Ready to harvest? Post your pics and get advice 🌸

Good idea on the tooth pick.
:green_heart::seedling:

1 Like

Based on the attached pics of my second grow, how much longer? One, two, three weeks, or don’t ask until late May? I found scattered amber trichs. this morning and noticeable fading each day.

During my first grow I told forum members exactly what day I was on for all questions. I didn’t understand that growing days/results can vary wildly due to various factors. I received a wild ass range of chop dates man. One said I was too late! Dozens others chimed in with one more week to one more month! Oh, and of course, some class clown suggested ‘more calmag’. I made my own decision to chop her down at 102 days from seed.

Today, during this second grow, I’ll ask for opinions regarding chop day solely based on these pics.
Hopefully these pics reveal enough to consider Trichs, Fade, and Pistils.

6 Likes

I would prefer trich pics but I’d say you’ve got 2 weeks to go based on what I see.

4 Likes

I always go to 10 weeks from flip and then start checking the amount of amber trichs.

Your going to get different answers as most people like lower or higher amounts of CBN the component that causes the trichs to go amber. You also have to take into consideration the environment you are growing in will affect when the plant is ready to be harvested and variable’s in the strain.

I think like Foreinger said, they are not ready yet, just keep checking them every other day.

3 Likes

First thing I suggest is throw away the calendar. When all those white pistils turn color and recede it’s time to start thinking about harvest. As long as those white pistils are standing up they are showing you growth is still occurring. Harvest time is a personal preference but should not be considered while buds are still growing IMO.

7 Likes

This right here :point_up_2:

Plus I would say purchase a loop and look at your trich’s they don’t lie.

Judging by your set up though you may want to take a peek over here

Or you could save yourself a bunch of time and just get a wireless one like this :point_down:

1 Like

First grow ever. What do you think?

8 Likes

9 Likes

@Themouse1967 I would say check again in a week. They are close, but not quite ripe IMO.

4 Likes

Looks great.

What’s senescence?

Senescence is plant death. :wink:

3 Likes

Ahh gotcha

What ever did I do to deserve these beautiful plants !!! I think I still have one blue monster fem seed left. Grew 2/3. First wasn’t close to this.

Think shes ready???

10 Likes

Not ready yet…
All those white pistils indicate the buds are still stacking. When they diminish, bud growth will slow to a halt.
Then you want to pick the exact harvest date by trichome development.

Cheers
G

5 Likes

I generally wait until most white pistils are gone, then go by smell.
They’ll smell extra sweet one day.
Or the smell fades out.
That’s when I chop.

3 Likes

Foreigner, Thanks for replaying. I pulled out a cheap loupe and took pics! This is the best I can do with a cheap $10 Jeff Bezos dot com marvel and iPhone. All pics of buds only and not the lower fan leaves as I did in my first grow :slight_smile: Attached photos below.

6 Likes

Thanks
That one was taken a couple of days ago I think .

I did notice the white hairs/pistils. They are colouring now
I’m okay with buds stacking still
Took a photo outside of tent just now

Everything is gettn Close . Running dehumidifier t keep humidity low.

Feelin a urge to poke lol. Might start trimming some while still Alive …

[

5 Likes

I do that too… :rofl:
It’s easier to strip them while rooted in a pot…

Cheers
G

1 Like

Rogue, I don’t want to tell ya or even think of how many white pistils I saw on my first grow when I chopped her down. On my second grow now and spending more time observing and listening to the plants than fussing over approximate calendar dates.

2 Likes