ReikoX's Workshop

Pardon me for interrupting, but I think the bold should be corrected to read “10 drops of the 5% potassium hydroxide reagent”.

Excellent example of these tests, BTW!

I’ll be mixing up my first batch of reagent for Beam’s tests this weekend. :eyeglasses:

4 Likes

Great stuff @ReikoX, killing it bro.
You have access to the Ocean at all?
Ever mess around with seaweed extract?
I make my own via simple cold water extraction, shit is the :bomb:

1 Like

so cool! I’m watching with my note book at the ready!

1 Like

Tha is for catching that error. I fixed the post with the correct directions.

The Creme Brulee have been cleaned up and topped. I’ll probably flip them to 12/12 in the next day or two. The clover was also chopped and dropped, providing some slow release nitrogen for stretch. That and it just looks nicer. The mothers down below need a haircut as well.

Since the last round of clones was successful, I will likely wait to clean the cloner later this week and get some healthy clones while I’m at it.

The workbench got a little dried out. The Adonis is bigger and the Jilly Bean were fine, so I waited too long.

Adonis
This is the first week flowering, so hopefully it just costs me some of those big water leaves that needed to be trimmed anyway. (Note, looked much better the next day)

Jilly Bean 1/3

Jilly Bean 2/3

Jilly Bean 3/3

20 Likes

Plants looking good as always. Dropping knowledge as always.

Have you ran the creme brulee before? @ReikoX

2 Likes

Yes sir! It wasn’t my best run, but the smoke is very good.

Here they are a few days before the chop.

5 Likes

The workbench is looking much better today. So much so, I had to take a picture. I may have lost a couple of leaves on the Adonis, but she was in need of some thinning out anyway.

I gave my mothers a haircut again. This time I decided to clone a few plants that are getting older and have woody stems. These three are Zak Haze, Skywalker OG, and Jilly Bean. I took enough cuts to fill my cloner and, hopefully, replace these aging plants in veg.

20 Likes

Well it is about time to harvest some EWC from my vermi-inn. First I removed all of the trays and emptied out the tea from the bottom. I’ll add this to my feed tomorrow. Then, leaving the bottom tray behind, the rest of the trays were put back.

After harvesting the bottom tray, I filled it about half way with used soil. This was quite dry from sitting, so it was moistened with a pump sprayer.

On top of that was a layer of coffee grounds followed by a layer of leaf that’s been collecting in my freezer. That us all covered with a layer of wet newspaper.

I got a good 2-3 gallons of nicely worked EWC. This will be top dressed and watered in twice per cycle. Once at the beginning and again when I flip to flowering.

These Creme Brulee tend to go yellow as soon as I flip them to flower. Notice the one on the right getting some yellowing already. I went ahead and top dressed about a quarter inch of these castings and watered it in with sprouted barley, fulvic acid, yucca powder, and silica.

19 Likes

Hey @ReikoX! Looking good, man!

If you don’t mind, can you tell me more about yucca? What are the benefits? I’ve got a few big ones in my front yard. I’d love to use them on my plants if there are tangible benefits. Is there a fairly simple process to utilizing them?

I am assuming it is possible to harvest leaves from them without killing them (the ones I have are impossible to kill without digging about 2 feet down to get the root out).

7 Likes

The yucca root is high in saponins, it acts as a wetting agent. This was yucca root that was harvested wild then skinned, dried, and powdered in a coffee grinder. I also made a whole plant (roots leaves etx) FPJ but I already used that up.

4 Likes

I like my yuccas too much to do that. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

I used it as a substitute for aloe to switch it up. Get some soap nuts (aka reetha nuts) they are even higher in saponins and pretty cheap on Amazon.

3 Likes

I feel dumb asking but perpetual 12/12 would mean running 12/12 all the way from beginning to end right? Also how does the vertical scrogging work? Sorry for the questions but very curious.

3 Likes

Hey there @Deadinside88, welcome to my workshop.

I haven’t run those in a long time. 12/12 perpetual ment it was always 12/12 and I would pop two seeds a week. If something was exceptional I would clone it. I was sort through a lot of seeds very quickly. I’ve since dismantled that case.

Vertical scrog was fun, but I never broke 1gpw using the 150-watt CMH bulbs and they only lasted about 6 months before needing to be replaced. Went to SolStrips and that same 150-watts is getting slightly more than 1 gpw.

5 Likes

Brother, I got home today and found your care package. Thank you very much, your generosity really touched me. Let’s see how I do with these autos, this is my first time growing them and from the looks of this thread there are great things going on in there!

4 Likes

Loving the workshop, giving me tons of ideas to try :grin:. Ok cool, I wasnt sure(still a newb just done alot of listening and trying to pay attention lol) currently in my tent open run a 600w mars hydro led light and am planning on trying a scrog setup for 2 girls and possibly a small sog in there as well so the vertical scrogging kinda caught my eye so I figured I’d ask

4 Likes

@ReikoX do you think its better to plant autos on their final container (I was thinking 3 and 5 gallons, since these do not have a long veg time) or to start them on cups or a small bag and transplant? Thanks!

5 Likes

I’m just getting ready to add a ring to my condo still love checking in on the lil guys.

I like to plant in root root plugs, then move to their final container. Three gallon works great, 20/4 light schedule if you can swing it.

4 Likes