Sacred cacti, anyone?

Compared to? Mushrooms, lsd, acid? Is it the most gentle? I’ve never tripped on anything, so is it a good starting spot?

8 Likes

It’s as gentle as a warm hug. Then you might puke but it’s all good. :crazy_face:

:cowboy_hat_face::chile:

14 Likes

Thats ayahuasca. An overwhelming aura of love, and a sense of well being and safety… after puking rainbows

13 Likes

It’s interesting to try and describe the nuances of psychedelics without comparing them to one another. I’m afraid that in order to describe mescaline, I’m going to have to describe all three, because the only way I can describe mescaline uses these three as a reference.

On LSD, colors are bright and vivid, but also very sharp at the same time; there is a very specific contrast to the visuals and colors on LSD. The visuals are incredible: walls breathing, colors shifting and moving, fractals. LSD, to me, has an almost digital feel. At the very least, it feels inorganic, compared to the three divine psychedelics (mescaline, mushrooms, and DMT/ayahuasca). LSD, though, provides something the others don’t. It provides incredible introspection and insight with a very sharp clarity. It’s an almost analytical psychedelic headspace compared to the almost primordial experience of the divine psychedelics. At 1,000mcg and above, I’ve had “religious events,” that are quite interesting.

Mushrooms are different. It’s very difficult to describe a mushroom trip because they vary so incredibly based on dosage. The usual recreational dose of a couple grams isn’t usually enough to experience them. Mushrooms are very difficult for me to categorize. I’ve experimented with doses ranging from micro to an entire stacked dinner plate full (what made me stop psychedelics). In all those trips I’ve never figured mushrooms out. People always recommend starting with mushrooms because they consider them the most gentle. That’s not true. That’s only the case because they’re more often than not taking sub-threshold doses. At threshold doses, mushrooms are the strangest thing, I’ll see paisley patterns overlaid on the sky, I’ll close my eyes and be transported to an ethereal, spiritual temple made out of patterns and paisley. At one trip, I experienced ego death and became mycelium in a jar. There was no up, no down, no orientation—only the mycellial network that connects all living beings. I’ve had revelations that we are all connected and apart of one large network of mycelium on a shared neural framework. During one particularly heroic trip, I “forgot what a thing was.” My ‘difficult’ (it wasn’t bad, per se) trip, I saw things… very challenging things. Things that shook me to my core. At high doses, mushrooms will induce full on spiritual visions. A year later—after the trip that ended my relationship with psychedelics—I think about those visions almost daily.

Now, DMT. I barely know what to really say about DMT and I have a very close relationship with it. I’ve done extractions and have a lot of mhrb left. There’s nothing I can say or describe that will prepare you for DMT. In the DMT community, they call a trip “blasting off.” I’ll briefly describe my first couple trips. My first, I pushed so hard to take the last hit (it’s a challenge to take the final hit) because I wanted so much to get a breakthrough. It’s this spiritual revelation or eudaemonia (where my name comes from) that people chase (destructively so at times).

When I collapsed (you collapse, you’re not awake for this one and it lasts about 15-20 minutes). I was greeted with Hindu imagery and a meditating figure, a Buddha like statue. I was given the message that this was the way forward, Then, I was transported to a slaughterhouse. I was a cow, in a line, waiting to be slaughtered. There was blood everywhere, it reeked of blood and death. I’ve never been so terrified in my life, but also so resigned to my fate. Then, I was transported to blank, black space. In front of me, I saw a man, a kind of hollow man, an outline of a man. He had a pig inside of him. I’d never felt so repulsed in my life. I started heaving and wrenching, which woke me from the trip. I dry heaved and wretched for about 15 minutes. Literally overnight, I went from plates of meat for dinner to dry heaving at the thought. I went to the store the next day, I started sobbing because I didn’t know what to buy. I’ve never had meat since and can’t even look at it. I’d eat a human before I’d eat an animal, full stop, not even hyperbole. The message was overwhelming that animals are here for our trust and protection, not exploitation. My biggest fear on my upcoming journey is not death; it’s avoiding meat. I’d starve to death before I ate it, literally.

I cried, just bawled, for the next month. I meditated hours and hours every day. I can’t overstate how much that moment changed my life and the trajectory.

After a month of meditation and bawling, I wanted to trip. I decided to try it again, at a very high dose. It was a very dramatic experience, even for my trip sitter. I didn’t stay unconscious. To try and describe the trip wouldn’t do it justice, but I was allowed to cross over and I spent an eternity there. I didn’t want to come back. It’s unfortunate I’ve forgotten so many lessons I learned there over the years. But, one of the big lessons was that it doesn’t matter if I forget the lessons, because I don’t matter. None of this matters, as long as I don’t eat meat, lol.

Which brings me to mescaline. It’s a combination of every single one of those, in a gentle package. I’ve always described it as an LSD milkshake. There is an an overwhelming creamy and dreamy quality to the experience, both in the visuals and the transitions. The visuals aren’t as contrasty, they’re smooth, with trails and beautiful shapes and patterns. Lights feel alive and explosive with creamy color. The visuals are the best, imho. Nothing is more beautiful than a campfire on mescaline. But, it’s not that superficial. If you close your eyes, and let go, you can have DMT like breakthroughs that provide insights on the nature of the universe. It can quickly change direction and you can gain LSD like personal insights about psychic pain and fears. Or, you can have the pure spiritual visions, like those induced by heroic mushroom doses. And you can control the trip very well, even at heroic doses. If she starts blasting you off on a DMT like breakthrough, you can, literally, tell her, “no, not right now,” and she’ll move you to something you can handle. There’s also insane amounts of euphoria and body load, ecstasy levels. It can also be very erotic in the right set and setting, primally so. I’ve had the most intense sexual experience of my life on it. I won’t elaborate unless asked. It feels very primordial compared to other psychedelics. It feels like the Earth.

That’s my experience, at least

But, she holds your hand. You just have to trust her. You can fight her, too, and she usually won’t punish you for that, unlike a lot of other psychedelics. I think she’s Mother Earth.

There’s a lot of controversy about which psychedelic to start with. My first trip was Mescaline. I made San Pedro tea from a cacti I recognized and bought at a nursery over half a decade ago. I think people should start with mescaline. It will help them heal and get ready for their upcoming journey. Then, I think it should be mushrooms. Then, DMT. And finally, mescaline again to help you heal and integrate the things you’ve seen and experienced.

I recommend skipping LSD until after all those. It’s not worth the risk of a bad trip to disrupt the Divine spiritual journey that the Earth has given us. I sound like a hippy. I hate hippies. :confused:

34 Likes

I hate the modern concept of hippies.

What most people think of now as hippy culture is actually the late-60s early-70s stereotypes which were cooked up by the media to demonize and generalize a diverse group of people, and to make the cultural revolution appear trivial and non-threatening to the rest of america.

This is the image that you see repeated ad nauseum today.

I grew up in SF, Oakland, and Berkeley, so I love the old hippies who made those cities such a special place to live when I was a kid. Everything I know about weed was taught to me by old hippies. (and east bay gangsters.)

I really hate when people emulate a facade of hippy culture without any understanding that it is a philosophy, not a fashion trend or a lifestyle.

it’s a philosophy that prioritizes personal freedom of expression over all else. Anything that doesn’t come from within you or your own personal motivations is just meaningless affectation, or meaningless conformity.

and that’s what I hate, people have latched on to the mass media’s image of a “hippy” and bastardized the term into the antithesis of the actual cultural movement.

edit- The real old hippies believe in personal freedom of expression. they appreciate beauty, peace, and tolerance but they are deeply practical, serious individuals who will go to any lengths to stand up for what they believe in. Those old radicals are cutthroat.

17 Likes

Even the term “hippy” comes from the media. the old radicals would not self apply that term, except ironically as a joke about how society has pigeon-holed them with that stereotype.

7 Likes

Smoking dmt is something… something else. I don’t have time at the minute. But I’ll be making a big post later.

9 Likes

Yep, yep @zephyr

6 Likes

Are cacti pretty easy to grow and keep alive?? I’ve always been interested just never looked into it.

Love your description on mushrooms @Eudaemon … I think about my bad shroom trip every day, it was probably the biggest day of my life lol.

6 Likes

Precisely my brother. You are a perceptive cat. I don’t know how old you are but I can tell you get it. That makes my old “hippie” heart smile. Thank you for that. Peace my friend.

Blessings…

6 Likes

Maybe a Space Cadet or a Lost Planet Airman but a Hippie, not so much. :joy:. It’s all love.

Blessings…

3 Likes

I’m in CA too and very interested in obtaining these cacti’s. My brother was able to get one from a friend in San Diego… what do you think my best bet is locally sourcing these? Thanks in advance.

3 Likes

Check your home depots and lowes. I see a ton of people finding them on reddit out in ca this time of year. Otherwise just search for nurseries near you and ask for Peruvian or Bolivian torch cactus or San pedro. They are all legal to grow in the US. Only peyote is restricted (lophophora williamsii , the other lophs are ok to have, mine are jordaniana).

Lots of other cacti are active with other phenethylamines. Check out the common ariocarpus cactus. They have them everywhere.

Some have 5-meo-dmt like echinocerus triglochidiatus.

9 Likes

That’s exactly what my mental association is. When I think of a hippy, I think of some one that was involved with the counter-culture movement of the 60s and 70s, who eventually went to college and capitalized on the real estate boom. They live in the Bay Area now in 1.2 million dollar houses they bought for cheap. The drive Priuses with Bernie bumper stickers, but they pay a thousand dollars a month just for their parking space, and routinely vote against any socially progressive program because it will hurt their property values. Affordable housing? Not in my back yard.

I’m sorry I sound so… bitter, but there are few things that bother me as much as the hypocrisy I see on the California coast, and it’s turned me off to an entire regional generation. I just get so, so irrationally angry.

That’s something I never considered. I encounter people like that from time to time in the mountains, living either entirely or somewhat off-the-grid. I’ve always just called them eclectic mountain people, but thinking about it more, I think those are the hippies you’re referring to. They’re pretty isolated a lot of the time and hard to find. I heard there’s a few left in the hills/mountains of NorCal and the PNW.

I’d say they’re the easiest things on earth to grow and keep alive. As long as they get sun and they’re not overwatered.

Are you in NorCal or SoCal? I’m pretty familiar with a lot of the nurseries around SoCal that carry cacti. One of the troubles is that places that sell a lot of trichocereus specifically generally charge a fortune. It’s best to find a more general nursery that has a lot of cacti. California is disgusting in regards to cacti pricing. In any other state, you can get a foot tall Bridgesii for 10 bucks. Here, they want like 50 bucks.

7 Likes

Thanks for the heads up as I am in SoCal. Hopefully I can find a reasonably priced one.

3 Likes

Any leads on lw seeds please dm

2 Likes

If you need some leads, next time I see one I’ll send you a message. I’m in your general region and always on the lookout. There is a nursery in Fallbrook that has some amazing and beautiful named cuttings/genetics.

5 Likes

That is a thorough description, thank you.

4 Likes

Is that the one with the famous buttons?

So do you just make a list of all the possibilities, then keep an eye out when you shopping for plants?

2 Likes

I know that wasn’t directed at me, but yes. The key is learning what plants are psychoactive and then looking for them in the wild or at nurseries. The list of psychoactive plants is just enormous and there’s so many we don’t know. I spent years reading original source data and forums and there’s some insanely interesting stuff that we don’t really know about. There’s a few very strange, mostly forgotten, psychedelics in Australia, especially.

The difficult part is getting a comprehensive list of plants. Wikipedia is a good start, but is hugely incomplete. Dmt-nexus and Erowid help, too, but a lot of it is pouring over more esoteric references to lost source materials on forums.

I’m afraid this is the most I can offer you as you begin your search. It might help. It’s the most comprehensive list I’ve found so far.

10 Likes