Yesterday I was looking through my grow logs looking for a good picture of my veg area. I was zooming in and I noticed what I now know is thrip damage. So I started going back looking at pictures of my plants for thrip damage. I'm not saying I got them from the Skywalker OG cuts, but I couldn't see thrip damage before and did after. I found evidence of damage on my last CBD run in the main cab, my last auto run in the workbench, and the last Jilly Bean run. No wonder yields have been suffering. Thrips will never be an issue again, I know what the symptoms look like, and I know what kills them.
Last time I was looking at the autos in the PC, I was thinking that the pH was off. I decided to test the pH after I mixed up the nutrients. My pH pen read 7.0 which didn't seem right to me. I lowered the pH to 6.1 and it took way more pH down that normal. Something isn't right. So I take out my spare pen and it reads 5.1. Holy crap guess it's not working right. I again adjusted the pH to 6.1 and then calibrated both to read 6.1. I decided to be on the safe side and used my pH drops just to check and it was back up to around 7. So this time I just adjusted it as close to 6 as I could with the drops. Now, thinking back on it, there are a few clues that the pH pen was out of calibration. First one was that I mixed up the Lucas formula and remembered it needed a tad pH up. But when mixing it for the party cup hempys, I was using pH down. Another clue was when I had that high PPM runoff from the Bubba Kush S1, the pH was 7.0. I thought it was odd to be so neutral with such a high pH. So I gave them proper pH water and a foliar of CalPhos, let's see how they respond.
I was spraying the plants with CS and decided I would check my PPM on the solution. Hmmm 40 PPM starting with 20 PPM RO water. I'm going to get some distilled and try to run it until I get 50 PPM. I still can't tell if it is working on that Crystal Candy, but I think she's going to produce pollen sacks any day now. I have a La Diva I just started spraying, so I'll mix up a batch at 50 PPM and follow the directions correctly (not supposed to use RO water I guess).
I was going to try and trim my Jilly Bean plants that I cut down Saturday, but they were still a little too wet. They have been hanging for five days, and usually it only takes around 3 to dry here. It has been raining for the last three days so that's slowing things a bit. I decided to take the bottom popcorn buds off and press them. I got about 15% return which is pretty good considering how wet they were. The rosin is pretty tasty. It's a mix of both plants, so it's a nice orange and tangerine mix, with a hint of green. I have debated just turning the whole thing into rosin. I would have to trim anything. Maybe I'll just trim the main bud on each stem and rosin the rest.