Ready to harvest? Post your pics and get advice 🌸

I have a phone gimball my girl uses for OF content. I’m gonna try putting phone in there

Day 70. Cali connection poison OG auto

9 Likes

Great shots!
Now you are cooking with gas! :wink: :vulcan_salute:

I’m seeing mostly clear but moving towards cloudy.
I like mine on the early side but I’d give that about another week (check about day 4 to see how it’s progressing).

Cheers
G

Another week? I figured like 3-4 still

1 Like

A lot depends on the strain, if this is supposed to be fairly quick strain (like most of the commercial polyhybrids) can change quickly but a long flower sativa… 3~4 weeks? … no problemo, Hasta mañana… :call_me_hand: :wink:

Personally I’d hold out for 5% amber (didn’t see any yet) but it really comes down to how you like your buzz.
Some folks wait for 50% amber but I like peaky vs stony, it seems to open up more creativity instead of body stone for me.

Another trick is to take some early and some later, cure and see what you like best.

Now you are running that microscope like a pro you have great data to go by.

Cheers
G

1 Like

Ha that’s my cell phone but I put it into my girlfriends gimball we use for her onlyfsns account , gets rid of my steady hand problems.

2 Likes

I have a really good phone camera plus I take a lot of pics.
That helps in two ways. I get lots of practice, and it gives me lots of pictures to choose the best from.

The more you zoom the more shake is magnified and this is definitely true with a microscope. With a microscope I take a small pair of snips or scissors and cut out a calyx and use the scope stationary on its stand.

For I also have a canon DSLR that I set up on a tripod with extra lights on harvest day to get the last pictures of the buds.

1 Like

Day 82…. Cali connect poison OG auto…… don’t see any amber but then again my skills there suck… here are some bud pics. Harvest? I don’t see this strain on their site anymore but all the current autos they offer say 100+ days. At that rate my photos may finish before my auto…… thoughts?

7 Likes

Cut a small piece off and lay it flat on a black background then line up your scope :microscope:

In your first photo the trichomes are milky. The question is how do you like the effects more racy or sedated? For a more racy high, you’re there now.

3 Likes

I thought sativa vs Indica only changed races? Where in photo do you see cloudy?

When I zoomed in on the first photo, the trichomes look white. As @duo suggested, cut a small piece off and put it under a microscope. Or try to get a better photo of the first image. What I meant by “racy” is a more cerebral versus a body high. Chopping a Sativa or Indica early will give you the cerebral head high.

How are these photos

10 Likes

Better, there is a mix of clear and cloudy trichomes. I think you said the strain goes 100 days and you’re at day 82. Depending on buzz/effect you are going for, 100 days may do it.

I’ll give them another two weeks

1 Like

If you can keep them watered for the ten days your gone, I would wait. You’ll probably come back to amber trichromes.

1 Like

I actually could but i am afraid that when i get back it will be past 50/50 and mostly amber or something. Not really sure what to worry about but im worried lol

That auto is amazing! So yes I’ve had autos finish right along with photos. The autos just effect veg time til it flips itself but if sativa dom very possible. I’ve seen autos with 120+ days from sprout never grew just breeders notes.
@seeds2weeds if some amber and going by leaf fade chopit chopit! Ten more days and you may have knock out smoke.lol. Or harvest tops and leave some lowers to finish more. They are usually behind but they might be perfectly where you want them. If not you didn’t cook your whole harvest. Just an idea

1 Like

Well there’s always plan B✂️

1 Like

Hi there, I was hoping I could get some input please. Seeing the details of the trichs is hard for me with my vivosun magnifier (I plan to get one of the digital ones), but they all look all/most cloudy and maybe a few amber here and there. The plant is at day 67. Think it’s time for harvest, or looking like it needs more time?

24 Likes