Ris-ski Business - an ongoing grow log

Got bad news, It appears I have spider mites. Currently looking at only one of 4 with some cobwebs. I had everything automated for a few days and wasn’t able to get to the plants. I am about 7 weeks into flower on a seed increase. They are definitely not ripe yet.

My question is if i’m not planning on smoking the bud can i spray them down with Aza-Max and hope they recover or scrap the whole lot, fire bomb the entire tent and room its in then start over?

1 Like

You’re into it this far, don’t plan on smoking the buds, I’d spray the hell out of it!!! As far as the other plants, I’d get some predator mites and try to keep the Aza-Max to the most infected plant.
It truly sucks, it’s what killed my indoor crop many years ago, brought in infected clones, didn’t know, and had to be on the road for 5 days, came back to devastation.

1 Like

I’ve been there @Ris . Sucks big time. I hate to hear that.

I never have and grow indoors… Do they only come in on an infected plant?
Or are they something that can come in via screened window?
I really never wanna see these fuckers.
Thx in advance :seedling:
Ps… Sorry for your loss :cry:

2 Likes

Well, I dont know how they got in, I assume the buckets i bring water in from outside had them on it. thats the only thing i can think of.

1 Like

Hey you try MTA? @JohnnyPotseed shared the recipe it works like now!

Stopped them dead cold. Lost one plant close to harvest other 5 plants nothing after application. Even as a soil drench works well.

2 Likes

Hmm, looks like i have an amazon cart to fill.

As for a drench, I found this in the thread,

From JP " It’s not a drench, cuz. It can be sprayed on everything though. To kill mites, thrips, aphids, and other soft bodied pests, we spray the entire plant top to bottom, the top of soil, the outsides of pots, the walls, floors, ceilings, etc.
NOT for use as a ‘soil drench’ to get at pests in the roots. Have no idea how effective, or not, that would be. Probably more wasteful than not."

Im gonna have to try this

1 Like

Yes it’s not a drench but can be used to kill the little buggers in the soil as well. As for killing at the roots that isn’t what I meant. Maybe I misunderstood soil drench but meant for top surface inch or so that all. Works great on leaves though. If you look farther in the thread I believe there is a video of the MTA killing a thrip! Yay get em hope it helps.

2 Likes

Thanks for the assistance my friend. looking forward to getting rid of these shits

2 Likes

I was able to source everything with one item not getting here for another day or two. Regardless, I think i’m going to call it quits on this run, even if i get to spraying them its going to be too far gone. Looks like its time to get some new protocols in place. To start with, i’m going to zero everything out and sanitize the entire room. and everything.

Im going to get one of the foggers, that way i can be sure i got every crack and crevice. I also think its time i move my computer out of the room, that way im not constantly coming in and out.

Its been a huge pain in the ass for the last 3 weeks fighting these mites. Im going to have to be more diligent. and stricter protocols… Damn… :roll_eyes:

I still have 4 himalayan blue diesel autos going though

Now on to the future, I am going to be popping 3 seeds of 10 strains for the next round and im looking to keep 12 in two tents 4 in the 4x4 and 8 in the 4x8. I will be running mostly for flower but if something stands out ill take a few mothers, Up to 4 of the total 12. Ill be updating this post with the strains shortly.

5 Likes

Shity deal. Sorry to hear this. :frowning:
Bomb that room bro!

1 Like

I have two on the way, im not taking chances this run

1 Like

I looked back a ways on this thread. I’ve been able to deal with them using Rove Beetles. Arbico Organics I think. Not cheap, but effective.

4 Likes

I might try that in my greenhouse

2 Likes

While the bubble milk has been taken down by the mites, turns out some seeds are still ripe and ready. I test germed one and have only collected 10 more so far, but id anticipate at least 100 seeds minimum.

Seeing as i started with 10, ill consider this a win.
Now on to collecting!

15 Likes

They’ll eat any soft bodied critters. If they clean up one plant, they go look for more on another plant. My understanding is they will continue to reproduce if the have food. If got them for thrips.worked great. I’ve got an old hot tub on a deck that would be a killer greenhouse spot. With the missus blessing.

5 Likes

Really sucks to hear about the mites. At least you got some seeds out of it though.

2 Likes

I’ve heard great things about the ozone makers. I talked with a lot of people who use them to sanitize mushroom cultures and grow rooms. @Pigeonman is running a fogger now not sure if it’s the same thing. Sucks about your run man :disappointed_relieved:. About 5 wks ago I lost a plant a few weeks from harvest. It’s heart breaking.

Should have finished reading lol. Awesome score in the seeds though man :+1:. You’ll end up with more than you started with that is a win in my book.

6 Likes

So to update you all on the strains I’m going to be running, they are as follows:

3 of each for a total of 30 and keeping 10-15. Hoping to get at least one of each

1. BOG Sour Strawberry
  2. G13 Hashplant
  3. Grape Cookies
  4. Zombie Death Fuck
  5. Swazi Ruz
  6. Cap Junky S1
  7. (Animal Mints x Faceoff) x Grape Stomper OG
  8. Gorilla Glue #4 (From Russia)
  9. C99
  10. Maui Wowie
15 Likes

I’ve got tails poppin’ on some BOG SS right now too. Courtesy of @TopShelfTrees1 , (my personal cheerleader in all things), who said @Mithridate reproduced them. Thank you in advance. Pretty sure top’s not “bag seeding” me.

2 Likes