ReikoX's Auto Projects

To be honest, I dont have any first hand experience with CBD autos. I have some Freedon Dream seeds that were gifted to me. These are, supposedly, high CBD, low THC, autos. I’m in the process of growing them out now.

3 Likes

@Esrgood4u My dog (1/2 Golden Retreiver, 1/2 Standard Poodle, 80 lbs.) just turned 13 yesterday. This is quite old for a god this size, and he is having the same problem as your dog. His hind legs just don’t work very well. On slippery floors, he needs to be helped into the standing position. It is like Bambi on ice.

For the past 4-6 weeks, we have been giving him a combination of low-dose CBD oil and Turmeric pills. We have noticed a marked improvement in his mood and activity. He does not seem like he is in much pain and he is more willing to be active. It took a while to get the CBD dose right. Too little does nothing, too much made him extremely calm and content but lethargic/lazy. His hind legs don’t work any better - in fact they are getting progressively worse, but he seems content.

I am not sure how much longer he has in this world, but I am so glad to not have to witness him in constant pain.

Best of luck with your best friend. Is there no way to purchase CBD oil in UK?

3 Likes

Thanks for the reply. I have to be really careful with the thc % she’s a BIG dog. Lovely animal but I don’t want to get her high in any way. I’ll just order the Charlotte’s angel seeds as they don’t go past 1% thc and the cbd is over 20%. I was kind of hoping others may chime in and tell me there own experiences medicating there pets. Just want to catch it before its too late.

3 Likes

Use your male plants broski! I make a salve from them for the wife’s hands and we rub it on our dogs belly and it works really good. But you can just your male plants for any high cbd low thc extracts @Esrgood4u

3 Likes

Cbd oil in UK is hemp based so not really the same. Yeah it’s hard seeing her struggle. I’d just like to make her as comfortable as I can and extend her life a little if possible. Cost isn’t really an issue. I’ll pay whatever I need to pay. Looks like Charlotte angel. I just thought I’d ask as seed banks/breeders tend to lean towards there own supllies

3 Likes

The CBD oil that I purchased for my dog is 250mg of CBD per 50ml, and it has less than 1% THC. We give him 11-12 drops, 2 times a day in his food. The $30 bottle has lasted quite a while.

You could try the medicinal Turmeric pills right away if you can find them. We just pull the capsules apart and sprinkle it in his food before we mix it up. Before trying CBD oil, the Turmeric did seem to help on its own.

Not sure if it matters where the CBD comes from… ?

6 Likes

Hemp is cannabis, CBD is CBD.

9 Likes

I do the turmeric for my old dog. It seems to help but I take it as well and can’t tell if it helps but I trust the research. :cowboy_hat_face:

5 Likes

Cheers hoodini I tend to buy female seeds. I’d buy regs and with my luck they end up all females most wouldn’t complain with that I’m sure :rofl: I’ll just buy the Charlotte’s angel seeds I’ve found. It be worth while trying to hermie if males have more cbd

3 Likes

So it’s not stronger cbd wise coming from cannabis than it is from hemp?

1 Like

No.

They extract pure CBD from whatever the source is and then dilute it to specific strengths in various oils (coconut, grapeseed, etc.)

5 Likes

Thanks for your help. I’ll order some hemp cbd. So can I safely grow hemp alongside my cannabis?? Obviously I’d rather grow it myself. Cbd oil is stupid money here in UK. £20 for 10ml

3 Likes

Yes, I’ll say it again, hemp is cannabis

Edit: Fun fact, when the US made “marijuanna” illegal the head of the AMA had no idea “marijuana” was cannabis when they supported it.

9 Likes

As long as you are ruthless with the males, I can’t see why not.

That is a steep price, for sure, but maybe worth it in the short term. Dogs can go from bad to worse in a very short period of time.

2 Likes

Yes but if I see a male plant do I have to remove it?

Ignore last question

1 Like

Hell yes you want to, it will pollinate your hemp females and your good females with shit hemp lol

1 Like

See. I’m having a stupid moment. Hemp is cannabis without the the thc. Fuck sake I knew that anyway but my minds on cbd. Stress.

3 Likes

Yes it turns out hemp makes no thc, but plenty of CBD.
A bunch of people around here have some of these ‘Freedom Dream’ auto-cbd hemp seeds. I gave all mine away, but I will ask around and see who has some still if you need some :+1:
http://overgrowcanada.com/seed-strains/

2 Likes

Hemp has extremely low THC but still has some, if you make it concentrated enough it can give you a tiny buzz
source: personal experience after 5 years off weed then using 1gram ~20:1 CBD extract
but yes for most purposes it has none

Most hemp is monoecious, meaning both sexes on the same plant (what we consider hermie) there are one or two hemp varieties that are dioecious (single sex) :om_symbol:

3 Likes