S.E. Michigan 2022

Nice :ok_hand:

1 Like

Male Sour Strawberry. He will be used to make seed with all of the female S.S. and most of the other females. He’s in a remote location for pollen collection. I will only pollinating a couple branches of each female.

11 Likes

Welcome to the OG @Gro !

Your garden is looking great!

Ummm!
I saw the Sour Strawberry and was excited…
Then I scrolled down a bit and saw that you will be breeding the S.S. with S.S. … :fire:

I will be following along… :call_me_hand:

and as always…
Here is to the good times to come on the OG :call_me_hand:

3 Likes

Welcome @Gro, good to have ya and happy to see another Michigander find their way here. I work in Farmington Hills but live in Flushing. Got a good looking outdoor going so far, happy and healthy. I’m hoping this humidity lets up soon or we’re gonna be fighting PM early this year :joy:

Hope to see you around boss

4 Likes

Yeah this humidity is extreme. Especially today.

4 Likes

S.E. Michigan here too. Her are two links to check out.

:green_heart: :seedling:

4 Likes

Do you think you could save me a bit of the pollen?

1 Like

We’ll see how much I’m able to harvest. If I have a bunch extra I’ll see what I can do. He smells sweet. More raspberry-ish than strawberry but very nice, and different than all the females in veg. The females smell more earthy, cacao and a little floral.

3 Likes

I am doing a indoor run of Sour Strawberry, but started with 5 beans. Plus I want to make seeds. I should have at least one male in the bunch. :grin:

4 Likes

Nice! I started with 5 bean also. 4 fem 1 male.

4 Likes

I started with ten. That was before they started adding rules and put the sale for the little folks of seeds, home made edibles and other related items.
5 WW and 5 NL. All the research I read told me the would be the best starter. Best runs ever. Beginners luck for sure.

2 Likes

I’m curious as to everyone’s favorite approach to dealing with aphids, particularly in flower. I have a light infestation and for now, the ladybugs seem to be keeping them from proliferating. I plan to spray them with wettable sulfur this weekend but once flowering I won’t spray again.

2 Likes

3 different chem D s1s from CSI.

10 Likes

Interesting variegation in the last photo.

1 Like

Yeah that plant has extreme varigation. Every leaf shows it.

2 Likes

Update on the main garden coming soon. I wish I could update more often but life is busy. Here is some stuff going on at a different location. This is where the males are free to grow. The one pictured here is a Sensi Star x Puck.

9 Likes

Beautiful man :metal: :metal: :metal: :metal: :metal: :metal:

1 Like

The wider leafed female on the right is Sherbet x Wedding Cake, and on the left is a Purple Punch Fallen Soldier. I have a few other small females sprinkled in around the big male SS x Puck.

3 Likes

Lovely garden you have there!

2 Likes

The pepper is Carolina reaper.

3 Likes