ReikoX's Workshop 2022

Solo’s Stash plants are blowing up. Screen is almost full, I’ll need to flip these in another week or two. I need to clean up under the screen and trim back the dichondra cover crop tonight.

44 Likes

Its immaculately clean in there anyway mate.
Quick question!
The nets your using do you just run new string through the framing come harvest time and just cut it away with the plants?? I’m thinking about making a scrog with similar tubing but with some kind of fixing to the tent legs I can raise as needed. A roll of string costs me £1 compared to £10 for a new net each grow. :thinking:

3 Likes

That’s exactly what I do. :+1:

7 Likes

Is it nylon to stop it rotting?? Postal string doesn’t hold very well under stress. I often use it to strike lines on a roof but once it gets wet it just breaks under the slightest stress.

2 Likes

Hemp twine naturally. :grin::+1::seedling:

10 Likes

I should have known you tree hugger that you are :face_with_hand_over_mouth:
Cheers @ReikoX. :+1:

3 Likes

I used to use a pink nylon (mason line) but when my fingers turned pink while stringing the net, I though to myself that’s probably rubbing up against my plants.

13 Likes

It’s usually just chalk on a mason/brickie string line. Saying that though chalk would push ph upwards :thinking:

4 Likes

Have you ever tried the rubber coated clothes line? It’s probably not rubber, it’s a coating on string.

It’s easy to manipulate the buds through, and it’s fat enough to not cut into the foliage or stems when you’re weaving, especially if you’re ham fisted like me.

And, it doesn’t stain your fingers :slight_smile:

10 Likes

I woke up Saturday morning to two Mimosa Cake cups on their sides, so I harvested them. First up was Mimosa Cake #1 at 11 weeks from germination. This one was big, but is mostly leaf and not many trichomes, perhaps due to being shoved in a corner most of her life.

Next up was the Mimosa Cake #2 at 10 weeks. This is a decent sized plant with nice chunky buds. The buds have a decent scent and a fair amount of trichome coverage.

I wet trimmed them and will let them dry on the screen in my lung room. This will work okay, room is 72*F/55% RH. Not perfect, but it will do.

I setup a bokashi bucket to help pre-digest the plant leaves and stems before adding it to my worm bin.

Finally, I put the second layer of trellis up in the flower room. They have another week, two max to reach that second screen. Then I’ll flip them to flower.

52 Likes

Plants are looking great as usual man, your worms will be partying when they get the bokashi mix :+1:

10 Likes

So your bokashi bucket is just leaf trim topped with Kashi? I might have to adopt this practice for my worm bins to speed things up a bit.

10 Likes

Yeah that’s what I’m trying. The leaf material usually takes forever to do anything in the worm bin.

13 Likes

I’ve been adding Comfrey to my bins and have started blending it first. Worms get to feeding almost as soon as I close the lid! Maybe I’ll try blending it, then throw some Kashi to break it down further. Thanks for the tip!

10 Likes

Liking the new stylized avatar!

6 Likes

Thanks I just threw it up for today since it’s the solstice. :wink:

18 Likes

I was like who is this guy!!!

3 Likes

Knight of the GoldSvn! :+1:

6 Likes

@GrouchyOldMan, he’ll be back to black in no time! A fan of Darth Vader’s!! :thinking: :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

@ReikoX All respect to the knight!! :pray: :hugs:

6 Likes

:+1: That’s a 2 pointer!! :rofl:

Cheers
G

6 Likes