ReikoX's Workshop 2021

Happy Friday ReikoX day all you good people of the OG! Best of luck to everyone and congrats to the winners in advance - I’ll be checking in later when the post count hits 97.
I’ve been lucky enough to win twice and am so appreciative of the generosity this cat throws out here… :boom::v:t3::boom:

4 Likes

I was leaning towards the octopots as well, but then away from them because of the larger volume of the other box. The biggest octopot I saw as 6 gallons.

I was kinda thinking along the lines of what Reiko said, but the octos look awesome for sure.

@Papalag , you use the octos with water only?

1 Like

Is it seed Friday again ? Wonder what’s up for grabs this week !

1 Like

What was the growth rate like? Indoor grow? 1 plant each? How long of veg? Top dress, teas?

I grew a tomato in one and a pepper in the other, but outdoors. They were in a Coots mix and all I used was water and LAB. It made for some delicious salsa. :yum:

2 Likes

There was a vid you linked to KIS youtube vid. I followed and watched a couple browsing the list they had. They reported 50% increased yields in studies. Gold Leaf IIRC was the grower. They grew in organic no till and only changed one factor doing side by sides…and at scale in production.

They used Blumats but the consistent watering at the proper level of moisture gave 17% of the increase.

KIS podcast 69 lol

edit- iirc lighting was the other. LED?!?! lol have to go back and confirm that.

5 Likes

I think that video is what I’m looking for. Bas also has some that I can’t find again I believe.

1 Like

I’ll have to check it out. :+1::seedling:

2 Likes

didnt know Seed Friday was a thing! I’ve been reading the thread then page jumped down…good god I love OG.

2 Likes

A couple of weeks ago I was playing around with the acid/base CO2 generator. It was a fun project, and I had marginal results. It would probably be a viable solution for a small 2x2 space. You may get the same results with one of those mushroom bags they sell. Anyway, I broke down and ordered a CO2 regulator and controller. Last night I finally got around to installing it. I installed the controller in the veg room under my LED drivers, with the 20 lb CO2 tank below it. I still need to organize the wiring a bit. My plan is to keep the tank and unit in the veg room, but put the probe and the CO2 tubing through the wall into the flower room. I bought some CO2 tubing that is drilled that I will also mount to the ceiling. I will likely keep it setup in the veg room like this until after this round finishes flowering.

17 Likes

I feed with jacks and tap water I fit 4 in a 40 inch x 40 inch tent

To me there just easier to use the plants get big fast so I have to watch over head space

I’v seen people using living soil and it works great
Enjoy whatever you do

Sorry for the thread hijack
Paps

5 Likes

tracking this. I’ve some inoculated bags in the bottom section of my closet. I was planing on fruiting inside the box hopint to benefit from the additional CO2. I am not too convinced it would work with fan running 24hr but what the hell, had the bags and the spores… If you dont mind me asking, what the cost of that CO2 setup, roughly?

3 Likes

Thanks buddy.

@reiko- that’s awesome man. That is in our plans as well.

Also, though I always love your knowledge and input, it a much better on Fridays now. I know with every typing you do, the seeds sharks are loading the dibs cannons. It tickles me beyond what it should :joy:

5 Likes

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: Me too. I don’t even know when I will be eligible again.
:seedling: :green_heart: :seedling:

4 Likes

According to my records, you won 4 weeks ago. So you are eligible again next week. :+1::seedling:

The controller was about $250, the regulator about $100. I already had a 20 lb bottle. That should last about month and costs about $40 to fill.

7 Likes

thank you! thats not too bad. I’ll put it in the upgrade list. I’d like to see how much of a difference it makes.

1 Like

Is that cheaper than using a burner?

2 Likes

I think the cost is about the same, but propane is easier to source. I’m just not really comfortable burning a flammable gas, and most are too big for my 4x6 flower room.

7 Likes

I think I’m eligible again next week. Just watching the feeding frenzy for now :laughing:

2 Likes

Free Seed Friday
The way this works is I will post up three packs of seeds. The first three people to comment “dibs” will win a pack. If you have won a pack in the previous four weeks, you are excluded from this giveaway.

This week up for grabs are three packs of Grapey Walker Kush x JLO. These are regular seeds. Half of these seeds should be autoflowering, the rest will be photoperiod.

22 Likes