Ready to harvest? Post your pics and get advice 🌸

Looks great.

What’s senescence?

Senescence is plant death. :wink:

3 Likes

Ahh gotcha

What ever did I do to deserve these beautiful plants !!! I think I still have one blue monster fem seed left. Grew 2/3. First wasn’t close to this.

Think shes ready???

10 Likes

Not ready yet…
All those white pistils indicate the buds are still stacking. When they diminish, bud growth will slow to a halt.
Then you want to pick the exact harvest date by trichome development.

Cheers
G

5 Likes

I generally wait until most white pistils are gone, then go by smell.
They’ll smell extra sweet one day.
Or the smell fades out.
That’s when I chop.

3 Likes

Foreigner, Thanks for replaying. I pulled out a cheap loupe and took pics! This is the best I can do with a cheap $10 Jeff Bezos dot com marvel and iPhone. All pics of buds only and not the lower fan leaves as I did in my first grow :slight_smile: Attached photos below.

6 Likes

Thanks
That one was taken a couple of days ago I think .

I did notice the white hairs/pistils. They are colouring now
I’m okay with buds stacking still
Took a photo outside of tent just now

Everything is gettn Close . Running dehumidifier t keep humidity low.

Feelin a urge to poke lol. Might start trimming some while still Alive …

[

5 Likes

I do that too… :rofl:
It’s easier to strip them while rooted in a pot…

Cheers
G

1 Like

Rogue, I don’t want to tell ya or even think of how many white pistils I saw on my first grow when I chopped her down. On my second grow now and spending more time observing and listening to the plants than fussing over approximate calendar dates.

2 Likes

I never even look at how many days of flowering it’s been anymore. :smile:
Plants don’t follow calendars, they do whatever the fuck they want.

7 Likes

If you need something to smoke that’s a different story that is not ready you got a minute to go brother. Maybe two weeks. Using a flushing agent helps get rid of those heavy metals. If you don’t wanna do that then just use water. It’ll turn those leaves brown. Looks great by the way the one is beautiful I love the colors.

2 Likes

Howdy Hemp! Another two weeks sounds like a good goal. That would put it between 9-10 weeks and GDP is approximately 9 to 10 week flower time. We’ll see what she looks like then. This morning I swear I saw more weight on them!

3 Likes

Decided to continue feeding as I’ll need to go another two weeks. That would put it between 9-10 weeks and GDP is approximately 9 to 10 week flower time. We’ll see what she looks like then. This morning I swear I saw more weight on them!

1 Like

The last 4 weeks is when they bulk up the most :+1:

3 Likes

One of my top heavy GDP colas was falling over. “I bring so many bud gifts I can’t stand upright”. Very nice problem to have. I had seen this in other grow journals and wondered if mine would ever get that large. It happened! Today I gently tied a soft support elastic thread on the branch and up to ceiling support. THIS DID NOT HAPPEN ON MY FIRST GROW! In fact, this second grow doing much better!

10 Likes

That is nice looking. I’m happy for you.

1 Like

Hello all,

I recently joined this forum, what a great resource and welcoming community.

No pics to post but rather a question about harvest time question.

Just finishing up my 3rd grow, 2 plants a grow and have had mixed results. Generally speaking, when I have harvested on the early side the quantity has been less but the effectiveness of the plant was much more potent. My last grow I waited longer and had a bigger harvest but the quality of the smoke was off.

So, is the general consensus that potency diminishes the longer you wait to harvest?

Thanks!

5 Likes

I don’t feel that’s the case. Also depends on what your idea of early is. Pics would definitely help. Lastly harvest times are subjective to one’s personal tastes.

5 Likes