Quick question about Mag Sulfate

I’m kinda liking the calimagic numbers better. I think less chance of overdoing the sulfur in veg and risk antagonizing something else. Closer to 4-1-2 K,Ca,Mg ratio.

2 Likes

Great minds lol!

1 Like

Diff recipe. Less Mag-Pro for lower P, +epsom.

Just tossing this stuff out there while I’m at the PC.
Interesting how the DG mag-pro has gobs of P and K, lil bit of Mg.

1 Like

Now, I’m comparing your numbers to other common recipes…Not that all of these are veg specific. Everything across the board for comparitive…

4 Likes

I totally agree. That’s why I’m thinking of ditching it all together, and just going the epsom salt route for increased mg.

1 Like

I’d ditch it for MKP and calimagic… and maybe Epsom.

1 Like

Ooh. Very interesting. My total ppm seems much lower than most of these recipes. My tap adds another 150ppm.

2 Likes

My base tap is pretty decent. I have not had a need for cal-mag for a few runs. That’s why I wanted to go the epsom route to try and fix purple stems without adding to much Ca.

Agreed. I’m going to check out that mag mono by canna also.

1 Like

You ever do a water test to find out what it’s contributing?

3 Likes

I overlooked the tap. May not need any Calimagic…indeed would be good to know approx ppm of Ca in dat tap. I don’t have enough experience about tap to even guestimate the PPM it might contain.

Based on this feed chart, the Mag Pro is more like a PK booster.

2 Likes

It doesn’t usually occur to me either. I have really soft water, so I never get anything for free. :joy: it’s a good problem to have though

2 Likes

No. I’ve always been to nervous to do that. I’ve looked up old reports on line, but I could never find ones that had ppm of each element.

They do recommend it as a PK boost for flower. They’re feed chart has it added for weeks 3-4 of veg.

1 Like

You would think with a name like mag pro, it would be more like a stand alone Mg product but with such high P, and very little Mg, it’s kind of miss leading.

1 Like

Hello @lefthandseeds. I just wanted to run something by you quick. I did some checking, and with the nutes
I have, and a little bit of Calimagic, the K-Ca-Mg ratio is 4,3,1. You think that is workable?

1 Like

If anyone else would happen to know, please don’t hesitate to reply. Thanks in advance everyone!

I thought it was 9/6/2? I’m a little confused, maybe it is 4.5/3/1?

Let me put something together in hydrobuddy. I can’t really recommend without looking at this point.

1 Like

How about this. If you are mixing 10mL foliage pro, use 2mL CaliMagic and 1g Epsom.

Don’t worry about interactions and sulfur. It’s good for plants and it doesn’t interact much with anything until you get to high concentrations.

1 Like

I think I might have made a mistake. My percentages with Protekt, Calimagic, and Foliage pro, are 9% K, 7%Ca, and 2%Mg. I thought that came out to a 4,3,1, ratio. Not sure if I’m figuring that out right?