Sannie's Seed Shop

This is what I have left from sannie’s. I thought I have more but that’s what I found. I’ll dig through my other seed containers, maybe I oversaw something.

Have a nice Sunday all!

21 Likes

The scissor hash I smoked from the trim job on killing fields had me army crawling in my house thinking there was a Helicopter overhead and waiting for the dea to come in through the windows. . My neighbor was just mowing his lawn.

14 Likes

(ONE guy nagging, while everybody else knows better :laughing: who cares, really?)

so …

@Everytimefoo
a beautifully triched, but zero-yielding modern plant …
you’ll find this in most packs of currently sold beans.

and that’s fine …
just grow what you like, don’t waste time on stuff you don’t.
who cares, anyways.

best vibes to everyone :innocent: :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

14 Likes

One of the most interesting plants I ever grew was a Coljam (Columbia. X Jamaican) from USC that I got from Sannie’s. Hypnotic baby-poo concoction

8 Likes

Dude i suck so bad i literally just chopped my sick runt plant and got 12gs in a 5 gallon after 5 months. I cant fucking wait til i figure out what the hell im doing so i can get harvests like theses

4 Likes

Cleaned some. Have a bowl and chill out.

13 Likes

This is Sannie’s Sour Kush in my 2020 outdoor. It is a grandmother to the Citrus Flower seeds I’ve been sharing here. Buds were big but not dense. Good amount of frost. Aroma like grape Pixy Stix. Strong effect.

IMG_20201010_183651 IMG_20201017_160846

41 Likes

Very nice looking plant @Tracker!

3 Likes

What’s the citrus flowers story? Nice looking buds on your outdoor Sannies strain.

3 Likes

Citrus Flower =

(SKxTPK)x(Z3x(WCxBM))

SK = Sannie’s Sour Kush
TPK = USC Triple Pakistan LINK this was purchased from Sannie’s Shop

(Z3x(WCxBM)) male I selected from a pack I got from SunGrownGenetics

Z3 = Z3 Zkittlez LINK
WC = Wedding Cake LINK
BM = Blue MAC

Blue MAC = MAC1 clone only x Dragon Hunter

Dragon Hunter = (Blue Dragon x Hippie Kush x Hawaiian Kush)

Citrus Flower in my 2022 outdoor…

27 Likes

that “sour kush” was also from USC :wink:
ECSD (dhk cut) x pakistan chitral purple

your citrus flower looks amazing, mate.
very nice work ! :slight_smile:

14 Likes

Thanks for the nug of info @santero

Do you know the history behind Sannie and USC, how they are connected?

4 Likes

afaik, they sold at sannie’s shop without
further affiliation, just like all the others :wink:

people are romantic about the place, because it IS a nostaglic topic
(for me too, totally), but things were less magical as they seemed when
looking back, re-reading today.

basically knutsel bred almost everything behind the scenes and
sannie took (mostly) care of the shop / marketing side and taking
pics ect. it was a well going machine, for a while it worked good.

all the rest of the seedmakers selling at sannie’s were their own entities.
no pooled genetics or anything of the sort. (just some bean swaps here
and there, just like we do here too.)

i got to learn esko at that place, so it’s a very happy place for me.
prof p from dynasty, mota, cristalin and jah from USC, as well as
useless and hupla from fusion. all of them being really cool people.

and then all the members … maverick was one very kind fella !!
i remember chatting with his family for a while after they broke the
news about his death. (the word association-thread was kept open
forever in his honor.)

pfff … so many cool people (and some idiots of course), about all of
them i look back with a smile and remember it with love in my heart.

:smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

35 Likes

Good summary, thanks for writing this. Ditto on the nostalgia of Sannie’s. When I found them, 10-12 years ago, they were “boutique” in the land of Euro/Canadian seed banks, The Attitude, High Grade, Sensi, etc, many which didn’t ship to the US, or, you had to dodge customs, which was no fun for anyone who’s had seeds seized, as I have. But there weren’t any US seed banks then, or legal ones anyway.

My fave of them all, and probably the most beloved strain to come through Sannies, was Esko’s Chucky’s Bride. I still have a bunch of F2 seeds of Chucky’s, and Holy Princess, as well as a bunch of crosses of Sannie’s Jack, KO Kush, Silverfields, Sugar Punch, and Blue Hammer. But most of Esko’s stuff wasn’t very stable, in my experience, hermes, and the F2 Chucky’s are really feral, horrible structure on most. But he made some great crosses.

Looking back, Sannies had some great gear, I wish I had some Sannie’s Jack seeds left. Today I lean towards growing only strains with solid reps and some history. Nothing’s more aggravating than spending 4 months and being disappointed with the genes.

12 Likes

Hey, Santero, do you have any idea what happened to all of Sannie’s genetics? It seems weird he’d just close down, who’s holding his stuff now? I would think Sannie’s Jack would have quite a bit of value to someone. Pot by nature is a pretty sketchy business, so maybe he just trashed it all. Seems unlikely, having worked on some stuff for 20 years. Just wondering out loud. Been smoking Blue Hammer all morning, such a great wake and bake strain, tasty, too! Makes you talkative, too, lol.

8 Likes

I learned to grow from opengrow forums. I was glad to see alot of familiar names on this forum when I decided to start growing again and found sannies/opengrow was no longer going.
The best part about sannies was that seeds weren’t priced crazy like Attitude. I remeber my first purchase was like $50 and got something like 20+ seeds with freebies.

14 Likes

Chucky bride is one of my favorite strains of all time. Anyone I gave that to were blown away, never smelt anything like it before, the tall c99 leaning pheno was so damn easy to trim, hardly any leaf in the bud.

11 Likes

yeah, there were some situations like this, the fems especially.

but that’s exactly why he always said “making crosses is easy, breeding is not.” :wink:

he himself never presented himself as a breeder neither, he always said
of himself that he is an excentric seedmaker, no more no less (and that the
rest is just people hanging stuff around his neck :grin:)

that’s why he mostly only made first crosses and moved on to the next thing.
his taste was amazing to say the least. some of his lines brought in some of
the most tasty stuff ever (at the time).

19 Likes