ReikoX's Auto Projects

I think this is the best thread I have found on this site so far!

@ReikoX your description of your breeding program for Auto CBD (Juanita) is awesome! I will be mixing up some solution for Beam’s test soon, to test my recent CBDream harvest.

I would be very, very happy to receive one of your breeders packs of lowryder crosses, too! That would be fantastic!

5 Likes

I’ve smoked this strain before very potent snd smooth smoke not harsh .

5 Likes

Sure thing, send me a PM with a shipping address and l get those out next week.

6 Likes

Thanks! Unfortunately, I still do not have PM enabled.

5 Likes

No worries, I sent you one. You can reply to it.

3 Likes

Thanks!

On a side note: Have you ever thought about standardizing Beam’s test?

What I am imagining is:

• Standardized recipe for Beam’s reagent/solution (both ingredients and method)
  • Standardized sample quantity, by weight
  • Standardized solution quantity, by volume
  • Standardized environmental conditions - particularly; decarboxylation method, solution temperature, reaction time and container material

If all of these standards were maintained for all samples tested, certainly comparative evaluations could be (and have been) done. But could it be taken a step further?

What I am proposing is that the same standards could be used to test samples of known, verified levels of CBD and from this data (in the form of standardized photographs) a colour intensity scale could be developed which indicates % CBD content within a “fairly accurate” margin of error (+/- 2%). If that is not realistic, then even a 6 or 7 level descriptive scale would be useful. For example. “No CBD, Low CBD, Medium-low CBD, Medium CBD, Medium-high CBD, High CBD, Very high CBD.”

Some would say “why not just set yourself up to do TLC?” and my answer is, Beam’s is WAY cheaper and WAY simpler.

7 Likes

Further to the above, I am very interested in trying to figure out whether a standardized Beam’s test (as described) could be employed to test samples of young plants (a few weeks old) to determine/predict CBD potential.

One approach would be to test all youngsters, record the results, then grow them out and re-test them. Using plants of known CBD potential would be incredibly helpful in the development of this predictive test.

5 Likes

Good information and very thought provoking idea. We need standardization. Improves overall quality of product and grower. Thanks for that @cogitech! :cowboy_hat_face:

4 Likes

There are test kites out there based on the Beam test.

This is something I still need to try, if I can test before flowering, I would be able to speed this project up considerably.

7 Likes

People sure aren’t happy with that product.

I am confident that a DIY would be cheaper, more effective and more consistent. Do you agree?

3 Likes

Yes, it is just ethanol, KOH, a piece of charcoal, and a snap top vial. I already have all of that. Plus, like you said, the Beam test is easier and way cheaper

6 Likes

Anybody tried this product? :cowboy_hat_face:

2 Likes

I’m so confused now. Can you point me to some info on beams test so I can self edify? :cowboy_hat_face:

6 Likes

Whaaaaaat? I’m confused, old and high.

8 Likes

@ReikoX…did you send me some crystal candy BX2 ???i have a vile labeled that did i write it wrong?

3 Likes

Crystal Candy S1 I believe is what I sent you, been a while and I dont write it down.

5 Likes
2 Likes

@ReikoX
The auto flower master. I’ve been looking at Charlotte’s angel auto seeds as I’m looking for a strain that has the most minimal thc % value but highest cbd. My dog is now 8 years old and because of the breed (bullmastiff) she now suffers with hip displacement problems standing from lying down is taking longer each time I call her. She’s obviously in pain and feel I need to medicate her in some way. You got any recommendations?? Auto flower strain is better for me as I’ll grow indoors winter time and outdoors summer (I’m uk).

3 Likes

Give me some time and I’ll throw up a tutorial or Google “chimera beam test”, but the basic idea is that CBD turns purple in the presence of KOH (lye).

So you start by making a 5% KOH solution in ethanol, this is your reagent. Dry your material completely and extract it with a non-polar solvent. I use naphtha. Let the naphtha evaporate on a petri dish or small plate, leaving behind the extract. Next you add a few drops of the reagent and look for a reaction. The darker the purple, the more CBD.

The kit for CBD comes with a snap top vial, a piece of charcoal, and the KOH reagent. You put a piece of material in the vial, drop in the charcoal (gets rid of the green color from the extraction), and fill with the reagent. The reaction happens in the vial.

3 Likes

I think about you every day my brother. Usually around 3 o’clock when my Labradoodle Zappa alerts me to the postman’s arrival. Much Love Brother! Have a bright and lifted day. :cowboy_hat_face:

3 Likes