy @schmarmpit

1 Like

Purple Unicorn F5 in the red outline.

26 Likes