ReikoX's Workshop 2022

My house/office plants are multiplying as well. :rofl:

7 Likes

You test your soil too! Next, you are going to tell me that you use Bryant Mason for recommendations lol… I like what you are doing here!

1 Like

Man those scrog screens look awesome :ok_hand: I’m going to make 2 pretty soon would love some tips man yours look immaculate

23 Likes

I’m looking into co2 and curious is it worth using the co2 rain tubing? Doesn’t look like you use it in your room from what I can see.

4 Likes

No, I use the worksheets for calcerous soils in Solomon’s The Intelligent Gardener.

I have that tubing hanging above my lights. That’s why you can’t see it. :wink:

13 Likes

PVC tubing and the correct fittings to make the frame. I use circle hooks on 3" spacing. Finally I weave the screens with hemp twine so I can cut them up if needed.

11 Likes

Party over here. The man has entered the building.

2 Likes

Just take up the side hobby of wine making. I have my fermenting wine right next to my air intake. I think that brings in plenty of co2 that way. The fans circulate enough in the room that I don’t think rain tubing would make much difference.
But what do I know? lol
I’m just a babe in this game.

9 Likes

I set up my air intake kind of like a co2 rain I’m thinking it might be enough with the fans.

1 Like

I’m a cheap b@$!@rd. lol
I don’t let go of a dime if I don’t absolutely have to. :laughing:
Sounds like you have it dinked out though.

4 Likes

I blocked the end of this and cut a bunch of evenly spaced slits in it along the length of my flower room.

20220728_111939

11 Likes

I’ve tried fermentation and acid/base reactions to generate CO2 and it never got levels much higher than ambient on my meter. A tank with a regulator and controller is what I use.

11 Likes

I do six gallons at a time. I wonder if I put the fermentation crock in the room with the plants… :thinking:
I have plenty of room in there for it. I bet that would raise the level of co2 in their quite a bit higher than it is now. I also make whiskey so I could put my mash in there too.
Can you OD a plant on co2? lol

3 Likes

Not with fermentation you won’t. In theory if you displaced all of the oxygen with CO2, you could suffocate the plants. Get a meter, you will be suprised how little CO2 that wine is producing. :wink:

8 Likes

That is a good idea. I have used PVC pipe and drilled holes in it. But also use that for cooling. I haven’t done that kind of stuff in years. @Neb you’ve done some good stuff man. I like your area. I would put you to work if you lived around me. Lol I think he would probably be putting me to work.

1 Like

Dang! I just looked on Amazon. They’re awfully proud of them. Do you know of one that works for under, say, $40? Again I am a frugal person out of necessity and my own nature. 40 bucks can be a lot of cash to my wife and I.

6 Likes

No, the cheapest one I’ve used is $69. Putting your fermenter with the plants won’t hurt anything. Remember, CO2 is heavier than air. So make sure it’s above the plants.

To give you an idea, I go through about a pound of CO2 a day keeping my sealed room at 800 PPM.

19 Likes

this is close it says they have a 20% off coupon too

2 Likes

You know what does produce a lot of CO2? Breathing! I spend an hour puttering in the sealed room and the CO2 will skyrocket over 1000 PPM easily. Go talk to your plants. :grin:

32 Likes

Just talked to the Glo sisters, told them what you said… looks like their smiling.

Going to pots in 48 hours.

25 Likes