ReikoX's Workshop

Sounds good. If you topdress smaller plants I would use a tbsp of neem and shrimp meals. Imo they tend to be a little hot. Other than that there’s no need to remove the mulch-dress-re add mulch. You can just sprinkle over the mulch and water in, the microbes will move them thru the soil regardless. Just when you sprinkle over the mulch and see an issue, like it being too hot, you can remove the mulch and add fresh stuff as opposed to flushing it.

3 Likes

Thanks again. Yeah these are pretty big girls five and a half weeks in flower. Lots of worms in there too :smiley:

3 Likes

great stuff dude. and def dont move that mulch! thatll disprut the decomposition.

1 Like

Two weeks since the Durban Poison seeds were above soil, the seedlings are working on their third node. One is stunted or stressed, notice it has a single leaf blade. I need to transplant the cups into something slightly bigger. I think I have some square pots laying around. I am hoping I can time this to give them a round in the no-till cab. The Ancestral Skunk #1 should be done in another three or four weeks, so these should be big enough by then to start showing pre-flowers. I, unfortunately, wont be able to keep any males.

11 Likes

Just had this same thing happen with a batch. New growth stayed green, but remainder of the plant yellowed and died and they had barely started any roots after a couple weeks. Threw them all in the trash. They were under a LED with plastic bulb popped off about 12" from them. should have stuck to the t5.

2 Likes

Or left the plastic bulb on… :wink:

3 Likes

What an awesome read, you sure have a lot going on.
I am just about to do a fem seed production run on a similar scale to what you did, do you reckon it would pay off to start the females flowering later as in 3 to 4 weeks after the ‘Bruce’? I am thinking of putting a new one in weekly from week 2 to cover the possible maturity differences.

keep smiling.

1 Like

If I had to do it over again, I would start the seeds for the doner after “Bruce” starts to show male pollen sacs. The two weeks was a little too short, but did work.

haha bruce i love it!

1 Like

The Durban Poison plants got transplanted today. Those 12 oz. cups were drying out too fast. They were super easy to transplant though. Rip down the seam then around the bottom and slide the root ball out. They got watered with aloe, fulvic, silica, kelp, and malted barley.

13 Likes

Just got an email saying my concrete sprayer I ordered in October will be here Monday. $15 for a $120 sprayer? Yes please! Thanks @lotus710 for pointing it out to me. Now paying $45 for the mister tip doesn’t sound like a bad deal. :grin:

Oh, and the new Star Wars was awesome! Can’t wait to go see it again next week with my daughter.

4 Likes

WHAAT ? i didn’t get that e-mail yet !!! i ordered two Oct 30th

1 Like

Must be my lucky day!

Zak Haze at 63 days. This harvest looks a heck of a lot better than the last time I grew her. Adding the bulb extenders really made a difference there. Just going to remove the fan leaves and hang to dry.

I was Christmas shopping and got myself a few things for the workshop. First is a big dry erase calendar for tracking whats going on in the workshop. I used a small one, this is much easier on the eyes.

I also got that new rig I was eyeballing at the dispensary. Needed a couple of grams of wax and decided to splurge. It hits great! I love jow my e-nail can be configured for male or female and fits multiple sizes.

Low humidity shouldn’t be a problem anymore with this fogger. It’s been able to bring the humidity up to 63%. I have a hygrostat on the way should be able to maintain 70°F and 60% RH in the “lung room”.

13 Likes

That’s some awesome gear! I haven’t gotten into wax as I’m such a lightweight haha.

I like the E-Nail setup though, Induction?

1 Like

I will say wax/rosin/shatter or whatever you want to call it is nice. I like being able to do a quick single small hit at that’s it. Also a lot healthier compared to joints. Also like yourself i consume very little, such as maybe 4-5 times per week on heavy weeks, to nothing other weeks.

I still find it worth it, but i use a wax atty with a small mod box “eleaf nano” from the e-cig world, probably cost me around $30-40. Also easy to make your own wax with quick wash alcohol methods, also saves on space :wink:

And nice new setup @ReikoX , i dont consume anywhere near enough to go down that route yet.

1 Like

The e-nail is what got me hooked on concentrates. Never liked hot knives or torches. I also like the hit it and quit it approach especially with kids. Slip away, quick dab, and right back in action. Doesn’t smell as strong either.

1 Like

Totally agree, ive been looking into even smaller wax “pens” for out and about use, such as on a hill in winter instead of trying to light Joints in the blowing cold and snow. But most really small pens are either designed for e-juice mixes or distillates, or they are not really designed for true waxes or solids, with crappy wicks and coils. The other option is disposables, but similar issues, and i would rather something i could rebuild or replace parts of not throw away

Saying that i ordered in a cheap yocan hive for a tester, as its like 3"x1"x0.5".

We will see.

What size pots so you keep your moms in? You went pretty in depth with how you keep them but you never mentioned it, or I didn’t see it. I’m still wanting to mimic how you keep your moms with my nursery tent. The main section in it is 2’x2’, where I’d keep the my moms.

About 20 oz? It’s a 16 oz beer cup in height and diameter, but not tapered. So about 20 oz. is my guess.

1 Like