SAN checking in @ OG

woah, cool :slight_smile: all of those lines turned out great (imo, lol).

dead whabbits & strawberry razz = tasters (!!) free of ‘new’ genetics, but they compete in taste/effect
killer cookies and mac daddy = “hypers”, grow these and find the contemporary terps and hypes
lemon og and 80’s haze special = heady gems of classic gear from back in the day (LOG has more body)

24 Likes

Hola San!! Good to see you around.

Musta here! :wink:

Best.

12 Likes

Hey welcome @Heirloomwizard, glad to see you joining here. I’ve been appreciating your posts on ICM since a long time.

5 Likes

@Heirloomwizard
oh, man … it’s good to read you.
i hope you are well, my friend :slight_smile:

9 Likes

@santero - are there any strains/genetics that you are looking for have some Backwater (Mendo Purps x San Fernando OG Kush) regs and some other regs I really will not run __maybe you - can make something outstanding with this strain - will check my regs but have many, many fems) Drop me a line if interested- Peace —

15 Likes

i’d be nowhere without the help and generosity
of people like you and many others here at OG.

giving me the chance to have a look at stuff i otherwise would
have missed out upon is a true blessing and i thank you alot for
heping me out this way, hawkman. thank you very much ! :pray:

pm send

28 Likes

Wow @hawkman, that’s so generous and thoughtful of you! Mad respect :metal:t2::fire::metal:t2::fire::metal:t2::fire::metal:t2::fire:

Pz :v:t2:

14 Likes

that’s what it’s all about share and spread the “seed” will PM you Peace
(it’s alway great to see other cultivators creations - especially when one strain (seed) that you gave a breeder a great hybrid strain is made !!! YEA )

17 Likes

its amazing you got some cocoa kush in stuff, i had chocolate mix plants, and chemdawg cocoa freebies, man i wish i still had some of those. i gotta try something soon, i know it will be dope, esko a legend. thanks for storing some good stuff, im amazed to find anything similar to it existing still, and would feel so lucky to somehow have anything similar again myself!

11 Likes

just made order for my first try, had to get berry nice plant 2.0 while i can, feeling like ive missed out on a lot over the years but am just so stoked to find anything like this! SAN you the MAN!

Chocolate Rain was pretty incredible too, i mean compared to other plants maybe it was a little strange, but the Chocolate terps in it were un rivaled and unique. I know other people know about this stuff, but i wish all the time i still had some beans from back when i had them, i only was able to try the chocolate rain by gifting the pack away to a guy who said it was hard to get a keeper pheno from the seed but did come up with a dope plant i never got to have myself. the guy eventually moved and didnt have it anymore. it was legendary bitter dark cocoa though and tasted amazing and unique. Chocolate Rain was fun! Had good effects too, wasnt over powering, but was good enough

14 Likes

I never tried Cocoa Kush on its own just ChemDawg Cocoa but man, that plant was unreal, i didnt know what i was doing, and it was amazing, like the best chem og ive ever tasted, with swiss miss hot cocoa on the exhale every time. I had a few hermie seeds in my room back then but nothing ever sprouted. Never had any seeds for that again, I hope its out there somewhere in existence and someone has it, even if i never saw it again myself, i just hope its out there! LOL - ty Esko for the good times - and thanks for everyone else to knowing more than me! even better if you somehow stored or saved anything, just awesome. Even the original maker of cocoa kush seem to have lost it themselves. Its something i would really hope to find and preserve one day if i could but it may be gone by now as well, so any crosses are special for that reason too i think.

Notes on cocoa kush:
( I did find a guy growing the new coco bubble which is said to be an f6 and i saw a guy rumoring that they sourced this plant from unknown source for their own stock after they definitely lost it themselves) there may be a cut of cocoa kush out there somewhere, unsure, but from what ive seen of the new coco bubble it doesnt resemble the old stuff much the same, but this is not from my own experience just viewing the grow pics)

Im sure theres much better stuff like higher terps better flavors and better effects with plants but i think the cocoa kush is super unique and awesome in its own way and definitely special, especially for the chocolate realm of flavors which are rare and harder to find. i have also tried duct tape which is a new modern cross of gorilla glue something and it is pretty good but is more of a bland chocolate flavors (milk chocolate, light) compared to the real deal cocoa’s (strong bitter cocoa) that may still possibly exist or not :slight_smile: only writing all of this bc i feel like someone might actually understand here! If you know the cocoa you know - chocolate rain was so much fun. it seems im late to the party but i do know enough about it to know how cool it is

Also about Mendo Purps! Mendo Purps is incredible and seems to be very rare nowdays thats a good one, i liked mendo purps especially for the structure it had, it had these very unique almost crown shape nugs sometimes looking really cool and distinctive. its a great plant and well known out in mendo but still rare back then too. Its like Lavender but more of a green grapes, both green and purple, fruity lavender milky flavors. The real Lavender is amazing too but also rare. I think thats what maybe is in mendo purps idk . I enjoyed a lot of mendo purps from a friend b4 and it was one of my favs it had good effects too. It would get a nice pink hue almost on the nugs like light purp, amazing greenhouse and outdoor and inside too

im already excited to be here and learn more, man that cherry slurpee looking cool as hell! Im familiar with a lot of new modern stuff but i like the classics or stuff made with older stuff like yall got going on here

13 Likes

cherry slurpee

32 Likes

Man that cherry slurpee looks insane, really nicely growing too well done

10 Likes

Ha growing Is leaving the plants alone. They know how to grow

14 Likes

It took me a long time to really get how true that is. Me doing some grows the last few years where I leave some plants in a family members garden and they get no care beyond a simple watering, yet the plants grow huge and o so healthy.

They do appreciate some pest control however. I think the key to human domestication of plants and animals is the human ability to just scratch the “itch” certain organisms have

12 Likes

haha, you @dankisdope are a true CK afficionado, just like me ten years ago :crazy_face:

esko’s CKcrosses made me re-evaluate everything i had experienced before.

i called my chooclate cheese keeper “medina cut”,
because she made me fall from my high horse :rofl:

that was one of my absolute favorites
= chocolate cheese (1st version regs)
= cheese x cocoa kush :yum:

the fem-version (cheese x chocolate rain) was very different
from the original reg-version … not bad but quite different.
(that CR was great but to heady for my taste in effect.)

21 Likes

oh man i wish i had more experience and story. the chocolate mix pack was unreal. i had a golf ball shaped nug plant that reminded me of watermelon for some reason. no chocolate in that one but was very cool. My choco cheese never popped but i did have seeds for them. like you wrote in some of your write up, the esko plants kinda grew themselves. i knew they were amazing but only realized how much more amazing they were from finding other people who liked them so much too, and found them amazing. the chocolate rain was so cool, because there is still a following for it from all of us who know how fun it was! I like heady effects, but i do think there is better highs/better strains out there. The rare chocolate terps were just so locked in !!! Never seen anything like it since and i think it is very special, I wish i still had those seeds or had made sure to preserve a cut or something better. Maybe someone will pop up from outta nowhere some day with some still, i saw a post that someone had a few left in 2021 i think

i wish i tried more, the aztec rain and a few others were on a list that i still remember nowdays but around that time was towards the end of the availability for them and i never got any

he had an Oaxacan and Jalisco IBLs i really shouldve got too! lol

A lot of times the flavors of chocolate were light but we did have a plant that was pretty strong tasting bitter cocoa all the way thru from the CR it was so good but the plant wasnt perfect either, i think sometimes they were a little finicky maybe but i know theres better plants in the same genepool out there somewhere! Amazing i might be able to re experience something similar im excited. never tried that santa maria or whatver its called, but read alot about it from ppls reviews saying it was great

i really miss that oldschool NYCD too, i dont know where it went and im sure its out there somewhere, but that spicy red grapefruit kind of flavor was amazing and i only saw it that one time long ago

sannie had great stuff too the Shackzilla was freakin incredible we had a 13 ft tall plant that was some of the best lemon lime jackhaze ever seen my buddy needed a ladder to go deal with it

so much time has gone by but even after all of this time and myself thinking its all long gone i started to see some posts finally and my searching finally felt like it was getting closer to something! better now than never! I know there was other people who had fun like me with similar stuff but never thought id see it all again really,
theres so much more im looking for but the cocoa kush turned out to be extremely rare now, if i ever found a good cut id definitely want to share n get it out there, but even the creators (dj short) seem to have lost that one by now and the f6 is much different too. the guy i found growing cocobubble f6 said it does have legit tootsie roll flavor but the plant looked a lil crazy compared to his keepers. hes a cool guy, fun to talk to and really liked cocoa also, he crossed his cocobubble f6 to sour diesel bx3 (karma) he says, which might make some cool offspring

16 Likes

I do even have a picture of my long lost plant, it was about 7 years ago, the freebies that were chemdawg cocoa kush, i had bought more seeds i didnt even want just to get the freebies because i knew it was my last chance. i only had one plant pop but it was pretty good, small and extremely branchy, tons of nodes everywhere and very squat and bushy. i think it was a good plant although it was a little small.

just so much sht happened at the time, a guy got us kicked out of the place i was staying, then everything caught on fire, and never could land the plant or a cut anywhere safe idk what my friend end up doing with it maybe just flowered it out idk it was a bummer but hopefully someone out there still has a chem x cococa kush or those free seeds who knows, its just been so long! maybe someone else will be looking for it like me idk maybe one day it can pop up again somehow too! the chem cocoa was some of the coolest tree ive ever seen in my life and it was when i first started and i had no idea how to grow and it somehow came out so good, i really had no idea how it was so good it just was. ive smoked hundreds of different kinds of weed and it was up there in the top 10 i think bc chem is so good but it was that weird exhale on it that made it so damn cool , instead of an ashy flavor like sometimes stuff gets, it would taste very chocolatey.**( chocolate rain unreal good too, bitter dark cocoa flavors compared to milk choco*
Other stuff can taste like it kinda maybe, but its not the same as the real cocoa or CR! lol, i had great chocolate thai before too but good luck finding that as well, i guess its super hard to find a nice looking pheno if there even is one out there anymore. If i ever do find one i will let choco fans know!

That Tayberry in the 1st post looks really really good too, Thats the fun and cool thing about pheno hunting, there could be plants that lean heavily to one side and still like the oldschool originals. Chocolate Thai was amazing too. Had tried Chocolate OG Thai that was something i never saw again but was awesome too. stuff from stores in cali like 2008 time

Im trying to lock in on plants i like eventually that i think are classics,saw
GDPurps mentioned, even thats getting harder to find now, or even Gods Gift if possible. I got a whole list of stuff no 1 has ever heard of too or even knows about that i may never find either or get to try again. Not trying to stir up anything, but ive never heard of RKS in my life and never seen it either so thats definitely not it! lol

you guys are the coolest, i am huge fans! thanks again for being so cool and so fun to talk with and share about all of this. excited to read more, super interested in everything, and thanks again for the invite SAN.

10 Likes

That’s what happens when you grow your own…doesn’t matter if its weed or tomatoes, when you grow it, it’s some of the best ever!

12 Likes

chocolate cheese
chocolate rain
chocolate chem

all of those can be brought back, if that is wanted … no problem.
just say the word and we take care of this making a re-appearance.

the collective of people preserving lines for the community is growing
steadily. it’s just a matter of time, until we get all of those lines back :wink:

33 Likes