Real Chem 91

This could definitely all be accurate. It does sound like someone trying to sell something though. Talk about how great it is and then create urgency.

3 Likes

It was definitely shiva shanti that I grew from sensi seed Bank, actually both shanti 2 as well. Got them directly from sensi in their packaging, from memory the shanti 1 was much more smelly and just better overall. The clone dude brought back was just a better individual than what I grew in my pack. Almost positive his was shiva shanti bc thats what made me get the seeds, and they were spot on skunky, mothballs, garlic. Really weird smell. I found another old ass photo of my shiva shanti, it actually doesn’t look chem like to me. Too short I think? They actually still sell it!

7 Likes

18 Likes

I have done tons of work with all of the Chems (except Chem #3) I LOVE Chem D, it smells like gym socks in flower but the flavor it absolutely amazing and totally different. Massive yielder too. Variegated as well. Chem #4 I never liked. Buds were too airy and the smoke just never quite up to par. It may have been because I may not have had the best grows with her. Chem 91 skva and the JB cut are pretty awesome but only for breeding purposes as they have both lost their luster and I never had a great grow with either one. I did have some decent grows though, enough to make me reverse them and hit them with my male Stardawg pollen.

I obtained cuts of Chem 91 skva from a mutual friend with Bodhi’s blessing. I forget his name. Doc is what I called him, he ran his own seed company too, I also forget what it was called. I also sourced cuts of authentic JB Chem 91 but I forget where. Yes I have absolutely atrocious memory, this is why I write things down, but I lost all my data to a hard drive failure.

I reversed Chem 91’ with Bodhis blessing to my harem of elite clone onlys (I had about 50 elites at the time). I hit a bunch of my chem work as well.

I also have been trying to create a seed line based on the original JB cut of 91 that I call “JB Diesel”. I think I got it from Metadoneth but could be mistaking. But I have worked it for two generations of selections now and I still have both pollen and the two seed lines I originally started with.

I was also blessed to be gifted cuts of the infamous “Bob”, the male Stardawg that my bro Monkey had and also did breeding work with. Bob was so stinky that a rooted 4 inch cutting would stink up a veg room with no issues. Loudest male ever encountered in my life, hands down. I hit about 50-60 of my elite clone onlys, everything from bubba kush, to chem 4, to fire og and blue dream. All the really good old school elites.

I was also a bit of a historian. I started “True Source Genetics” because all of my cuts are true sourced genetics. I get them either directly from the original holder or from a trusted second hand. I always sourced my cuts though to ensure authenticity. But I got to know everyone along the way. I think Ive talked to every single person that has anything to do with Chem, OG, Bubba Kush, and Sour Diesel. Not PBud but just about everyone else though including KloppGlass or whaterver his name is lol.

I also used to do strain reviews. Like really extensive full on reviews that set a standard. Including photography and tips and stuff. And the cuts history. All this stuff is lost to secret forums that dont exist anymore. Maybe I could salvage a few from one or two forums that still may exist. Like the Cabana. Is it still around?

Yes I still have a bunch of my old work, the seeds are still great and germ rates are still high. I do not know if I will be running any anytime soon though. lol

~Doc

22 Likes

wutup dude long time no see

6 Likes

Welcome to OG, @DocGreenStone ! You’ll find a lot of old friends like @Cannavore here, we’ve got a thread for members of older forums to reunite I’ll link you to, and an introduction thread that’s also pretty busy to say hello to everyone if you want to. The Canna Cabana is still up, I don’t know if their archives are complete but I know that we always love to have original growers back to repost and comment on some history, especially when that’s documentation of genetics still around!

Unlike a lot of the old forums there aren’t any restrictions or censorship here when talking about other forums or seed banks, you might have noticed already. So feel free to link us to anything you find, but also please do repost text and photos here and give us any updates or thoughts you’d like to contribute. A lot of the old forums and their archives are lost to history but we’re trying to bring back as much as we can here on OG! Maybe your own topic in the #breeders-lab is in order?

That must have been Doc D, much love for him here! He’s getting set back up to restart his operation here in the US after going to Mexico for a few years, his seed company is Doc D/Magic Spirit Seed Co

7 Likes

True in GWOT era Afghans as well.
OGA guys brought back seeds from Helmand to Kabul to Islamabad, everywhere…they kept going back to planting GDP

Afghan lines arent a selected line. They exist as a living field crop, and are all hashed. Lots of shotty plants, some good ones, they all get sieved together - even the males.
In Afghanistan, 100 acres is no big deal. In the US, 100 plants are a big deal. Thus, selective breeding comes into play, and with it, stellar lines. Look at how Colombian exports were line bred in the US to make Haze. Since then, many Colombian lines have been smuggled back and released - seems like Cannabiogen/Vibes came out with the only good Colombian, the rest were commercial trash. Oaxacan is nice, but combine it with a Swazi x Thai thats been selected for years and now you have Hawaiian.

Another facet of Hadji hash is that its not just cannabis they put in there to get you high. Anything from opium to the scopolamine family of drugs. Afghanistan was a nation filled with the finest cannabis, til the Cold War turned the Afghans into an opiate cartel. This is why breeders look back to the past for old lines made with old Afghans

Cheers to Nevil for speaking truth on all that

11 Likes

some say that it’s in Chem D (have to look-up the "genetic family of on seedfinders.eu)

2 Likes

Seemings there been some banter about Shiva Shanti-I thought I’d share this postcard my friend gave me from when she visited the Dam back in the day

9 Likes

Fletcher from Archive Genetics aka @thedocta taking about Chem lineage in 2015

@ThaDocta
Mar 18, 2015
Post #704

No offense Lambs-Bread, but that is an awful lot of assumptions in that post. Probably cause more problems than solutions posting all that. Might wanna edit to prevent newb’s from making some crazy assumptions, none of which are based in fact.

There is absolutely no evidence to support TK, Shiva Shanti, Garlic Bud, and Chem91 are even related at all in the history of Sour Diesel. Original Chem 91 is bagseed from Norcal/Oregon Border dank herb. Nothing more, nothing less. Please don’t assume that they have anything to do with each other without strong evidence.

There is not any evidence that TK has anything to do with chem lines, or whether it, or the original “OG” cut came first. Chicken or the egg, no way to know. TK didn’t show up online until 2006, years after OG cuts seeds and hybrids had been sold by the thousands… OG Kush had been passed around as a clone, s1 seeds, and hybrids for 5 years at that point when it first hit the internet in 2001 with Orgnkid. There were several growers online from Florida in the early 2000’s. Most of them got cuts of the OG from Orgnkid, and no one ever made any comments about a local strain being the same. No one online had ever mentioned Triangle Kush from what I remember until Big Ricky and Krome came online…

I have no Idea where you got TK is made of Lemon Thai x Hindu Kush x PTK… PTK wasn’t even a strain back then, because TomHill made that in recent years. The Lemon Thai Hindu Kush backstory is from this asshole John and his old cohort in business, Kailua Kid. And their asshat “brothel brothers” seed company. They completely fabricated the John from Grass Valley, Lemon Thai x Kush, back story and it is complete and utter bullshit. I knew John personally and first hand saw him concoct that story. Please Stop perpetuating it in any fashion.

SO TO CLARIFY, ACCORDING TO NEW INFORMATION FROM AJ, although some other CHEM guys like JJ think it may have been a different cross…

Chem 91 = Bagseed from Norcal/Oregon around 1991. Popped by "Chemdog"

Sour Diesel = Chem 91 x Mid 90’s Sensi SuperSkunk Hermi.

Sensi Super Skunk purchased by Weasel in Amsterdam, Chem Clone from “Chemdog” crew. Mass Superskunk aka Virginia Superskunk was not in the Garden that Weasel scored the Sour Diesel seed from.

The only other plants in the room in which the seed that created Sour Diesel was found were: NL#5, Sensi Superskunk, and Hawaiian Indica. So, technically, any of those could have been the father, but according to AJ and Weasel, based on smell/taste/growth/plant, the Sensi Superskunk was the most likely culprit for pollen.

IMHO, TK and the OG Kush lines have zero to do with any of this. Please stop.

Lambs-Bread has some decent responses worth reading there but it’s more about TK overall

7 Likes

a small tester chem d bud, this strain has some really nice funk. liking her quite a lot right now.

need to do some work with this one, if i can keep her around that is.

peace …

12 Likes

Yeah, that’s why I was saying the paki/lemon thai stuff is dubious af. We have originstk and Marty saying it was emerald triangle x the seedbank Hindu kush aka nl2 x kush4.

No one knows what that emerald triangle is tho…

5 Likes

Man I rember brothel bros seeds and sierra seeds. Thise were both Kalia kids, and both were so damn controversial lol. I remember all the chemdog fighting that would go on in threads way back. Too funny

2 Likes

Except if you grow both the TK and the 91 next to each other you’re gonna have a hell of a hard time figuring out which is which. Hell, you’d have a hard time telling the flowers apart if you aren’t intimately aware of the smells/flavors of both. There’s times I swear I grabbed triangle but go to pack and smoke it later and have to double take that it’s not actually chem91 by mistake. There is definitely such a thing as convergent evolution. Two different species looking the same, but it’s damn near uncanny. Can just look at the both of them next to each other, plant and/flower, and there’s all the evidence you need right there imo. IDK why he would even dispute that.

11 Likes

I’d have to agree. From the lanky growth, to the nugs, and the flavor. I would be more surprised if they weren’t related.

4 Likes

hold_my_beer.jpeg

"You’re Welcome" - Turd McCormick

7 Likes

OGK predates Chem. There’s also a good possibility Chem came from those “Kush” pounds sold in Orlando FL.

The whole Dog bud from Oregon story could just be a fabricated lie for sales.

5 Likes

are you sure it can infect cannabis
hplvd it dudding, very different symptoms

1 Like

That user was a sock account that got banned, has been banned under many names

3 Likes

i was intriged by his assumptions

2 Likes