Scarlet Grapes in buckets ๐Ÿ‡

Id like to run some scarlet grapes and emerald fire og in my trough system maybe after the widow and wreck finish up , see what these ladies got !! Finish up the breeding projects in the tent. :+1::+1::v:

2 Likes

Right there with you! I seldom fuss over parameters for anything. Iโ€™m totally nerdy about horticulture though, so for example I know that if I kept my humidity up higher the leaves would be wider and the plants a bit happier, but instead of doing it Iโ€™m like โ€œadapt my children!! Activate your epigenetic traits, do your best, and give me offspring who will think that these conditions are great.โ€ :rofl::rofl::rofl:

It actually works pretty well. My home grown seeds a couple generations in have been happily germinating with temps in the 60โ€™s.
My grow room isnโ€™t on the house furnace duct system, and until I tried to heat things up for a fussy batch here, it was down in the low 60s or even the 50s at night now that its winter. Up to the 70s when the lights come on. My humidity fluctuates wildly between 40%-ish and 80%-ish.

I have a messy mix of living soil with compost and handfuls of amendments. My yard has third generation peas sprouting right now, and the best garlic is from a leftover clove I stuck outside when it sprouted. I did get all excited and buy some fancy garlics, but that didnโ€™t end well. Back to planting some from cloves I like and survival of the fittest. :laughing:

My breeding ambition is autoflowers that you can just toss in some soil and expect to adapt to local conditions and provide good bud with very low effort. Theyโ€™re basically annual meadow weeds, so it should be very possible. The trick is to improve durability without losing bud quality.

You might like the phone app I use to check light levels, called Photone. Iโ€™ve found when I bother to check things with it I usually end up turning the lights down, and getting happier plants for less electricity cost. :grin:

5 Likes

Iโ€™ll check it out! There was a app I tried before but bless me, trying to interpret results and make adjustments.

Iโ€™m looking forward to making seeds. Ive already killed a bunch of plants in the name of the cause. Now I have a 2nd tent I donโ€™t have space for coming! :joy: Who knows what could happen.
I really want to try reversing a plant for fem seeds. I haaate the waiting and culling males.

2 Likes

I have several sets of nice fems I made this summer. I could list them if you like. No need for trade,just gift.

4 Likes

I would love that! Iโ€™m interested in how you made them, too.

2 Likes

All fems made with STS from etsy , spraying one limb per plant and tying up to nearby limbs. Outdoors.

6 Likes

Look how leggy the Chernobyl are. I have a pet peeve about leggy sprouts. Ridiculous.

I believe thos to be a pH issue. The roots didnโ€™t look 100% either. Itโ€™s under special care for a while until it shows improvement or turns out to be male

6 Likes

Hereโ€™s the new smoker. It smokes a mean turkey wing. Iโ€™m thawing a chicken to spatchcock now

Got a new tent and Iโ€™m working to move stuff over. Iโ€™m working slowly, but hereโ€™s the tent!

8 Likes

17 Likes

Nice smoker!

What tent ya got there?

A 2x4 itโ€™s 60" tall which is nice. The one I have been using is much shorter and it was very challenging. Itโ€™s an Internet no name

1 Like

Happy New Year! Smoked a butt on the new smoker that came out great!

10 Likes

Damn That looks really good brother , I need to get a new smoker. Been a whileโ€‹:+1::+1::v:

2 Likes

Lookin and cookin good in here, @AppalachianBiscuits . Sorry about the leggy sprouts! Hope they turn out better for ya in the long run. Iโ€™m interested to see how they do. Weโ€™ve got a few (Chernobyl X the Soap) here in the vault.
Happy new year to you and yours and all the best! Hope itโ€™s one worth remembering well.
Stay up
Coffin_Dodger
:ghost::raccoon:

4 Likes

I canโ€™t remember who sent me all these fem seeds but they made it! Looks like some good stuff!

2 Likes

13 Likes

New bean in water, from @hashpants. Very excited about it,

Image_2024-01-09 12_41_37_521

13 Likes

The scarlet grapes are at day 84. Couple more weeks! I saw @pharmerfil took his at 102. One has the perps, I e very happy about that. One looks a week or two behind the other even though they were planted at the same time. I want sure the seed was going to sprout but now itโ€™s looking great.

I heard the buds fatten up about now, so Iโ€™m ready for that. I have them in Jacks finish, and the lights might be on too high. I feel like tall girl has some bleaching?

15 Likes

Canโ€™t forget the babies!
Chernobyl

This one is a gem seed from @Hashpants a Steve Lemme x white cherry truffle x Purple punch

I am super excited about the fems. Space and my state limit my plant counts and not having to cull males is fine by me

10 Likes

Looking frosty.

2 Likes