ReikoX's Workshop 2022

Out of likes! But I get that. I just haven’t been in there enough. I used to practice my guitar in there (great acoustics). I, maybe, should get back into doing that. lol

10 Likes

Out of likes but thanks. I’ll try to come up with the scratch for that.

3 Likes

Thanks man what diameter pvc do you use man?
I’m trying to figure out how to attach the frame to my dwc tub so it’s essentially one unit if it needs to be taken out for whatever reason, thanks for your help mate :+1:

4 Likes

Can you still get the fungus blocks? That is something I used years ago. I’m not sure if it really did anything.

1 Like

Yes, “exhale” I think they are called.

2 Likes

They took up a lot of space. I would set them up on my lights. They put out some CO2 I’m not sure how much

1 Like

Pretty sure I used 1/2 PVC for everything.

7 Likes

Solo’s Stash at day 30F.

Dominion Diesel in rooters.

57 Likes

Every time I see your SCROG setup, it makes my eyes blink real fast. Compared to my paltry setup, yours is Spectacular.

11 Likes

I do like those. I’ll have to try those out.

1 Like

I really like Dr. Steve Solomon. I got flak for bringing him up before and someone called him “not a Dr” because his PhD was in a different field other than agronomy(don’t remember)? Then again, some people just like to argue and disprove what you are telling them. Anyways, I’m 100% in line with what you are doing here(Even running Bodhi’s gear)! Some people take my excitement the wrong way, I guess that I can be a goober when I get excited. It’s just that I don’t run into people like us often. I was getting made fun of for getting my soil tested and nobody even wanted to have a conversation about micronutirents/high brix.

4 Likes

They always told us when we were youngsters that MJ was a gateway drug. :smiley:

Your garden sure looks happy. Thanks for the show.

1 Like

I agree, he’s got a long history in traditional “organics” even if he now promotes the use of certain synthetics and is a nice break from the E. Ingham / Rodale echo chamber if nothing else. Different and opposing points of view are always healthy in my opinion and should be celebrated more. I don’t agree with everything in his books but I do enjoy his rants on the Shit Method Of Agriculture for sure & agree with the problem of promoting “compost” and organic matter as a universal panacea as pushed by the ideologues…

8 Likes

The part that really drew my interest was that he was talking about how rock dust and kelp doesn’t bring the micronutrients like Bro-Science suggests. I was getting my soil tested and re-ammending only to have sodium to raise to toxic levels and still not having enough zinc and Mn. Dr. Solomon said that there really isn’t a good Mn input, cannabis is Mn sensitive, and that a dump truck of rock dust might yield 1 cup of zinc. He really solved some of the issues that I was working with at the time. I couldn’t have a convo about it on RIU and everyone was harassing me for getting my soil tested instead “just throw out the test results and listen to your plants”. I didn’t know how to “Listen to my plants” back then. It’s still very hard to determine a Ca and Mn problem because they both have yellowing and necrotic spots. I don’t like having to wait until advanced nutrient def to correct the problem either. I’m still trying to get to where I am able to interpet my own soil tests. For fun, what if I post my last soil results from Logan Labs? It’s still relevant because I had 4x 550gal worm beds and they should be fairly consistent, as in I used the same inputs on 3 of the 4 beds. One bed is my recycled soil that’s been recycled for the last 5yrs, it should have 2 batches of pure leaf compost in there now. Also, it has a lot of rock dust that should be breaking down still and a good amount of biochar. I had enough of this soil to use in my greenhouse too, not the full 100gal pot, but maybe 1/3… I get a feeling that some people think that I am bragging about my setup, but this has been in the works for a long time. I started my dream of being a cannabis farmer back in 2009 and was able to actually start my home grow in 2011. It was HIGHLY illegal in OK back then and getting growing pot was almost as bad as a murder charge. I like to think that I put in my “time” and I’m not bragging about anything, just excited to meet another person that might be more skilled than me.

11 Likes

I meant that @ReikoX and @syzygy both could be more skilled than I am. Complement to both of you… I didn’t know who I was replying to on the last comment lol. I feel that both of you guys are up there(skill and moral character), I have much respect for both of you…

7 Likes

As gardeners we all are lifelong students.

16 Likes

I am on the same type scenario Mr. Suave. Hehe! I have 2 nice 2x2x3’s with a beautiful mix of s.i.l.s. I’ll forever be grateful for showing me the 5 ways and a good mix of cool and warm. My sweet spot is x2 5 ways. I have.more control with smaller setups and I’m really wanting to get a couple led setups and eventually something as close to an HLG650 for my 4x4.

I forgot when I switched from led Bestva for veg to my 600 w eye full spec HPS to tighten the screws in my hood. It allowed for play inside the fixture and the bulb had a meltdown inside. Thank God it didn’t explode and my whole unit is fine. However replacing the bulb with a vivosun full spec bulb doesn’t hold a candle to the Eye’s.

Anyways I had something click in my head and I knew it was time to get back into growing and living healthier. I appreciate all the help and love especially you and we’ll about everyone. So I was going through genetics and was just amazed at what I found and what I’m popping. I’m gonna be planting an auto about a week to 2 weeks on a perpetual. I’ve been running 24/0. Everything looks great.

I have a Ghost Rose already deep into flower and the BG autos from Mark…I was hesitant about his autos. I had one male show sex first and yanked it quick for a female. The other BG is really tight node spaced but hasn’t showed sex. Thinking about switching to 20/4 to maybe kickstart it but imo it should flower regardless. So as per your advice. No time for games, reload and fire.

Sorry for the blab. I’m just excited to start running these beans like a mac-11. One a week. Now that’s full auto. Lol. Always a pleasure. If you get a sec, do you have an auto soil mix specifically that you use? I’m gonna be getting a bunch of soil for my fall/winter/early spring runs. Thanks and be safe. Awesome work Reiko as per usual.

Get a sec check this Auto Purple Bastard Eater… Definitely gonna be making beans from this one. I finally got some sts solution to do some Mac crosses and other stuff.:grin::v:

15 Likes

Clones definitely have there advantages when you find great smoke . But I agree to much of the same strain gets boring fast .
@Baltimore i like the way you think start a auto every 2 weeks .

12 Likes

I’ve used there product with good success in a sealed tent, large rooms not worth the effort.

5 Likes

There’s just so many excellent breeders here with great mashups. I’m not into really chasing strains like I was. I don’t have the room to hold clones and realistically I don’t have the space to say run a dozen clones time after time. Don’t get me wrong I keep my Wilson Zero #1 and Mac1. Those 2 are head busters.

Autos are more my speed atm. With limited space for photos I can sample many different autos and get my fix for new flavors and highs. I am a medical patient and running out of meds like right now is hurting me but I’m back in the pocket. Onward as a great man once said.:wink:

Now if I could manage photo clones on a micro scale I may grab another tent just for strains that don’t stretch and finish quick. I have a cross of Gelato/Race Fuel OG that’s beautiful and barely has a stretch. I’ll grab a pic of it tomorrow outdoor. Let me stop thread jacking. The thread Highjackers. Alrighty back to my dungeon. Be safe bud. :grin::+1::heart::seedling:

10 Likes